Will TTPD be remembered in the long run?

Solaria

Y'all still trying to claim Taylor's music won't stand the test of time? :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• WildHeart

• Popboi.

• Solaria

20 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

People don't care about numbers, numbers are there because people care... 

Wow that was deep, thank you.

4 hours ago, Supervillain said:

It will be remembered as one of the most desperate eras of all time. 

This is such a chronically online take. Born This Way for 99c, Anti's mass purchased Samsung copies, Red bundled with Papa John's: the GP remembers the hits, the visuals, the live performances - everything but those gimmicks. Gaming the charts doesn't matter outside of stan discourse.

OT: It's absolutely gonna be remembered. Forget your personal feelings on the material, the length of the album alone makes it remarkable. I don't think it'll be remembered as a top tier, fan fav TS album but it'll def be remembered for being ambitious & that's rly not even up for debate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

I have the feeling it will be remembered the same way "25" is:

Massive (and historic) chart success but the material just wasn't really there to back up the hype

Y'all always say Taylor's albums won't be remembered only for them to still chart and have insane streams years and years later so take that as you will 

:suburban:

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 2

Yeah but not by people who enjoy good music. 

• Thanks 1

You know you can't ask this to atrl when the OTSH are saying "already forgotten!!!111" while it's likely going back to #1 this week. Completely out of touch with reality cause she's not in their dolls night out playlist.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Y'all always say Taylor's albums won't be remembered only for them to still chart and have insane streams years and years later so take that as you will 

The way we went through this with Reputation, Lover and Folklore too. It just gets repeated every other album cycle. It must be some type of coping mechanism at this point 

• Haha 3

Yes it will but you are free to think otherwise if it helps you sleep better at night i guess :)

• Haha 1

It will be remembered for its sales and how it's her first critically panned project only. Nothing more than that.

Not Fortnight. Not quality music. No nothing. 

e0b700fb-012f-431f-9c72-9bf3229064a5.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Well, contrary to what some of y'all here believe, the Swifties consuming this album do actually count as people and are part of the broader general population, so I'm gonna have to go with yes.

By Swifties maybe.. 

5 hours ago, aotwbys said:

Yes, the album will be remembered. I do not think it will have a redemption moment like reputation, bc the lyrics are her worst to date, and there's no getting around it. I think a couple of songs could have a shot of being like Don't Blame Me.

Her underhanded chart tactics won't be too memorable for this album bc I could see her doing the same for her next albums.

I personally believe TTPD will be remembered as a necessary stepping stone to a better future album (in which she may lyrically reference TTPD!)

Yeah, keep thinking that. Keep picking up a few lyrics here and there to generalize the entire album :toofunny3:

You just know people saying this sh*t have not listened to the album or have listened to it only once with the intention of hating it from the start :toofunny3:

Edited by Enrique523
  • Thanks 3

Who knows? I'm sure 5 years ago you, almost everybody would have said that Lover was going to be a fad and look at it now. Only time will tell

I actually think it will.

I know OTHs will never let go of the fact that this album has songs allegedly about Ratty.

For that alone, it will be remembered and discussed for eternity.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

I haven't heard a song from this album, and usually Taylor Swift albums are inescapable... so I'm inclined to say probably not?

I feel like when people look back at this period in Taylor's career this album will be overshadowed by the Eras Tour - which was just an incredible phenomena.

As a more casual fan of Swift it feels like this album (for me at least) got lost in the shuffle of a monstrous world tour, friendship bracelets, the 22 hat, her new boyfriend, and the re-recordings. There was just so much happening I never had the chance to digest this album properly. 

Edited by XXI.
  • Thanks 3

i hope its mentioned in a curriculum surrounding the negative affects of capitalism and greed.

• Thumbs Down 2

Remembered? Probably. 

Fondly? Not necessarily.

• Like 1

For it's nick name PTSD yeah… and that probably will be it

Edited by CherryBay

6 hours ago, Solaria said:

It doesn't have a hit 

duahoudinigif3.thumb.gif.14f021fe804119f11296334c7f5393a5.gif

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Arrows said:

August and cardigan only became cult classics years later. It doesn't happen overnight.

Yes but they were universally liked upon release … 

• Like 1

the anthology will, I don't know about the standard version 

1 hour ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

It will be remembered for its sales and how it's her first critically panned project only. Nothing more than that.

Not Fortnight. Not quality music. No nothing. 

e0b700fb-012f-431f-9c72-9bf3229064a5.png

Tell us more, duybeeGAshantiGA

Edited by Popboi.

2 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

This is such a chronically online take. Born This Way for 99c, Anti's mass purchased Samsung copies, Red bundled with Papa John's: the GP remembers the hits, the visuals, the live performances - everything but those gimmicks. Gaming the charts doesn't matter outside of stan discourse.

OT: It's absolutely gonna be remembered. Forget your personal feelings on the material, the length of the album alone makes it remarkable. I don't think it'll be remembered as a top tier, fan fav TS album but it'll def be remembered for being ambitious & that's rly not even up for debate

eeh 

while it is obviously going to be remembered for other things, i don't think those examples are equivalent the way she kept pumping out new stuff to secure more weeks at #1

i still agree that the gp probably doesn't know or care tho

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.