Katy Perry reveals she "slept" on a song pitched to her that went #1

KatyPrismSpirit

I mean she's had decent songs and fumbled them horribly. That song might have flopped in anyone elses possession

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Human Fly

• Jude

• Saint James

30 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Even if it was espresso or say so, it would've been hard to make it smash. Both sabrina and doja released those songs in a perfect timing that made the songs explode, and they had all the reasons to make it a hit.

It takes more than a good song to make a hit.

Say So maybe only cause Katy couldn't do the rap, but both songs are the opposite of being hits because of the artist. They started out small and blew up organically because people loved the songs

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

she either doesnt have an ear for hits anymore or the songs she's pitched nowadays are passed around and not made for her consideration  

• Like 3

actually she slept on her

Dignity by Hilary Duff - Music Charts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, favorite crime said:

Say So maybe only cause Katy couldn't do the rap, but both songs are the opposite of being hits because of the artist. They started out small and blew up organically because people loved the songs

Sabrina had all the Taylor Swift hype from the tour, and she went viral so many times on every platform + she performed at coachella, a hit was bound to happen (even if it was a small sized hit).

Doja was already getting some attention on TikTok before Say So, and the song was blowing up while the pandemic started and TikTok gained popularity. It was really one of the first songs that went viral on the platform, she was really lucky that everything worked out the way it did. A Nicki feature sent the song to #1, benefiting from barbz' strong digital sales.

I don't see how Katy would market the song or have anything going on for her that would benefit her as much as doja and sabrina had.

• Like 5

Well we definitely know it wasnt Stupid Love.

Is it Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish? She mentioned a collab :foxaylove3:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Espresso didn't hit #1 on H100, though? :huh:

Dua and Sabrina are the only ones I could see getting a KP song. 

I could see Katy singing We Cant Be Friends too.

maybe My Life Would Suck without You? but then mothaf*cka it's true two of her own songs ended up on that album and worked so well with Kelly's voice that they decided MLWSwY was right for her too :gayorkcat4:

not to shade myself preemptively but this might be giving…

math-lady-meme-confused-thinking-economyhonestly… but it made sense in my head world

This would depend on the year. If the song was offered to her post-2016, it'd probably have been a top 50 peak in her hands.

We can't be friends (wait for your love)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Jude said:

Espresso didn't hit #1 on H100, though? :huh:

maybe she wasnt talking about US charts. it went #1 globally which is even more impressive 

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

maybe she wasnt talking about US charts. it went #1 globally which is even more impressive 

H100 is what matters the most especially to US artists. I doubt she knew about global charts.

• Like 1

Defo About Damn Time, Espresso or Say So. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

We can't be friends (wait for your love)

This could be it too!

All Too Well 10 minute version :jonnycat:

• Haha 3

Katy is chart position first music second 

• Haha 2

Bad Blood ?

• Haha 1

HIIS or WAP

Whatever it was, it never would have been as big with her

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

The issue is not even the music itself but mainly her image which is disastrous. Even if she had released Espresso or any other big hit it'd have performed poorly. People simply aren't here for Katy nowadays and I don't mean it as a shade.

The issue is the music, not Katy.  I keep saying this and I will stand by it. Had Katy called Bonnie McKee and Max Martin she would be huge. She also needs someone to help elevate her brand from camp pop girl to Worldwide Pop Star. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, Hexchromatica said:

Katy is chart position first music second 

Just like atrlers! :heart2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Doesn't matter the song it would tank. She's chart poison. You can probably give WW to some basic girl like Sabrina and it's probably a top 10 hit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.