Will TTPD be remembered in the long run?

Solaria

25 minutes ago, Nnnv said:

Yes but they were universally liked upon release … 

They weren't, cardigan was considered a big flop by most of this site for example (and it kinda was, initially)

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• WildHeart

• Popboi.

• Solaria

Tbh, I think it will be a cult classic that won't necessarily be as praised by the GP as much as 1989, Red, Folklore, and Midnights but will have a lot of diehard fans who will praise it for being a "therapy album" that's vulnerable compared to many of her other works. 

Edited by Storm653
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

This is such a chronically online take. Born This Way for 99c, Anti's mass purchased Samsung copies, Red bundled with Papa John's: the GP remembers the hits, the visuals, the live performances - everything but those gimmicks. Gaming the charts doesn't matter outside of stan discourse.

OT: It's absolutely gonna be remembered. Forget your personal feelings on the material, the length of the album alone makes it remarkable. I don't think it'll be remembered as a top tier, fan fav TS album but it'll def be remembered for being ambitious & that's rly not even up for debate

It seriously makes me cringe when people act like their fave is above all that marketing stuff. Like, honestly, if your idol was in Taylor's position, they'd be doing the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Tell us more, duybeeGAshantiGA

You want more. Sure. I am not a success stan while all you do is stan success.

• Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

It seriously makes me cringe when people act like their fave is above all that marketing stuff. Like, honestly, if your idol was in Taylor's position, they'd be doing the exact same thing.

How about no? She would never try to sabotage the younger artists like that. Do all the tactics to block the newer girls is not a good look. Thousands of variants just to block female artists.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

You want more. Sure. I am not a success stan while all you do is stan success.

We can tell that part

Blue-tribe.thumb.gif.3a15acc4ebd84db664ee8c0e21ad996e.gif

Just now, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

How about no? She would never try to sabotage the younger artists like that. Do all the tactics to block the newer girls is not a good look. Thousands of variants just to block female artists.

It's a chart, not a playgroup activity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

We can tell that part

Blue-tribe.thumb.gif.3a15acc4ebd84db664ee8c0e21ad996e.gif

It's a chart, not a playgroup activity.

Chromatica wasnt a mega success. It was a moderate one. So your point? If you look at my sig, 90% of them are complete flops / has beens. I love artists not marketers.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The way this forum never fails to live up to their reputation of old bitter gays living in 2004:rip: yet the people actually listening to Taylor aka real people in the real world+her fans are the ones being delusional about its success PLEASE :bibliahh:

You think this album doing 20million daily streams is just "fan driven"? All those physical copies still being bought after a 2 million debut isn't people liking it? Then who exactly listens to y'all's faves then? Cause it sure ain't a big fanbase or a big portion of the gp 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

it will be her "Born This Way"

13 hours ago, makeme said:

Yeah but not by people who enjoy good music. 

I am always wondering why someone needs to showcase their supreme complex over internet: is it compensating for real life? Or simply need more attention?

It is totally normal to express that you don't like some type or artist's music. It is another thing to dismiss every one listening to the music that you don't enjoy as they don't know good music.

Care to enlighten me your thoughts?

• Like 1

That album made zero noise outside her fandom.

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Moreso than other culturally impactful and historic albums that sold less, were streamed less and are currently not consumed at all.

only by the swifties… truly nobody else cares. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Seeing how pretty much her entire discography is being remembered in the long run, i'm inclined to say yes

no every album shes had has at least one song that stuck out .. this one hasn't sadly.  She dropped this album and all we wanted is Rep TV :clack:

she should of waited a bit to drop this tbh and maybe less songs but it wont be remembered in 10 years or so

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

All Taylor albums have longevity tho, so I don't know why people in here are having doubts and thinking it's gonna be different

On 7/29/2024 at 10:43 AM, Forever Winter said:

THIS is the first thread you make after unbanned? 

:suburban:

This had me dead :deadbanana2:

Love my Lil Lipsters, we're more dedicated to hating Taylor then we are to Dua

• Haha 2

no, and thank god for that

:gaycat5:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wwshooter said:

I am always wondering why someone needs to showcase their supreme complex over internet: is it compensating for real life? Or simply need more attention?

It is totally normal to express that you don't like some type or artist's music. It is another thing to dismiss every one listening to the music that you don't enjoy as they don't know good music.

Care to enlighten me your thoughts?

dismiss? You doing a lot of digging from one sentence. Yes her music is mid the album sucks if you enjoyed it that's your opinion 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

not for the music, just like midnights 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Yes, when Guilty As Sin is released as a single :cm:

But for real I hope so.  I genuinely think it's one of her best and has some fantastic stuff (it's in my Top 5 Taylor albums), I think just the sheer length + overexposure made the initial reaction lukewarm for some people.

Seeing as all her Albums serve longevity I am going with yes.

Perhaps not, but she already has 2-3 remembered albums that are mainstays on lists and receive great recurrent streams. Some artists don't even have one.

Does anyone remember Midnights? Nope.

It's nothing but hype. Once she released her new album, TTPD will be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.