Should Selena Gomez do a definitive jump on Latin Music? Or should stay in the Anglo?

ShadeIena

Should Selena Gomez finally transition to latin music? Or she should take advantage of spanglish? or just continue in English?

Selena Gomez has released multiple songs in spanish since her The Scene days and was about to release a full spanish versions album in 2012 but got shelved since the group dissolved.

She has achieved the massive spanglish hit Taki Taki with Ozuna, released the moombahton track I Can't Get Enough with J Balvin , the latin pop 999 with Camilo, the latin rap Damelo To' with Myke Towers and the LATAM/eu hit Baila Conmigo, a sensual reggaeton fully in spanish with Rauw Alejandro.

She dropped the 2021 spanish Ep  Revelación with 7 songs in spanish, one of them in spanglish.

She has two leaked songs in Spanish, with Anitta & Karol G and she's about to release a spanish song for Emilia Perez titled Mi Camino a electro pop progressing ballad.

What's stopping her to keep exploring latin market? Her pronunciation is always improving and she has taken a couple spanish classes during the last few years.

In my opinion, it would be really interesting to see Selena doing latin trap, house in spanish, and many other genres.

Edited by ShadeIena
  • Like 2

Sel's far more respected by the industry as a latin artist, revelacion achieved the highest critical acclaim of her career and garnered her twice as many award noms as rare (rightfully so! :mandown:).

She should try to connect with more latin artists and experiment with different genres, who knows, maybe she could do a selftitled album half in english half in spanish if she recovers her passion for music someday... :rip:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Sel's far more respected by the industry as a latin artist, revelacion achieved the highest critical acclaim of her career and garnered her twice as many award noms as rare (rightfully so! :mandown:).

She should try to connect with more latin artists and experiment with different genres, who knows, maybe she could do a selftitled album half in english half in spanish if she recovers her passion for music someday... :rip:

the thing is that latinos do not see it serious since she is not fluent and the Grammy committee sees her as must for latin music

I could see her releasing a Latin track with Taylor :alexz3:

Just now, vuelve88 said:

I could see her releasing a Latin track with Taylor :alexz3:

Willow Reggaeton remix was a serve tho

I would love it. 

Revelacion >>> 

i mean, thats ART:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Selegend said:

I would love it. 

Revelacion >>> 

i mean, thats ART:

Bailia Conmigo is the club banger/summer smash that got away:jonny:

It still hits til this day

spacer.png

• Like 1

She should pull a Shakira tbh :ryan3:

• Like 1

YES! I want a full Spanish album

• Like 1

We need a nice middle ground. Rare is her best album imo and the Spanish EP was pretty good too. 

But anything is better than those three singles she's dropped post-EP 

selena is way too lazy to jump on latin music 

8 hours ago, itshyolee said:

Bailia Conmigo is the club banger/summer smash that got away:jonny:

It still hits til this day

spacer.png

it was pretty huge in LATAM and Europe. I don't know why Interscope pulled it off radio when it was starting to grow in the US. They didn't even send the song to LATAM radios

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.