• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffersonairplanes19

• inmymendes

• James_Dean

• Into The Void

45 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

The whole album has been recorded in Nashville so…

only some of it was recorded in nashville he recorded some of it in LA, New York, Seattle and the London

I really like this direction in all its basicness :duca:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

cant wait for the Why Why Why Tour to be cancelled and users to post threads "Why Why Why was Why Why Why cancelled?"

you're outta your mind if you think he's going on tour again

I prefer Wonder to be honest. It was more cinematic... this one screams middle of the road and midlife crisis .

Not him jumping on the country bandwagon for a hit :dies:

Sounds like a ed sheeran song. Radio will eat this up and retail stores

not another folk type of song :rip: 

He needed a Sexy Back type of song for his comeback tbh

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

not another folk type of song :rip: 

He needed a Sexy Back type of song for his comeback tbh

Ya'll gonna have to give that dream of him being a Justin Timberlake Popstar to god. He clearly wants to be John Mayer folk singer just let him be John Mayer folk singer.

1 minute ago, jeffersonairplanes19 said:

Ya'll gonna have to give that dream of him being a Justin Timberlake Popstar to god. He clearly wants to be John Mayer folk singer just let him be John Mayer folk singer.

I want to let him do that but I need him to do ONE big pop star era while he still has abs to flaunt for us and stuff :'( 

I can see this being a moderate sized hit

This will be his our song

Its kinda giving 2014 but its cute

44 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I want to let him do that but I need him to do ONE big pop star era while he still has abs to flaunt for us and stuff :'( 

that was his 2018 album

46 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

He's still only 25 there's lots of time

• Like 1

someone said it was gonna be his Joanne in the album thread, guess they're right

N1dcTi4.gif

Why Why Why 

Please Please Please 

Lies Lies Lies

All these new songs are starting to have a trend :coffee2:

I actually really like this 

9 hours ago, jeffersonairplanes19 said:

i don't think this is supposed to be a big comeback song. he seems very over popstardom

If he was over commercial performance 95% of the album wouldn't be songs shorter than 2:30

His paper thin voice ruins everything. Especially this rootsier, folkier sound needs a stronger tone. Even with all the layering and vocal assistance in the chorus, he still sounds weak. Not to mention the wimpy verses. 

I think TikTok giving a platform to so many other shirtless guys with a guitar that can actually kind of sing may have been the thing that killed his momentum. The guy is just... not good

3 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

so many other shirtless guys with a guitar that can actually kind of sing

what other shirtless guys with guitars. and Shawn Mendes can very much sing the music itself can be debated but saying he can't sing is straight up false and you only say he can't because you don't like him, which is fine but be for real.

7 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

If he was over commercial performance 95% of the album wouldn't be songs shorter than 2:30

the songs are short because he hates working and island probably had to force him to get into the studio. Also I think commercial performance is important obviously but I don't think this album is about taking him back to being superstar with big songs that you can't escape wherever you go. it's mainly to maintain a small manageable level of fame that he can actually handle

Edited by jeffersonairplanes19

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.