Celine Dion performs "L'Hymne à l'amour" on Eiffel Tower at the Olympics

Nefertiti0

56 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

I'm a Céline stan y'all, but people are allowed to speculate whether the performance was lipped or not. No one is saying it would be bad if she had, we're assuming she did because it would be expected considering everything she's endured. Regardless, she recorded those vocals recently and sounds incredible. Having discussions like this are normal and they don't have to make you upset :heart2:

The vocals on the recording of the Olympics are at the same level as her 2015 live performance of that same song, almost 10 years ago, so she doesn't lose her voice like some are trying to say, she can still hits those high notes and sustain them with great projection. I'm very happy to hear her today voice and it didn't change at all since her break

Edited by MP3

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SoldierofLove

• Vrx.

• BrokenMachine

• MP3

Impeccable. I admire her so much. 

Amazing, once in a lifetime kind of performance. I don't care if it was lyped, Celine strong stage presence and emotional delivery were top notch.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

Exactly, who cares if it was pre-recorded. :rip: Most people do at these big ceremonies anyways, and Celine is one of THE greats. I just know Whitney is watching and seething from her corner of hell.

There was no need to bring in Whitney. 

• Thanks 2

Please put it on Spotify we need to stream it :clap3: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CottageHore said:

but people are allowed to speculate whether the performance was lipped or not. No one is saying it would be bad if she had, we're assuming she did because it would be expected considering everything she's endured. Regardless, she recorded those vocals recently and sounds incredible. Having discussions like this are normal and they don't have to make you upset :heart2:

No they are not because it is coming from a place of malicious intent. They are so accustomed to their untalented favorites who still sound off-key with lip syncing in performances so it comes across as very disrespectful and shameful. 

• Thanks 2

This was so beautiful! She's amazing! :heart:

Of course, it was lipped, these big events are very risky.

Whitney's US national anthem performance is iconic even though it was pre-recorded. And this one will become iconic as well.

No one questions Celine's vocal capacity, she's one of the best singers ever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, discosean said:

No they are not because it is coming from a place of malicious intent. They are so accustomed to their untalented favorites who still sound off-key with lip syncing in performances so it comes across as very disrespectful and shameful. 

Uh no, hun. That's how you're interpreting it for whatever reason. I'm a Céline stan through and through and asked myself "is she lipping this?". Because after watching in the documentary how she was crying in the studio because her voice wouldn't work, it's shocking to see how much her voice has recovered.

Whether you believe the intent to be "malicious" (that's dramatic lol) or not doesn't matter. People are allowed to speculate and ask questions and you have to learn to accept that. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with lip syncing over a pre-recorded track. Céline is almost 60, has been singing professionally for 35 years, and has a severe neurological disease that affects her ability to sing. She has more right than anyone to lip sync at this point. I'm more so concerned with why you'd expect her to sing live on the top of the Eiffel Tower and put herself at risk of having an episode just for your enjoyment. Sounds like selfish fan behavior to me ope :suburban:

Edited by CottageHore
  • Thumbs Down 2

Célord Dieu was the only saving grace for that dreadful shitshow :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

Célord Dieu was the only saving grace for that dreadful shitshow :clap3:

She, Gaga and that rockband :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Celine dion is a Queen. Period.

• Thanks 2

I haven't had a performance bring me to tears in quite a while :jonny5:

just incredible

• Like 1

She did amazing 

• Like 1

A true Legend, one of the greatest vocalists in history :clap3:

• Like 1

My Queen, my talented queen.

Will always love you forever :heart2:

• Like 1

There might have been a little Melodyne in her mic but this was LIVE! Celine was the only performer who sang live! 

Edited by MariahC

this is already one of the best comebacks of all time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rehearsal footage:

Looks like this confirms she was lip syncing. I think I can hear her singing over the recording a bit.

It doesn't take away from the actual performance though! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.