Shawn Mendes - 'Shawn'

James_Dean

yep benson boone is gonna replace his demographic ... he should have gone more pop but with a more interesting twist to it and a new vibe image. Those cliched titles hope it is a good singer-songwriter moment for him.

• Like 1

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffersonairplanes19

• inmymendes

• Magickarp

• Into The Void

5 minutes ago, kayliah said:

yep benson boone is gonna replace his demographic ... he should have gone more pop but with a more interesting twist to it and a new vibe image. Those cliched titles hope it is a good singer-songwriter moment for him.

he doesn't really seem interested in being a "popstar" anymore

People complaining about track lengths have obviously not listened to a new album the last 2 years 

Idk about yall this is the new norm. Check any 2022, 2023 and 2024 album most songs are 2-2:30 or shorter. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

People complaining about track lengths have obviously not listened to a new album the last 2 years 

Idk about yall this is the new norm. Check any 2022, 2023 and 2024 album most songs are 2-2:30 or shorter. 

Literally this. Fair complaint if this were 2/3 years ago but this is just simply where most music is now I don't get the huge issue :giraffe:

OT. Looking forward you this, he's always someone I kinda forget about but whenever I do listen to him I always enjoy 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, OhMyAlf said:

Literally this. Fair complaint if this were 2/3 years ago but this is just simply where most music is now I don't get the huge issue :giraffe:

OT. Looking forward you this, he's always someone I kinda forget about but whenever I do listen to him I always enjoy 

Exactly I see the same complaints every time a new track list is released and people are like those track lengths and it's like yall haven't learned yet?

3 hours ago, JustHoran said:

Looking more into this it seems more like an album he's just going to release, hardly promote, probably not tour.. he just seems over his career still.

He was so close to being JB level too :rip: 

Doubt it he's still Islands biggest hit maker they will still push him. 

• Like 1

I just sae the track length wtf? 1 minute songs? :rip:

Loving the direction. Looking forward to it.

Not another self-titled album :spin: and why are all the songs so short :rip:

59 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

Doubt it he's still Islands biggest hit maker they will still push him. 

Chappell and Sabrina absolutely have all of Island's attention right now

• Like 2

He looks amazing on that cover. Might give it a listen.

• Like 1

Mess cover gives me Omar Apollo + Pedro Pascal for some reason :mazen:

• Like 1

I'll listen but I'm not really feeling the title, doesn't he already have an album with his name?

Not another self-titled

His worst album cover

Horrific track lengths

Oh Mike Sabbath. Not surprised to see the usuals out here in full defense mode :dies: Always resorting to extreme examples to excuse his decisions :dies: Imagine how pathetic u gotta be to defend these track lengths :rip:

"He's always been a hippie" u can tell they're either a new stan, or purposely lying to defend him. He wasn't a hippie for his first 3 successful albums. He was the most normal "Boy next door" type. Then he went deep into the LA bull with Wonder. He tried to prove he wasn't your basic boy next door by imitating Harry Styles, & tanked. Then he got depressed & "lost himself", so he surrounded himself with LA lifestyle gurus like notorious liar Jay Shetty, became close friends with cocaine hippie Mike Sabbath, & started to mould his new personality & interests to be like theirs, in an attempt to "find himself".

He's always been kind hearted & overly trusting, but a hippie? Lol. His kindness & blind trust + depression was what allowed those millionaire lifestyle hippies to take advantage of him. He just acclimated to the best snake oil salesmen. Why Why Why sounds good though. Hope it can fund more of his vacations, yes-man therapy, & Mike's cocaine.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

I can already see what kind of album it will be and I'm seeing myself pressing NEXT a lot while listening to it 

If the song in that video is the lead and is the final edit, it's a complete lost 

15 minutes ago, MP3 said:

If the song in that video is the lead and is the final edit, it's a complete lost 

The song in that video is "Isn't That Enough"

The first single is "Why Why Why"

HxNnYmW.jpeg

Edited by inmymendes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Chappell and Sabrina absolutely have all of Island's attention right now

Sabrina and Chappel are smashing without Island's help so it's not like they will affect Shawn really. 

4 minutes ago, inmymendes said:

The song in the video is "Isn't That Enough"

The first single is "Why Why Why"

HxNnYmW.jpeg

Ok that one could be it

It really needs to have strong verses

9 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Sabrina and Chappel are smashing without Island's help so it's not like they will affect Shawn really. 

I have 0 trust in them managing multiple artists at the same time after butchering Shawn's and Demi's latest eras :toofunny3:

5 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

I have 0 trust in them managing multiple artists at the same time after butchering Shawn's and Demi's latest eras :toofunny3:

the real problem isn't gonna be island it's gonna be Shawn wanting to wander around the forest all day instead being a popstar. He's gonna release some singles, post some instagram stories and tweets, MAYBE a live tv performance and call it day.

Edited by jeffersonairplanes19
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Horrific track lengths

the tracks are so short because island probably had to force him into the studio.

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.