Mexico City: Killing trans people results in 70 yr sentence

SmittenCake

Haven't read any articles yet. Just going by the headlines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

in short, can someone explain how Latin America countries became so LGBT friendly despite having constant political chaos, high crime rates and poverty? (As typically LGBT tolerance is attributed to political stableness and high education) 

Great news, they better respect. :clap3:

12 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

in short, can someone explain how Latin America countries became so LGBT friendly despite having constant political chaos, high crime rates and poverty? (As typically LGBT tolerance is attributed to political stableness and high education) 

I don't think we are THAT lbgt friendly tbh, like, we have tons of progressive laws but when it comes to day-to-day life I think there's still tons of homophobia. Our laws might be on par with 1st world countries but I what you see in the streets is not, specially cause religion is still way too strong here.

• Like 7

Good on paper but in Mexico over 90% of murders are unsolved so...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Alongoria13 said:

So solve them

ezgif-1-31cc142f3e.thumb.gif.0745aa27580

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Яeo. said:

speak for a few... I'm originally from Panama and we are zero LGBT LGBT-friendly in terms of rights us despite being one of the most economically developed and safest countries in the region. 

• Like 1

:clap3:

Great. Now my sinking country better low the ongoing awful impunity

1 hour ago, Яeo. said:

I wouldn't call us that 'friendly', our politics and demographics are just THAT diverse and not that polarized yet like, let's say, the US

• Like 2

Thanks for passing on the headlines :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Alright fine FINE maybe the hellhole that is CDMX are that one thing :alexz3:

Excellent :clap3:

:clap3:

6 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

Thats why they need to change our judicial system.

Thank god Claudia and her party won the majority so they can execute Plan C. :clap3:

On 7/26/2024 at 9:04 AM, Яeo. said:

Huh? Latin American countries are not LGBT friendly and have a high rate of violence towards LGBT people, especially transgender people and effeminate gay men. You're confusing laws with actual practice. Inversely, laws are much stricter in Asia, but violence towards LGBT people is virtually unheard of in most parts of Asia. It's normal to see transgender people walk around in India or Thailand, but they have little to no legal protection.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.