Will TTPD be remembered in the long run?

Solaria

No denying that it is a commercial smash, but judging by the fact that albums like Lover and Folklore are outstreaming Midnights… will TTPD be able to have longevity in the long run? It doesn't have a hit like Cruel Summer or a cult classic like August/Cardigan to carry it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• WildHeart

• Popboi.

• Solaria

Tbh no, it has no hits whatsoever so it will not be remembered on the long run even though it was and still is smashing the album charts

• Like 2

Commercial success still counts as success, doesn't it? A 2.4mil debut is unheard of these days, as are 12 weeks at number 1, unless you're Morgan Wallen. Yes, she had countless variants but it will still be remembered for the above things and for its smart marketing and Taylor's ability to persuade people to buy the same album multiple times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

It's having a really similar reception to reputation, but with much more commercial longevity and popularity. It's probably gonna end up somewhere in the middle of her albums.

12 minutes ago, Solaria said:

or a cult classic like August/Cardigan to carry it.

August and cardigan only became cult classics years later. It doesn't happen overnight.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hope not. It's one of her weaker albums. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Kinda 

Considering how all her albums after her debut album are still charting and being consumed and listened to all over the world, I'm inclined to say yes. :lakitu:

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

No.

Is it even remembered now besides the discussions about the several versions that are avaliable to purchase?

I wish critics were even harsher on the album so Taylor could go back to how things were going with folklore and evermore. Either that or an album with well crafted pop songs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Welcome back...

Despite performing really well commercially speaking, it does not feel popular irl and doesn't have some iconic songs/videos/performances/moments so I doubt it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I mean people are pretending like Lover and Midnights aren't remembered albums despite the fact that both are still charting well inside the Top 50 (often inside the Top 20-30) around the globe so I doubt you will get an unbiased answer here

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

More remembered than anything released this year for sure. Like her normal albums. 🤷🏻‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

THIS is the first thread you make after unbanned? 

:suburban:

Hey I have a reputation (no pun intended) to keep up!

• Haha 3

the GP is aware of zero (0) songs from this album so definitely not

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

All of her albums are remembered. Have you guys not realized that yet? 

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Despite performing really well commercially speaking, it does not feel popular irl and doesn't have some iconic songs/videos/performances/moments so I doubt it. 

That is also true. But the album is too big to be entirely forgotten.

23 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

All of her albums are remembered. Have you guys not realized that yet? 

Her debut, Speak Now (unfortunately) and Evermore aren't really remembered by the GP globally, and I think despite their streams right now which are fueled by her peak Reputation, Midnights and TTPD won't be that remembered either. 

Her remembered albums will likely be Fearless, Red, 1989, Folklore and for some reason Lover. 

Edited by CaptainMusic
  • Like 2

I really think TTPD is going to be much more remembered than Midnights and maybe even Lover… because at its core - it's an excellent body of work.

People will be much kinder to the record in 10 years or so… wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of retrospective reviews further down the line re-evaluating the work… similar to Reputation.

That being said, once the tour is done I think she needs a proper era with multiple singles… this "one and done" approach since Folklore just feels like she's rushing through as many projects as she can before the hype starts to dip.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It will. Weather people like it or not it's still the album that smashed many records so just for that it will. 

Also who's to say that in 3 years it won't be more appreciated in a hindsight. And which Taylor except the first two is not still talked about to be fair?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I really think TTPD is going to be much more remembered than Midnights and maybe even Lover… because at its core - it's an excellent body of work.

People will be much kinder to the record in 10 years or so… wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of retrospective reviews further down the line re-evaluating the work… similar to Reputation.

That being said, once the tour is done I think she needs a proper era with multiple singles… this "one and done" approach since Folklore just feels like she's rushing through as many projects as she can before the hype starts to dip.

Yeah she could easily score many number 1 songs on the Hot 100 and in the UK  now with her streaming power alone.  She should make another 1989 level catchy record again. I would love that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.