Muni Long - 'Revenge'

TalkThatRihanna

Listened to the album earlier and it's good

The one with Glorilla needs to be the next single.

• Like 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sabandija

• KatyPrismSpirit

• 2ne1k

• theweekend

I feel the album is stronger when rooted in 00s sounds and Mariah-isms, I don't really love the more contemporary vibe of Bessie - Played Yourself - Leave My Baby Tonight. They're fine but I like the rest of the album much more.

30s and Type Questions give me strong Heaux Tales vibes and I love those. :jonny:

• Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 10:58 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Amazing interview. She's so funny too

I've really enjoyed the interview. I didn't know she was so talented. She knows exactly what she's doing. All the experience she's gathered through the years is really showing. Her journey kinda reminds me of Victoria Monet's. They both have been writing for other artists for years now. They've released some projects before and they're finally getting the recognition they deserve. Oh, and they both are grown women. I'm stanning hard now.

I wish she worked with Beyoncé, Kelly or Michelle. I think Muni would bring something special out of them.

Edited by Sabandija

This album is amazing omg I came in with low expectations tbh and she delivered and then some! She is a needed voice in R&B omg bless her :jamming: I hope she gets another hit off this because this great album deserves

• Like 3

this album is VERY weird lmao and it's a downgrade from her last effort. she really went dua lipaed delivering the best as singles before the album release and the material is mid to bad.

there are high HIGHS like ruined me, made for me, make me forget and superpowers. there are the mid-good songs like revenge, bessie and leave my baby tonight. and the rest is bad BAD, girl.

it's crazy she can deliver some timeless music with incredible vocal/mixing production and in this other songs she's sounding grating. I truly hope she can bag a bigger budget for her next project because the talent and the pen is there, but the team behind her is not delivering what she deserves.

anyways, ruined me is the best R&B song this year.

and superpowers NEEDS to be the next single. fantastic song for the fall. her final adlibs are incredible.

Edited by theweekend
  • Like 8

Type Questions needs to be the fall single

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

i think she can get 1 more good single outta this.

Yes, Superpowers. It is as clear as day.

• Like 1

I'm learning
None of you really don't deserve me
Not if all you want to do is hurt me
Know you gon' regret this looking back
I'm the baddest ***** you ever had
I'm learning
None of you really don't deserve me
Not if all you want to do is hurt me
Know you gon' regret this looking back
I'm the baddest ***** you ever had

she made this **** in different areas what the **** :jonny4:

• Like 1

30's hit a lil too close to home lol she didn't have to attack me like that :jonny3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Devin said:

One? I think there are many options on this album: Superpowers, Revenge, Leave My Baby Tonight or Type Questions.

Anyway, Ruined Me is a great song and she shoud promote it.

• Like 2

Superpowers or The Baddest seem like the obvious next single choices to me. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Devin said:

The Baddest is gaining the most streams currently so maybe that one. Its also my personal fav

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:58 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Amazing interview. She's so funny too

this was a really insightful interview about just industry things in general, never knew she ran her own record label! I rlly recommend fans to check this out if they have an hour to kill, she seems on top of it and I never knew she was naturally funny asf lol :clap3:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

this was a really insightful interview about just industry things in general, never knew she ran her own record label! I rlly recommend fans to check this out if they have an hour to kill, she seems on top of it and I never knew she was naturally funny asf lol :clap3:

who else but money long muni long? :clap3: the money is becoming long indeed

Kinda off-topic but her song Wax is one of my most played R&B songs :jonny5:it's so sensual

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Kinda off-topic but her song Wax is one of my most played R&B songs :jonny5:it's so sensual

I love Revenge so much that I want to get into her previous discography.

• Like 1

This album is SO good. I enjoyed PDA when it was just the first two EP's, never felt like it clicked as a complete album, but it was a smart move from her and Def Jam to rush release a proper debut. But this album really solidifies her as a hitmaker in her own right! I hope another single gains traction, she just needs a bit more clout online, hoping this wins a Grammy and she gets to perform there too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sabandija said:

I love Revenge so much that I want to get into her previous discography.

It's definitely worth getting into

--

Even tho her voice was practically gone here, she still gave everything she had where she could. So skilled and soulful. I need to see her live

Also, is June's Diary preparing to return? 3/5 have been Muni's backing vocals for a while. Muni even refers to them as June's Diary on stage.

• Like 1

Things I Never Said is my favorite new track. it's lush.

• Like 1

Not looking for REVENGE! :jonny5:Especially on someone I once considered a FRIEND! :jonny5: Right one it's 1 a.m, and I don't know where you've been :jonny5: or who you with :jonny5: but **** that BÏTCH! :jonny5:

• Like 1

Just realized she released Made For Me on the last elegible day for 2024 Grammys and submitted it already. :noparty: She would easily be the frontrunner for R&B Song and R&B Performance. Hopefully she sends the Mariah remix or the live version.

• Like 1

This album is honestly incredible? I really wasn't for some reason expecting to like it as much as I do. She has mastered the old school Rnb sound so effortlessly . A few songs definitely give Mariah tease .

I actually wish they they released it a bit earlier in the year as well as I think it might just miss out on being recognised for the Grammys next year.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.