Fearless (Taylor's Version) remains as Taylor's best re-recording. Agree?

KatyPrismSpirit

I'd say the production department truly elevated the re-recorded version of Fearless compared to the original version. It's also the re-recording with the best vocal performance from Taylor so far. Her matured vocals uplift the songs a lot as well. 

Bye Bye Baby is also one of her best vault tracks. Do you agree it's Taylor's best re-recording so far?

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 2

None of the re-recordings are actually good if we're being honest here.

The OG's will always be superior idc 

Edited by Josh
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Hmm. That vault is REALLY weak, like very much the weakest of the 4 TVs that are out.

But if you're strictly talking improvements to the original tracklist then I would probably agree with you. It had a lot more room for vocal and production improvements than Speak Now, Red, and 1989 did.

• Like 1

I would say yeah, because it gives new vocal, but that's it.

I kinda do. Not my favorite album of hers but the re-recording really elevated it. My fav vault remains Red

Just now, Josh said:

I'd make the argument that only 1989 (Taylor's Version) was severely botched compared to the original. During Fearless OG Taylor wasnt as skilled as a vocalist as she is now so I do definitely think the re-recorded songs sound elevated compared to the OG. Same goes for a lot of songs on Red TV (minus the ones Elvira produced)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think none of the rerecordings are bad if we're being honest here. The pop singles lost a bit of their aura, but most of the album cuts were elevated by less compressed production and stronger vocal performances.

I understand why people might prefer the OG's but I'm also not a fan of the narrative that the TV's are bad, when it's really just the biggest singles* that tend to suffer a downgrade.

*(Not even applicable to the country singles mind you — Back to December, Mean, Begin Again, and Love Story are perfect for example.)

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Hmm. That vault is REALLY weak, like very much the weakest of the 4 TVs that are out.

But if you're strictly talking improvements to the original tracklist then I would probably agree with you. It had a lot more room for vocal and production improvements than Speak Now, Red, and 1989 did.

Completely agree. Fearless TV is the best improvement compared to the OG, but the vault is really lackluster. Best vault is Red TV. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Mr. Perfectly Fine and Bye Bye Baby are cute gems. But yeah Red TV and Speak Now TV have better vault tracks. 

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I'd make the argument that only 1989 (Taylor's Version) was severely botched compared to the original. During Fearless OG Taylor wasnt as skilled as a vocalist as she is now so I do definitely think the re-recorded songs sound elevated compared to the OG. Same goes for a lot of songs on Red TV (minus the ones Elvira produced)

And even on 1989 TV there's several songs that are either just as good (Clean, You Are In Love, This Love) or straight up improved (Out Of The Woods, Wonderland, I Know Places). But the Style botch is kinda unforgivable. 

it kinda does have the best vaults + reflection on how mature she really sounded for this record. This re-recording benefitted from all the hype in being the first one & elevating what the original lacked in depth both musically and spiritually. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Klein said:

And even on 1989 TV there's several songs that are either just as good (Clean, You Are In Love, This Love) or straight up improved (Out Of The Woods, Wonderland, I Know Places). But the Style botch is kinda unforgivable. 

both Style and All You Had To Do Was Stay were unforgivable yes 😭 

The album overall is fine and I do use it but the vault tracks on 1989 were also kinda meh. Sounded too Midnights-ified

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

I agree that it has the best improvements in regards to the Original, but the vault is the weakest unfortunately (even though I love all the songs). Red is just a classic though, I fear :clap3:

In the end, the best re-record will end up being Debut anyway :clap3:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

both Style and All You Had To Do Was Stay were unforgivable yes 😭 

The album overall is fine and I do use it but the vault tracks on 1989 were also kinda meh. Sounded too Midnights-ified

I saw a video on twitter comparing productions on Style and New Romantics and I've decided those are the two most botched songs since the re-recording era started :suburban:

Edited by Dear Reader

They are all weak and a cheap strategy to get even more money from her fans while at the same time making numbers to brag about. 

• Thumbs Down 5

5 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I saw a video on twitter comparing productions on Style and New Romantics and I've decided those are the two most botched songs since the re-recording era started :suburban:

the one where they compare the synths, kick and snare? cause if you mean that video i agree 

:giraffe:

I mean, some of the songs sound better than the original recording. 1989 is probably the worst TV recording except I Wish You Would where her voice sounds so much better on that track:gaylorcat1:

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the one where they compare the synths, kick and snare? cause if you mean that video i agree 

:giraffe:

yes :gaycat7:

for some reason, my ear couldn't capture that but after I saw that I can't even argue anymore that at least those two are not the same and Max is just a god at producing music. 

I feel the same way about the production and vocal improvements. A serious upgrade over the original album.

I haven't heard Speak Now TV but the rest have been hit or miss for sure

Edited by tellem
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tellem said:

I feel the same way about the production and vocal improvements. A serious upgrade over the original album.

I haven't heard Speak Now TV but the rest have been hit or miss for sure

I Can See You from the vault is my favorite taylor vault track so far its on Speak Now TV.

The way I loved you and Forever & always got god level upgrades. So I agree:gaylorcat2:

The re-recording elevated the album to my top 5 to be honest, i'm obsessed with it

It would've been better if Nathan Chapman was able to come back as producer. He and Taylor were magic together. Fearless, Love Story, Tell Me Why, and You're Not Sorry OG are superior to the TV. 

Yes

I think Fearless TV wins by default though because that country man botched Red, Speak Now, and 1989 (:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:) so badly

Christopher Rowe can never be trusted with her catalog again but its cute he tried

But the OGs are still the best

Fearless TV production sounded repetitive to me tbh. I'd go with Speak Now followed by Red. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.