What should Olivia serve with OR3?

burninredhot

Inspired by this thread

Alot of stans of other artists (like Billie, Sabrina etc) seem to think that she's over in this thread.

But on a more serious note what sound can/should Olivia serve with her 3rd album to gain back all the love she had during her debut era (like Billie did with HMHAS)

Should she drop the pop rock sound or dive deeper into it even tho her recent pop rock single "Obsessed" underperformed?

What are your thoughts?

Edited by burninredhot

NewJeans collab

Bubblegum pop

More Dan

90s aesthetics 

NO PURPLE

Maybe Max Martin on a few tracks

Well first of all she should stop recycling her aesthetic, I dont want another purple album cover :suburban:

pop rock sound fits her but I think what matters here are the lyrics, Guts felt like a continuation for Sour which was underwhelming. She needs to talk about other things in life.

• Thumbs Down 1

OR3 will be a new wave love album full of songs like So American :alexz:

• Like 1

All she needs is to stop using the color purple and she will be fine. 

10 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

Should she drop the pop rock sound or dive deeper into it even tho her recent pop rock single "Obsessed" underperformed?

honestly i just think she's a bit overexposed, it was her fifth chart single in about nine months

the pop punk/new wave type bops were far and away the best songs on both guts and spilled. i think she should continue with some sort of upbeat pop rock sound tho it never hurts to change things up a bit, there' no point just doing exactly the same thing

Grunge album in the vein of Live Through This

• Like 2

I want her to do another 4-letter purple-themed album before switching it up. A trilogy feels more powerful than a diptych, and I don't think she's ready to fully switch it up or that it would do anything for her right now.

• Like 3

She needs to mature her sound and image. I think she should still stick to her pop rock sound but just make it more mature and better story telling. I am aware she been in contact with a lot rock legends and they all seem too love her. Jack white and Billy Armstrong are good examples of this. Billy has said in an interview he would happy to volunteer  to executive produce Olivia next album. I also heard she seems interested in exploring no doubt type of sound at some point. I actually think it would be smart of her to work these legends or there teams to assist her with maturing her sound and image. I like the idea Olivia becoming the new generations cool rocker chick like Gwen Stefani was for so long in the 90s and early 2000s.

imagen if Olivia new single she debuts a new look and badass aesthetic with platinum blonde hair. This type of sound.

I could see her pivoting to a more folksy/acoustic sound instead of doubling down on the pop rock shtick. I truly believe her ballads and midtempos (drivers license, deja vu, traitor) are her strength and those type of songs tend to resonate more with people. And hopefully she'll switch up the aesthetics cause serving the same photoshoot for 3 albums in a row wouldn't be smart

• Like 1

The Best Damn Thing (2020s Version) produced by Max Martin /hj

more songs like Deja Vu and less like Get Him Back :rip: 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

I could see her pivoting to a more folksy/acoustic sound instead of doubling down on the pop rock shtick. I truly believe her ballads and midtempos (drivers license, deja vu, traitor) are her strength and those type of songs tend to resonate more with people. And hopefully she'll switch up the aesthetics cause serving the same photoshoot for 3 albums in a row wouldn't be smart

amen

No more purple, and maybe psychedelic rock.

She should change the purple aesthetic and maybe dye her hair or something.

I'd like something in the vein of Garbage's I Think I'm Paranoid or Annie Lennox's Walking on Broken Glass.

hopefully she goes full BRAT

but in purple,

thecolorpurple.png

You can always count on ATRL to give music advices like 'stop using purple color' and 'change your hair' 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Kern said:

You can always count on ATRL to give music advices like 'stop using purple color' and 'change your hair' 

she should change her hair color to purple :cm:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kern said:

Just @ me bruh

I want GUTS 2.0

Album of the decade :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She should stop trying to rehash G4U

make music that doesn't sound like a disney channel soundtrack 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.