Why doesn't Carly have Charli's success?

Squall

Charli being successful in 2024 was highly unexpected, why can't the same happen to Carly? They basically have a similar fan base after all.

Edited by Squall

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• magazine

• Kanes

• Mighty Oaks

the iCarly girl? I'm confused, sis

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Good question, I have no idea either. EMOTION should have been her Brat tbh at least she went viral on Tiktok last year with one of her new songs.

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 2

branding/online presence idk :michael:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carly is a little "corny" she doesn't have a cool factor. Charli is basically the underdog Rihanna and Carly is the underdog Taylor, in terms of their public personas. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Squall said:

It was funnier in your head :sorry:

sis, we all saw that disastrous grammar from the original title. Keep it cute :giraffe:

Just now, Princess Aurora said:

Good question, I have no idea either. EMOTION should have been her Brat tbh

oh, Carly Rae :deadvision: Now it makes sense

OT: Carly does not make good music, where's miss Charli makes some bops here and there

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 13

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, magazine said:

sis, we all saw that disastrous grammar from the original title. Keep it cute :giraffe:

oh, Carly Rae :deadvision: Now it makes sense

OT: Carly does not make good music, where's miss Charli makes some bops here and there

It's called a typo and I am not sure what accidentally typing « doesn't » twice has to do with your flop joke :confused: 

Edited by Squall
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

mid albums + no 'cool' personality

Very much this, if anyone thinks she can have a BRAT type breakthrough with… The Loneliest Time :rip:

2 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Very much this, if anyone thinks she can have a BRAT type breakthrough with… The Loneliest Time :rip:

EMOTION is better than anything she has released, you guys should go away with your tragic taste :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, magazine said:

My face after reading this:

DCKh3N1UwAAkNat.thumb.jpg.65b0203f990c84

• Like 2

It's called a typo and I am not sure what accidentally typing « doesn't » twice has to do with your flop joke :confused: 

We can tell you're not sure about a lot of things :hoetenks:  Omg, so annoying

Just now, magazine said:

We can tell you're not sure about a lot of things :hoetenks:  Omg, so annoying

Your posts don't even make sense :rip: what's the correlation between them? Go cry about typos in another thread, especially when it's not my mother tongue we are talking about :dies: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't see why she couldn't tbh. Carly sonically occupies a similar space to Taylor and Sabrina, so she could blow up with the right song. The Loneliest Time (single) went viral on tiktok but her label did nothing with it.

• Like 1

Run Away With Me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Charli song

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

I like some of Carly's music but she's kinda boring, like a female Shawn Mendes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

And everytime I see Charli without XCX I think about D'Amelio. That's just the Gen Z in me. :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2016 had way more competition. Adele, Tame Impala, Grimes and Florence + The Machine. Carly wasn't seeing 'brat' success with Adele releasing an album in the same year. 

Just now, Squall said:

Your posts don't even make sense :rip: what's the correlation between them? Go cry about typos in another thread, especially when it's not my mother tongue we are talking about :dies: 

Sis, you couldn't even make the title of your own thread make sense :hoetenks:

The self-drag :deadvision:

Boring music and bad marketing :cm:

• Thumbs Down 4

Just now, magazine said:

Sis, you couldn't even make the title of your own thread make sense :hoetenks:

The self-drag :deadvision:

And I corrected it immediately, it's not like it was intentional :rip: imagine being so mad someone called you unfunny that all you have left is… a 30 second typo in a thread title on an online forum :rip: 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Boring music and bad marketing :cm:

I mean, you stan Woman's World, be serious 

• Haha 13
  • Confused 1

EMOTION is better than anything she has released, you guys should go away with your tragic taste :rip: 

No one is denying EMOTION isn't great, but can you honestly tell anyone there's any potential for everything released after to blow up? :deadbanana4: she doesn't have the personality to captivate a big audience and her online presence gives mom on Facebook. Pair that with 0 drive and a long string of bad decisions (EMOTION released months early in Japan, IRLY being the start and end of the era's promo, Party for One being the lead of Dedicated only to end up becoming a bonus track, Beach House seeing the light of day etc).

The hate already in here. The Loneliest Time and The Loveliest Time are excellent albums, I don't know what some of you are smoking...

Edited by glitch
  • Like 14

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.