Will TTPD be remembered in the long run?

Solaria

Yes, the album will be remembered. I do not think it will have a redemption moment like reputation, bc the lyrics are her worst to date, and there's no getting around it. I think a couple of songs could have a shot of being like Don't Blame Me.

Her underhanded chart tactics won't be too memorable for this album bc I could see her doing the same for her next albums.

I personally believe TTPD will be remembered as a necessary stepping stone to a better future album (in which she may lyrically reference TTPD!)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• WildHeart

• Popboi.

• Solaria

Only if she releases Down Bad as a single...

Only by the roaches of the future nibbling on the thousands of tons of plastic this album has produced and sent to landfill. 

:heart2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

20 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Her debut, Speak Now (unfortunately) and Evermore aren't really remembered by the GP globally, and I think despite their streams right now which are fueled by her peak Reputation, Midnights and TTPD won't be that remembered either. 

Her remembered albums will likely be Fearless, Red, 1989, Folklore and for some reason Lover. 

From this list, only debut is not really remotely remembered. Speak Now and Evermore are pretty much cult classics with much better recurrent stats than many supposed classic albums from the time they were released. 

• Like 1

It will be remembered for being the most fraudulent album of all time, sure.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

mothaf*cka it's fawlse I fear…

dgmw, there are a few good songs on it, but at best I could see it being a transitional album down the line? I (well maybe wishful thinking?) feel like her next album will be a new genre, like alt rock finally (hinted at by The Black Dog and So Chai School) or more baroque pop vibes. I think the minimalist pop is on its way out for her and maybe this was her way of getting it out of her system :relax:

For Taylor standards maybe it wont be as iconic and remembered as some of her previous work but our faves could only dream of getting sales and streams that TTDP has:deadbanana:

i still think it sounds like a fall,winter album and she would be able to snatch a few more hits if she sent songs to radio or released some music videos

35 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I really think TTPD is going to be much more remembered than Midnights and maybe even Lover… because at its core - it's an excellent body of work.

People will be much kinder to the record in 10 years or so… wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of retrospective reviews further down the line re-evaluating the work… similar to Reputation.

That being said, once the tour is done I think she needs a proper era with multiple singles… this "one and done" approach since Folklore just feels like she's rushing through as many projects as she can before the hype starts to dip.

If TS12 is a more 'happy' album then I could see her returning to a more traditional rollout

yes, by swifties

• Haha 2

In my house it will be for sure. :chick3:

Not the way Fearless, Red, 1989 and folklore are and will be..

Nope, just the numbers—but even then, no one really cares about numbers outside of stan wars.

You can expect to find many copies of TTPD at your local thrift store in the next couple of years.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

obviously not, it doesn't have any hit songs and wasn't received well critically so besides the variant-fueled 12 weeks at #1 there's nothing to remember

• Thumbs Down 2

It will remembered as her reputation moment 2.0 :gaycat2:

already forgotten fortunately 

25 minutes ago, stars said:

Nope, just the numbers—but even then, no one really cares about numbers outside of stan wars.

People don't care about numbers, numbers are there because people care... 

4 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

already forgotten fortunately 

DD55F246-B463-45BB-AFBE-D5369EBE9DED.thu

OT : It will be more remembered than any MPG album from this decade 

Edited by WildHeart

No dormida.gif

3 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

the GP is aware of zero (0) songs from this album so definitely not

This! 

So no. 

3 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

fume! happy Monday :) 

1 minute ago, Breathe On Moi said:

fume! happy Monday :) 

DD55F246-B463-45BB-AFBE-D5369EBE9DED.thu

If it's forgotten that says more about your short attention span since it's broken records on ATRL for the album with the post topics and individual posts.

folklore might be currently outstreaming Midnights' on august-eve, but let's not pretend Midnights' recurrent stats aren't excellent. 

The only way to drag Taylor is to compare her to herself. TTPD may not have the immortal legs of 1989 or folklore, but I'm sure it'll be more remembered than 99% of the albums her pop "peers" released in the last two years. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.