The best Final Fantasy is X. Why?

Symmetra

All these Final Fantasy fans and XIV is paid dust. XIV is like a love letter to the rest of the franchise! You guys would really enjoy it! :)

42 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Well lightning got 3 games including one solo FF game so you might want to update your definition of TABS. :sistrens:

That's like saying artists who release the most music are the best quality. As we've seen in recent mid and tortured times that's not necessarily the case. FFX is an iconic game and X-2 is low-key iconic and fun too, albeit a completely different style and game-type.

It really is the best one. But it was also my first one so the bias are strong. It's the game I've completed more times in my lifetime (including the annoying minigames). That storyline, those characters, the graphics (before HD remaster butchered them), the parallels between that fictitious society and ours... the whole atmosphere, it drags you in, it will swallow and spit you like a Sand Worm. :jonnycat: Best game of all time.

spacer.png

I stan Rikku so bad. :heart:

• Like 1

They took it off of ps plus so I never finished it :weeps:

48 minutes ago, Katamari said:

They took it off of ps plus so I never finished it :weeps:

It's worth paying for!

Best characters. 

Best story. 

Best use of summons (both in the storyline and in the battle system).

Best iteration of the turn-based battle system. 

Best critique of religion and politics. 

Best soundtrack. 

Best and most unique setting for a FF game. 

Revolutionary in so many ways — graphics + the extensive use of voice acting. 

And to top it all off, a sequel with sexy pop DIVAS with numerous reinventions. 

FFX is everything, and I mean everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

sexy pop DIVAS

FFX doesn't have Honey Bee Lovely.

2 hours ago, Tropical said:

That's like saying artists who release the most music are the best quality. As we've seen in recent mid and tortured times that's not necessarily the case. FFX is an iconic game and X-2 is low-key iconic and fun too, albeit a completely different style and game-type.

Well you are entitled to your wrong opinion. Lightning stays unbothered as the Queen of FF. 

What's the consensus on Lightning from Final Fantasy 13? | Page 4 | NeoGAF

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is that the one with Balthier and Fran? If so, I agree. :clap3:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Final Fantasy VI is effortlessly the best game in the entire series. The series ended with IX for me in a way, although I respect X.

(Sidenote, currently playing through FF1, and I really miss the simplicity that we had in the 8- and 16-bit eras.)

The only correct answer :clap3:

• Like 1

Massive spill, the best game of all time if we are being real. I've played it over 12 times in my life and I want to do it again soon. :clap3:

Final Fantasy 7 remains an overhyped fad as proven by Rebirth sales even after stunts like Tifa in the Italian senate!

Edited by Fevesy

13 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Final Fantasy VI is effortlessly the best game in the entire series. The series ended with IX for me in a way, although I respect X.

(Sidenote, currently playing through FF1, and I really miss the simplicity that we had in the 8- and 16-bit eras.)

VI really is the best :clap3: The fact that they were able to conceive such a well thought out story with a massive cast, each with their own backstory, and exciting gameplay for the SNES? Companies can barely deliver that type of game now with all the advancements made in tech and video games.

X *is* definitely still up there though and I have a lot of fond memories playing that game but VI? That will forever be my personal best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Decisions said:

VI really is the best :clap3: The fact that they were able to conceive such a well thought out story with a massive cast, each with their own backstory, and exciting gameplay for the SNES? Companies can barely deliver that type of game now with all the advancements made in tech and video games.

X *is* definitely still up there though and I have a lot of fond memories playing that game but VI? That will forever be my personal best.

X is very good, I agree. I just remember feeling so incredibly fulfilled when IX came out that I felt the series was done for me. That being said, I did play it and enjoy it (and X-II, the gayest game in the world) and the first Kingdom Hearts game. The characters in X are outstanding. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Fevesy said:

Massive spill, the best game of all time if we are being real. I've played it over 12 times in my life and I want to do it again soon. :clap3:

Final Fantasy 7 remains an overhyped fad as proven by Rebirth sales even after stunts like Tifa in the Italian senate!

The way the stans got real quiet after that smack on the head :dies:

And then Square got SO mad because they realized the FF7 hype was all fraudulent that they took away all the games from PS+ :dies:

And revealed FF16 met sales expectations as one more FU to the FF7 stans :dies:

XII outsold, I fear :WAP:

But X is definitely up there. 

i think that's a great thread to ask this:
I have played only one of the games, only for like an or two hours. I didn't like it, the graphics were too old so I gave up.
Do I need to play them in order? If not, which one is the best? Which one should I play?

17 minutes ago, drip drop said:

i think that's a great thread to ask this:
I have played only one of the games, only for like an or two hours. I didn't like it, the graphics were too old so I gave up.
Do I need to play them in order? If not, which one is the best? Which one should I play?

Each game is a universe of its own besides direct sequels like FFX-II so you can easily jump between them :smile:

The latest title that isn't a direct sequel is 2023's Final Fantasy 16, very story focused with epic battles. 

• Like 1

X is my video game of all time but I got into it during my nostalgia sweet spot (I was 10-12 years old the first time I played it) so I can acknowledge that it may not actually be the best. I play it at least every 3 years probably. I would say anyone trying to get into the series should definitely start with X if you don't mind dated graphics. I think 16 would be about the worst place to start since it's more action than RPG and doesn't play like any of the other games in the series 

8, 11, and 14 are the only ones I've never played. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.