Taylor Swift is a smart businesswoman, and ATRL needs to get over it

blackoutbaby

All these complaints about variants is exhausting. I would gag if my faves did anything similar.

ATRL needs to stop picking on Taylor Swift for being a good businesswoman and keeping her stans fed, I fear.

terri-joe-finger.gif

• Like 12

I wish more artists were competitive.

• Like 6

I think ATRL needs to stop your thread making abilities

terri-joe-finger.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Trash said:

terri-joe-finger.gif

You're not very nice

• Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

spacer.png

None of the artists are getting their asses up and working these days- Taylor continues to be the sole business biatch of the industry :giraffe:

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Apolonio said:

spacer.png

Wait are you that Omar Apollo stan

k, but I stan artists, not business people.

I want her to put a suit on and leave if it's gonna be like this.

• Haha 1

Idk at this point yeah it's your loss if you still care about it that much

Her die hard fans are busy eating it up every time she releases and she won't stop...I mean she released like 20 editions at this point so releasing more editions won't be problem for her.

5 minutes ago, blackoutbaby said:

Wait are you that Omar Apollo stan

Yes 

spacer.png

Taylor is paving the way for all artists to be bold and motivated. It was cringey how at one point she had 10 men in black suits up on the Grammy stage behind her. I think it was during her country pop days. Or, maybe it was during 1989. I dunno. But she didn't really have much control back then. Look at where she is now. She calls the shots and the entire label is willing to do whatever she wants no matter the risk. That's what real artistry should look like. People should be able to create how they want and when they want. All these 2 minute songs for the charts are stupid. Real music shouldn't have a time constraint. Taylor is bringing revival to the music industry. TTPD has 30 songs that are 3-6 minutes long. She's never changed her formula. It works. She's doing something right.

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No she is cringe. Making 7474747848 versions of the same album dilutes whatever authenticity or quality of the music. Esp with Tortured Kids Department which barely had any quality on it. Making 7738383838 versions of the same album makes it more obvious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We need to call out ecoterr0r.ism when we see it. Also, being good at 'business' doesn't necessarily mean the product you're selling is good

terri-joe-finger.gif

4 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

No she is cringe. Making 7474747848 versions of the same album dilutes whatever authenticity or quality of the music. Esp with Tortured Kids Department which barely had any quality on it. Making 7738383838 versions of the same album makes it more obvious.

This is the dumbest post I've read. The business model of selling variants has been working. That's like saying a brand should discontinue making variants of its best seller. There's no such thing as too much when there's an actual demand with people buying. If something wasn't valuable or didn't have "quality", there would be no reason to even manufacture it. Clearly there's been no financial loss, so it's pretty obvious this has been a profitable strategy. Your subjective opinion on TTPD having barely any quality songs means nothing when the facts are contrary to your opinion.

9 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

How does that affect the music at all? The only thing it impacts is her competition 

25 minutes ago, Trash said:

terri-joe-finger.gif

Another day, another rage bait thread from blackoutbaby :clack:

19 minutes ago, fulgadrum said:

I fear that the music industry is a business too, so the only place she's going to be leaving is her studio after recording TS12spacer.png

She just has the right team of smart men who come up with these things. I salute this woman :clap3:

25 minutes ago, fulgadrum said:

But you guys also complain that she releases too much music 

The Tortured Wallets Department indeed

59 minutes ago, blackoutbaby said:

I would gag if my faves did anything similar.

Uhm, she's one of my faves and I don't like this "strategy" and I hope my other faves don't follow suit. A couple variants for the first drop is cute, doing it every months for a year is absurd.

She should've simply released a live album of surprise songs if she wanted to put them out, that would've been great and it would've been a lot more entertaining for the fans. 

46 minutes ago, Apolonio said:

Yes 

spacer.png

I miss your old pfp. The gif of him. He looked so f***able in it

terri-joe-finger.gif

33 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Another day, another rage bait thread from blackoutbaby :clack:

How is saying stop being mean to someone who just releases music rage bait? :skull:

Nobody said she is not smart or a great businesswoman. We question her artistic integrity and music quality though. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.