Was "Flawless" by Beyoncé a cultural reset?

k4rmabutterfly

Was “Flawless” a cultural reset?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes, Flawless was a cultural reset
    • No, you're being delusional

I remember hearing it the song for the first time and being shocked by the way Chimamanda spoke about feminism. I knew the word feminism but I always related to something "bad", like women superiority or sumn, I was really young tho, like 12 :rip: but anyways I feel like this song exposed the modern concept of feminism to a lot of people, do you agree? I remember a lot of women becoming more interested in feminism after hearing the speech on the song. And obviously several pop girls took notes from Bey and made feminism a part of their brand, Taylor during 1989 being the biggest example, but also Ariana and Selena during 2014 / 15…

What do you think? Was Flawless a cultural reset? Am I being delusional?  Discuss.

Yes. She brought a whole new light and perspective to the word and suddenly everyone was jumping on the feminism train after that.

Her VMA performance is also a big part of it too.

Edited by Havoc
  • Like 2

Well, yes! 

She woke up like this

:gayoncecat3:

This was definitely a cultural reset. She had everyone writing "I woke up like this" in their instagram captions and using "flawless" as a hashtag. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, itshyolee said:

This was definitely a cultural reset. She had everyone writing "I woke up like this" in their instagram captions and using "flawless" as a hashtag. 

"I woke up like this" was certainly a cute viral moment, but I'm clearly talking about the feminist speech on the song and how much it has impacted women all over the world :gaycat4:

Yeah it was peak Beyonce culture 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.