Britney calls out Halsey, then retracts: "speaking with my lawyers" >> "fake news!"

ImpressMeMuch

Pathetic. What is she even talking about? She isnt even illustrated in the video. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhateverYouWant

• ImpressMeMuch

• kataraqueen

• Eternium

This is clearly some issue with Britney and her team, she really needs to clean house and get rid of Cade

I can understand Britney being blindsided by the video comparing them to her struggles, but this was not the way to go about it

hope they can discuss this privately and work it out, it's just a misunderstanding 

• Like 1

classic atrl coddling britney no matter what

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think Britney doesn't know all the particulars, and then with the video having Halsey shaving their head and the references to Everytime and LiLo's Rumors, she probably thinks it's Halsey mocking her when it's not. 

• Thanks 1

Not her trying to SUE

At least it will bring some publicity to Halsey again... I guess :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

She truly thinks the world revolves around her :rip:

• Like 8

Why does everyone hate Halsey? 

Well Britney obviously didn't actually watch the video :rip: 

i'm literally confused? :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Is the video that bad? I'm not watching a Halsey video in 2024.

I just watched it and it doesn't even reference Britney aside from a reimagined Toxic nude bodysuit. Other than that it seems very clearly about Halsey's childhood and adulthood battles with family & auto immune disease.. I kinda think Britney misinterpreted things here. I don't even know where she saw shallow characteristics in the video when it's very down to earth and vulnerable tbh.

• Thanks 1

Britney could have handled this matter privately with Halsey rather than blast her like that on social media. I'm sure she meant no harm.

Maybe she thinks Halsey being bald in the video is a reference to her 2007 episode. Once someone explains to her the true meaning behid the video I'm sure she will understand and clear things out. It's a shame she decided to issue that statement BEFORE doing that though :dancehall:

• Like 3

I'm guessing she didn't understand that the song/video is Halsey singing about herself through the lens of Britney as a popstar and maybe thought that she making stuff up about Britney

They probably should have communicated with her better that there will be head shaving and hospitals mentioned as this can apply to both Britney and Halsey :dies:

just watched the video. not sure what shes mad about? yea it uses y2k aesthetics and celebrity culture from that era but it's very obvious that it's about halseys own life

I just watched the video and... What the **** is wrong with that Halsey girl. :mazen: She's literally using Britney's trauma to tell "her" story. Gross.

• Thumbs Down 30

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

You ran to thread it, with sweaty palms and all. :chick3:

??? Babe it's a celebrity news site and this is news 

and my op is objective (but if you care I'm a Britney fan)

what a stupid comment lol

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Thumbs Down 1

I just watched the video, and while Halsey didn't mean no harm.

I definitely get why Britney took it personally. I mean the whole song samples HER song, and Halsey portrays herself as bald while also wearing what resembles a tributes to Britney's toxic outfit lmfao. It was a bit tone-deaf to me. :skull: Like Britney was constantly mocked her whole career for that public breakdown, and you pay tribute to her like that was kinda funny :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh that's not...

4 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

The funniest part is that she thinks she's not a superficial pop star

what makes you think Britney is a superficial pop star? i'm curious

2 minutes ago, Infatuation_Junkie said:

Why does everyone hate Halsey? 

She's too pop so alternatives despise her, she's too alternative so pop stans despise her too. Both sides say she's too pretentious :rip:

• Thanks 1

Wtf :rip: Couldn't she ask to listen/watch the MV before the release so none of this could happen? Why is she washing her own dirty linen in public?

Just now, NausAllien said:

Britney could have handled this matter privately with Halsey rather than blast her like that on social media. I'm sure she meant no harm.

or she could've just watched the video, which about halsey not her :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Mind you she's literally undergoing chemo in the video :biblio: Did she just stop the video when she took off the wig? Good luck with those lawyers you speak of :bibliahh:

Just now, Dolce Vita said:

just watched the video. not sure what shes mad about? yea it uses y2k aesthetics and celebrity culture from that era but it's very obvious that it's about halseys own life

She's literally singing about shaving her head with a Britney look, and a Britney melody/lyric. The ****?

• Thumbs Down 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.