• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• WildAmerican

• Love Drought

• loveisdead9582

With how this is being scrutinized now, I am sure Marvel is going to make sure the incorporation is spot on. I wonder if they are just going to drop Kang mentions and pretend it didn't happen :toofunny2:

Marvel better hope this is going to be good and people will show up... 

This is so confusing. :deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Also since most of y'all probably think this is random, it's not. Robert Downey JR was actually first cast in the original 2005 Fantastic four film as Dr. Doom. But didn't get the part due to legal issues (he was getting sober in 2003 when the filming and auditions were happening) in his personal life. So it's quite literally a full circle moment for the actor. In the same way Ryan Reynolds always wanted to be Deadpool but Wolverine Origins was trashed and he got a 2nd chance with the 2016 Deadpool franchise. I know most gays here don't know that but it's true

I love your informative comments. I've never been a comic reader (I was more into mangas as a teenager) but I watched almost every movie in the Marvel franchise (up to the Thanos saga, didn't really care about the latest phase) so there's a lot of information missing to me. I did watch D&W cause I loved the X-Men movies back in the 2000s. 

10 hours ago, Poxy said:

Many fans are upset he is not Romani !

In the new ultimate marvel Dr. Doom is Reed Richards. Tony Stark has been the scientist supreme in other universes and has even been Doom before. Doom even recently moonlit as Iron Man. It's not as though marvel hasn't done this in the comics before. 

10 hours ago, Poxy said:

Many fans are upset he is not Romani !

rdj is a talented and versatile actor, he can pass for any ethnicity!

(or race - tropic-thunder-blackface.png?w=350 - for that matter)

• Haha 3

These movies suck lol

• Like 2

It's crazy how everyone is saying "Marvel is back" because of this one announcement and one well received/performing movie (Deadpool & Wolverine). The truth is Marvel has always been prominent in culture (especially since 2008). The question is CAN the MCU be collectively high in quality and find consistent success again? Because nostalgia bait with a beloved actor and an acclaimed movie from a already acclaimed franchise isn't going to cut it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Idc what y'all say, this is not predictable :toofunny2:  The fact that RDJ was bound to return for a film or a cameo was a given, but him being Dr Doom is insane :WAP: 

I wonder if it'll be a variant of Stark that turns into Dr Doom instead of Iron Man. Or just a Victor VD variant that happens to look like Tony Stark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

It's crazy how everyone is saying "Marvel is back" because of this one announcement and one well received/performing movie (Deadpool & Wolverine). The truth is Marvel has always been prominent in culture (especially since 2008). The question is CAN the MCU be collectively high in quality and find consistent success again? Because nostalgia bait with a beloved actor and an acclaimed movie from a already acclaimed franchise isn't going to cut it.

i mean, MCU still has a total of one 80+ Metascore, black panther...

the fans have never needed acclaim to support something

• Like 1

It's funny cuz I clearly remember when the multiverse saga started people wanted variants storylines of our Avengers being different characters in other universes. That was in 2020 even before wandavision, that's what people thought was gonna be how the Avengers plot would continue, and in a way this is exactly what thier doing. Our Avengers facing variants of our hero's. It's just no one expected Ironman to have a doom variant, but thematically I see where they are going. This is actually very comicbooky

• Like 1

• Like 1

:deadbanana2:It hasn't even been half a day. Holy crap

Cannot wait for Avengers 5 and 6.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The irony that the internet says they are tired of Multiversal movies and variants, but the most successful MCU movies since endgame all have Legacy multiverse characters returning :rip:

Tobey & Andrew, Hugh, and now RDJ. Look at the numbers. Multiverse of madness, No Way home, and Deadpool are gonna end up as the biggest Marvel movies since 2019. 🤷‍♀️ again, this trajectory has been happening. Of course they are gonna end the saga with the face of Marvel. Avengers Doomsday is doing 3 Billion. Bookmark me

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 1

is scarlet witch gonna be a part of this?

3 hours ago, bumpah said:

if they're smart she will be

6 hours ago, bumpah said:

she better be:wanda:

• Like 1

Robert Downey Jr's Post about being Dr. Doom just got 14 Million likes on his official IG account :jonny5:wtf

This is exactly why Marvel did this. It's gonna make noise and make the general public intrigue for the future of marvel. And it's working. 

• Like 1

The enormity of this casting is going over some people's heads. The multiverse provides an infinite number of possibilities.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.