Unmatched cultural impact

Sad Beautiful Tragic

Beyoncé's cultural impact remains unmatched due to her influence in music, fashion, and social justice. In music, she has redefined pop and R&B with albums like "Lemonade," which blend genres and tackle themes of identity, race, and feminism. In music, her innovative release strategies, such as surprise albums, and her visually stunning music videos have set new industry standards. In fashion, Beyoncé's collaborations with top designers and her own Ivy Park line make her a style icon, constantly inspiring global trends. On top of this, her activism amplifies her influence, as seen in her support for the BLM movement and her BeyGOOD Foundation, which focuses on disaster relief, education, and poverty alleviation. These contributions collectively cement her status as a cultural powerhouse, continuously shaping and reflecting societal changes. 

Is her cultural impact unmatched by her peers? 

Edited by Wonbin

Not matched by her peers, but Madonna who has no living peers will always be head and shoulders above Beyonce both in influence and activism. Even hospitals were refusing to treat patients with HIV when Madonna was supporting the cause, the stances Bey takes are amazing causes but they are calculated and widely supported outside of a vocal minority opposition. Madonna was/is truly polarizing.

Gaga also belongs in this convo but she's in a separate lane and not on a totally different level to Beyonce so it's hard to compare.

Edited by Sheep
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Wonbin said:

Is her cultural-impact unmatched by her peers? 

Is part of her cultural impact inserting hyphens where they don't belong? :suburban:

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Of course, who else has that many producers and songwriters calling out her fishy practices, kicking her "sisters" out of the group, that documentary on E! was so devastating to watch, even her album B Day anthology was removed from stores for disrespecting the original creators, those are milestones no other pop girl achieved.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

We measure impact here by costumes and wigs. Delete this. 

• Confused 1

tenor.gif

noone uses beyonce outside some regions in the usa and uk.  some people in brazil too i guess but she could never sell out tours (outside free festivals/concerts) there lets be honest.. the usa folks really think the world revolves around beyonce.. it really doesnt and posts like this are embarrassing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, terrijoe said:

tenor.gif

noone uses beyonce outside some regions in the usa and uk.  some people in brazil too i guess but she could never sell out tours (outside free festivals/concerts) there lets be honest.. the usa folks really think the world revolves around beyonce.. it really doesnt and posts like this are embarrassing.  

You can keep telling yourself this, but it won't make it true:heart:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Madonna, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga

Bey is in the top five with them though 

Madonna will always be undisputed pioneer in cultural impact. 

Gaga was on her route until she suffered through hip injury and lost her way with Artpop. 

Beyonce I would say is successor to Madonna and may be 2nd after M, but no one will ever touch Madonna's legacy. 

• Like 1

Madonna with Like A Virgin and Like A Prayer is unmatched 

• Like 2

Janet Jackson

Madonna

Cher

have more revolutionary impact on the music industry and women in music especially 

1 hour ago, Yawn said:

Brat

I see this everywhere so I tried to like it. Playing Apple as I speak

OT: MJ and Madonna forever the biggest but Beyonce is definitely up there too

If by cultural impact you mean steal from other artists and claim so sort of originality, then yes, she's very impactful at  doing that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.