Does current Beyoncé's pop culture impact rival peak Gaga's?

Lagerfeld

Beyoncé's impact is not even significant in my opinion, I guess it is in the US and she and her team have created this "queen" aura around her + plus she has a long career  but tbh Gaga at her peak had a bigger impact on pop culture than beyoncé ever did in her career. I'm not a fan of neither of them but it seems obvious 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Havoc

• cuteboyzay

• king_queen

• єѕℓαм

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even remotely close. Lady Gaga was insanely impactful during The Fame + Monster. That hasn't been replicated since.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baegalme said:

Beyoncé's impact is not even significant in my opinion, I guess it is in the US and she and her team have created this "queen" aura around her + plus she has a long career  but tbh Gaga at her peak had a bigger impact on pop culture than beyoncé ever did in her career. I'm not a fan of neither of them but it seems obvious 

A song by her was chosen to be the campaign song for the most important position a human can hold just minutes ago. But yeah, no impact whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Regressionance is a cheap copy of Chromatica (came right after chromatica was release) 

The gift (clowntrack) was released after ASIB (soundtrack) and we know which one was a SMASH.

clown carter is one of the worst releases ever. 

Lemonade (the album you call iconic) is being outstreamed by Judas alone. 

Can you clown the fckk down? 

What does any of this have to so with cultural impact?

Edited by Havoc

9 hours ago, Havoc said:

Beyonce has, is and always be more impactful than Gaga.

Kinda insane that this is a controversial statement! :biblio:

Edited by NausAllien

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Not even remotely close. Lady Gaga was insanely impactful during The Fame + Monster. That hasn't been replicated since.

And yet she is SUBSTANTIALLY less impactfuk than she was then.

Meanwhile Beyonce held to a much higher regard and more impactful than she was during her Sasha fierce days. 

I love both artists and there's no need to compare apples to oranges.

That being said, it isn't controversial to say that Gaga's ASIB campaign had way more impact than Renaissance, Cowboy Carter, or Beychella. The soundtrack smashed all over the world, she received accolades, she was everywhere. I don't feel like Bey has had a moment like that since Lemonade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, єѕℓαм said:

Maybe in the US

But the rest of the world NO

Honestly true but people often take offense to this. 

In Latin American countries barring Brazil, I'd argue that Gaga's music is still more well known by the GP than Beyonce's to this very day. 

Edited by Storm653
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Regressionance is a cheap copy of Chromatica (came right after chromatica was release) 

The gift (clowntrack) was released after ASIB (soundtrack) and we know which one was a SMASH.

At first I had the impression that you were one of the least intelligent posters on this site, now I truly believe it.

Edited by Pepo
  • Haha 3

Which songs on Chromatica sound like Virgos Groove, Cuff It, Heated, Move, Alien Superstar, I'm that girl etc?

10 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

:deadbanana2:

Which songs on Chromatica sound like Virgos Groove, Cuff It, Heated, Move, Alien Superstar, I'm that girl etc?

Just now, Havoc said:

Replay, Alice, Rain On Me, Babylon are all miles better than those songs like be serious :ahh: 

unique :isudumblmao:

yadada da boom boom kha kha :isudumblmao:

im that GWERL :isudumblmao:

Psychologically its something that i can't explain, Scratch my nails into the dirt to pull me out okay
Does it matter, does it matter? Damage is done

Turnin' up emotional faders
Keep repeating self-hating phrases
I have heard enough of these voices
Almost like I have no choice
This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again

The beehive feels so damn comfortable praising the sht that the NON SONG WRITER Sampleoncé has been releasing but Lady Gaga is a UNIQUE writer, can sing and has the better album. Never will someone with a high IQ praise Regressionance over Chromatica. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

"Beyonce has impact" is just a phrase. I have yet to see any tangible examples of said impact. Gaga wins by default.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kalmanta said:

A song by her was chosen to be the campaign song for the most important position a human can hold just minutes ago. But yeah, no impact whatsoever.

"the most important position a human can hold" maybe in the US (and again maybe) and that's what i stated. Her name is huge I guess but she never had the impact Gaga had on pop culture during her peak. 

I'm still tryna figure out if she ever had significant impatc on pop culture, I don't see it

57 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

"Beyonce has impact" is just a phrase. I have yet to see any tangible examples of said impact. Gaga wins by default.

I agree, I mean she's had a huge career and she's very respected in the music industry, but she's never had that much of an impact on pop music

1 hour ago, Funnyfatty said:

Replay, Alice, Rain On Me, Babylon are all miles better than those songs like be serious :ahh: 

unique :isudumblmao:

yadada da boom boom kha kha :isudumblmao:

im that GWERL :isudumblmao:

Psychologically its something that i can't explain, Scratch my nails into the dirt to pull me out okay
Does it matter, does it matter? Damage is done

Turnin' up emotional faders
Keep repeating self-hating phrases
I have heard enough of these voices
Almost like I have no choice
This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again

The beehive feels so damn comfortable praising the sht that the NON SONG WRITER Sampleoncé has been releasing but Lady Gaga is a UNIQUE writer, can sing and has the better album. Never will someone with a high IQ praise Regressionance over Chromatica. 

Blah blah, Yet Chromatica remains less acclaimed, less successful and less important than Renaissance.

• Thanks 1

Beyonce hasn't released a good song since B'day. She's been on a fast and predictable decline since leaving Destiny's Child. She functions way better in a girl group. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Le Grande said:

People pretend to like Beyonce, but no one listens to her music. They pretend not to like Gaga, but they listen to her music. One has it better than the other.

Renaissance : 3B (1 year, 11 months) 

Chromatica : 2.6B (4 years, 2 months) 

Renaissance : 4M sales (streaming units alone)

Chromatica : 3.8M sales

Cuff It : 4.4M (1 year, 11 months)

Rain On Me : 4.2M (4 years, 2 months)

Stupid Love : 1.7M

Cuff it : 35 WOC

Stupid Love + Rain On Me + Sour Candy : 32 WOC 

Cuff It (solo song) : 810M (1 year, 11 months) 

Rain On Me (ft. Ariana Grande) : 975M (4 years, 2 months)

Renaissance Tour : $579M

Chromatica Ball : $112M

One has it better than the other indeed :ryan3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

That's crazy bc Gaga certainly has

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, king_queen said:

That's crazy bc Gaga certainly has

What is this supposed to prove??? lmao It could literally be anyone playing on tv in that specific vulnerable moment of hers (if it ever even happened since Gags has a tendency to exaggerate :rip:) and she would still say the same. :rip:

6 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

What is this supposed to prove??? lmao It could literally be anyone playing on tv in that specific vulnerable moment of hers (if it ever even happened since Gags has a tendency to exaggerate :rip:) and she would still say the same. :rip:

It proves Beyoncé has impact gurl stay focused :sistrens:

Even though Beyoncé's a local artist, I'd say yes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.