Celine Dion performs "L'Hymne à l'amour" on Eiffel Tower at the Olympics

Nefertiti0

Not that it matters like at all but was this 100% live? There's parts that look like it is and parts I wasn't sure.

either way she looks and sounds fantastic. I love her so much 🩵

Edited by Kwasi

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SoldierofLove

• Vrx.

• BrokenMachine

• MP3

9 minutes ago, Kwasi said:

Not that it matters like at all but was this 100% live? There's parts that look like it is and parts I wasn't sure.

either way she looks and sounds fantastic. I love her so much 🩵

Judging by the vibrato in her neck, I'd wager it wasnice.

Where did this myth that Celine Dion can no longer sing originate from? Even her off days she runs circles around 95% of all vocalists :rip:

AHHH CELINEEE THE LEGEND YOU AREEEEEEE :jonnycat:

I genuinely teared up watching her do this. A highlight of an already incredible and legendary career. She deserves this so much. :cries:

Not that it matters or would take anything away from this legendary moment even if she wasn't, but I believe she was singing live here. If she was lip-syncing, then it was an extremely impressive and convincing lip-sync because things like her vibrato or moving the mic away to control the volume were so on point and matched the recording so accurately, which is really difficult to do and make it look real for a song as difficult as this without giving it away. I just think it would've been easier and more natural for her to just sing it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Where did this myth that Celine Dion can no longer sing originate from? Even her off days she runs circles around 95% of all vocalists :rip:

She did lose her voice from stuff man syndrome.. so that's probably why.

4 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Did you watch her documentary? She was struggling to sing in it. 

She 100% lipsynced, it was easy to detect, but still did a great job :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 3

8 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

People took this clip for granted, but it was a bad day and also she was still trying to figure out which treatment could work best for her voice

At some interviews this year she sang some bits and showed how her voice got better from that point

2 minutes ago, Kwasi said:

She did lose her voice from stuff man syndrome.. so that's probably why.

Just now, SoldierofLove said:

Did you watch her documentary? She was struggling to sing in it. 

She definitely has lost her range as well as full control of her muscles, but even with limited range and muscle she still can sing circles around most artists. People are expecting her to sound the same but it's impossible at this point. With the limited range she does have though, it's still impressive. It's not like she's pulling a Katy Perry sized mess vocally. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BrokenMachine said:

People took this clip for granted, but it was a bad day and also she was still trying to figure out which treatment could work best for her voice

At some interviews this year she sang some bits and showed how her voice got better from that point

I mean I get this clip is referenced but she's sounded better and has trained herself to be as vocally agile as she can be with her disorder. The first page makes it sound like she's suddenly had her vocal cords removed when it's not the case, lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She did good. I feel really bad for her and she doesn't deserve Stiff Person Syndrome :rip:

It was obvious lipsyncing over pre-recorded vocals, but given all the variables (her health, the rain, a big live broadcasting moment) I don't mind it at all and was still an amazing and emotional performance. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Such a powerful moment.

I waited all afternoon just to see her and boy... it was such a small price for this majestic moment

2 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

I mean I get this clip is referenced but she's sounded better and has trained herself to be as vocally agile as she can be with her disorder. The first page makes it sound like she's suddenly had her vocal cords removed when it's not the case, lmao. 

Yeah, even in that clip she still sounds on key and the not-belted notes are fine. People just jump to conclusions too quick :gaycat6:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Just now, Vrx. said:

She definitely has lost her range as well as full control of her muscles, but even with limited range and muscle she still can sing circles around most artists. People are expecting her to sound the same but it's impossible at this point. With the limited range she does have though, it's still impressive. It's not like she's pulling a Katy Perry sized mess vocally. 

This is all true. Even the Katy shade :dies:

This performance was also impressive not just because of her voice, but all the triggers that are associated with SPS. 

She can clearly still sing, but to perform with so many possible triggers? So high up on the Eiffel Tower? Just wow.

• Like 1

She was 10/10 

The broadcast was a mess like the rest of the ceremony tho. 

Why would you make her sing on the Eifel tower if you're just going to do some ugly head shots where you can clearly see the ugly lights. On the other shots she looked so small you couldn't even see it was her singing

Something like the drone shot on Rih's SB would  have been great. Where you start with a close up and then you go back to wider shot of the Eifel tower. 

The only good shot is the one at the end were you can see the whole city and her from the back 

• Haha 1

LEGEND  :chick3:

14 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

Such a powerful moment.

I waited all afternoon just to see her and boy... it was such a small price for this majestic moment

That ceremony was so long. I can't believe I had it on for over three hours :deadbanana:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

She 100% lipsynced, it was easy to detect, but still did a great job :clap3:

Imagine declaring something with this much confidence while having zero hard knowledge :clap3:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

She was 10/10 

The broadcast was a mess like the rest of the ceremony tho. 

Why would you make her sing on the Eifel tower if you're just going to do some ugly head shots where you can clearly see the ugly lights. On the other shots she looked so small you couldn't even see it was her singing

Something like the drone shot on Rih's SB would  have been great. Where you start with a close up and then you go back to wider shot of the Eifel tower. 

The only good shot is the one at the end were you can see the whole city and her from the back 

It rained so much during the day that they couldn't use certain lights and cameras. Now shut up and enjoy Céline's legendary performance.

24 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Yeah, even in that clip she still sounds on key and the not-belted notes are fine. People just jump to conclusions too quick :gaycat6:

23 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

This is all true. Even the Katy shade :dies:

This performance was also impressive not just because of her voice, but all the triggers that are associated with SPS. 

She can clearly still sing, but to perform with so many possible triggers? So high up on the Eiffel Tower? Just wow.

She's still capable and I'm glad to see others think so. She may not be able to belt great heights, but her tone and lower register are still perfect. Even with so many factors the performance was beautiful and if any other living pop star were to do it, they would also receive acclaim. No need to degrade her abilities while complimenting her (not your posts) 

Edited by Vrx.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Legacy said:

It rained so much during the day that they couldn't use certain lights and cameras. Now shut up and enjoy Céline's legendary performance.

They knew it was going to rain for days now. That's no excuse for a show this big. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.