Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

Why is so hard for some you to understand why britney would be upset about this?

They clearly didn't check with britney herself 

• Like 2

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

I say that this misdirected anger is ALL Katy's fault

One more reason to boycott her by the way

AAmTfLu.img_.gif?fit=480,245&ssl=1 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, ThousandMiles said:

everyone saying Britney making Halsey's experience with cancer about herself.

It's obvious Britney just doesn't realise the true meaning of the video you morons :ace:

I mean duh, she doesn't realize. That's the issue lmao -- it was insanely obvious the video was personal to Halsey so people are confused by the tone-deafness in this instance.

If any other artist was this tone deaf and publicly shat on someone like this after they had a personal moment it'd get huge criticism too. She actually gets relatively lots of passes for understandable circumstances but this was obviously distasteful and not thought through.

damn ma is it that serious

What is going on with Britney :deadbanana4:. The video is about Halsey's very own experiences, why did she have to insert herself like that?

31 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

someone should teach this woman basic interpretation skills :rip: at least do some research before going out of your way to make a big deal out of this. 

also the sample was authorized by britney herself. halsey wrote her a letter explaining why she wanted to use the song and why it was so special to her and britney allowed her so this is weird as hell bc i'm sure halsey mentioned her diseases in the letter. 

Did you read the letter boo?

spacer.png

And all of the people in this thread pretending like the connection wasn't obvious PLEASE LMAO

You're telling me not a single person in that crew made the connection between the song and the imagery? You lot are so guillable. I'm glad Halsey beat her cancer and I'm glad she's celebrating it, but lbr yes it is random and I totally understand why Britney took it the way she did. A simple heads up would have been totally appropriate, and if Britney doesn't want Halsey talking about her cancer because she feels blindsided, then she has every single right to feel that way as an artist?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

Halsey didn't intend any harm because she was singing about her own experiences. The head shaving line is about her battling cancer.  But she definitely should've told Britney her story and how it relates to Lucky to avoid any misunderstandings. Britney is handling it in the worst way, but that doesn't make her a bad person. The video triggered her.

• Like 1

Either way, Britney didn't write or produce Lucky and sure as hell doesn't own the rights to anything to do with the song's lyrics or melody, so even if Britney didn't approve of the sample and/or this song was in bad taste (it's not), I don't understand why she would bother inflating her legal fees even more than they already are

mFDr3vy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Obsession said:

I realize it's kind of annoying but you have to remember Britney is like someone who has had the whole world against her at one point and has been overmedicated. She doesn't see things the way a lot of us do because she's been in a position a lot of us have never and will never be in. She probably should do more research, but she's not mentally well and she's been put in a situation where mental health professionals have abused her, and likely doesn't trust them.

Hopefully, this can get worked out, but I don't think anyone meant any harm here and I don't think bashing either artist does anyone any favors. 

She can't just go and put people on blast. Overmedication and tragic fate or not, it's common decency.

Just now, Digitalism said:

Why is so hard for some you to understand why britney would be upset about this?

They clearly didn't check with britney herself 

They obviously checked with SOMEONE. If Britney's manager does things in her name without consulting with her, that's on her and not Halsey.

But I honestly think she did clear it and then decided to be offended because of some imaginary slight, just like she decided to harrass Selena for literal months over something she supposedly did at her wedding.

• Thanks 1

LMAOOO :deadbanana2:

• Haha 8

get that free promo ms Ashley

Just now, Crashed said:

No :deadbanana2:

Just now, Crashed said:

BRITNEY NOOO 

this is Rita Ora 100k level of response :deadbanana:

Just now, Crashed said:

oh its worse than we thought

mFDr3vy.gif

The way you can tell that Sony and Cade just called her and explained it :ahh: 

When she says "that was not me on the phone," she means replying to Halsey's stan message. And that is still beyond ****** up and weird af that Cade pretended to be Britney Spears while talking to Halsey.

1 minute ago, Crashed said:

Coward. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

She is such a mess I'm speechless :deadbanana4:

:suburban:

2 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

They obviously checked with SOMEONE. If Britney's manager does things in her name without consulting with her, that's on her and not Halsey.

But I honestly think she did clear it and then decided to be offended because of some imaginary slight, just like she decided to harrass Selena for literal months over something she supposedly did at her wedding.

I mean if she is Britney fan and knows what happens with her managment why would you trust anyone other than Britney's voice.

39 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Is the video that bad? I'm not watching a Halsey video in 2024.

For some reason this is still not getting me to watch it either

:suburban:

But brit :biblionny:delete!!! 

She is not well :dancehall:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.