What if Dua released "Angel Of My Dreams" instead of "Houdini"?

KatyPrismSpirit

Would DL3 have been more successful?

It's a radically optimistic world and we're lucky to be living in it!

It doesn't suit her voice

No. Houdini is one of the best lead of all time. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

She doesn't have the range

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

Angel Of My Dreams is SO not Dua Lipa at all that it makes it hard to answer your question. 

I did notice that what Jade did with Angels What My Dreams was what Camila somewhat tried to do with I Luv It tho. Maybe that's a better comparison. 

Not the song/MV, but the audience reach. Camila wanted the Brat-Twitter-Etc people that loved Jade's single. 

1 minute ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

No. Houdini is one of the best lead of all time. 

it's phenomenal but it doesn't really have a storyline. it would be interesting to see dua make a song about how fame impacted her like Jade did on this track. Especially after the whirlwind of success she had with FN.

Dua and JADE's voices are too unique, it wouldn't work. both tracks were perfectly created for each one.

Can't really imagine her on it, and also it wouldn't make all that much sense coming from her. I do wish she'd been that sonically adventurous when making the album though. I remember expecting all sorts of sonic experimentation when I saw Danny Harle was going to be involved.

well then she wouldn't have released the masterpiece that is goddini

• Thanks 1

Just now, RideOrDie said:

well then she wouldn't have released the masterpiece that is goddini

this

angel of my dreams is not meant for dua. simple as that.

She'd have been considered much less of a flop artist than she is. 

I don't think it fits Dua's singing style 

Artists are different on how they create their art, releasing AOMD would immediately brand dua as a flop (even though the song is good), meanwhile JADE is a new solo artist who is showing off her idea of pop music which sounds amazing..

Houdini fits Dua more, and AOMD is just a snippet of what's to come from JADE. They are different and it's okay. 

How are y'all saying you can't hear Dua on it omg. When I heard the "But it feels niceeee, In the spotlighttttt" part I instantly got reminded of Dua :rip:

I would have unstanned. I like Houdini, one of her best songs.

• Like 1

Houdini is a better song, but an awful lead choice. The amount of money they wasted promoting it is hysterical.

Houdini is a good song, but I can see why it didn't do well. I kinda think what she should've done is bought a demo off Raye's scrapped dance album, cos they were bops with more of a deeper lyrical content.

Edited by glitch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.