Coldplay, Little Simz, Burna Boy, Elyanna & TINI - "We Pray"

Blue.

spacer.png
WP_ALL_PS_VINYLEX.png?v=1723056525&width
WP_ALL_PS_CDEX.png?v=1723056514&width=71

Black 12'' vinyl and eco CD include alternate renditions: solo versions of the song by Tini and Elyanna, and exclusive Glastonbury live cut.

Tracklisting:

1.⁠ ⁠WE PRAY

2.⁠ ⁠WE PRAY (TINI Version)

3.⁠ ⁠WE PRAY (Elyanna Version)

4.⁠ ⁠WE PRAY (? Version)

5.⁠ ⁠WE PRAY Live at Glastonbury 2024*

* Exclusive to CD / 12"

Bundle - https://ukstore.coldplay.com/products/we-pray-vinyl-cd-bundle
Vinyl - https://usstore.coldplay.com/products/we-pray-recycled-vinyl
CD - https://usstore.coldplay.com/products/we-pray-ecocd

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gustavothehuman

• laqqinq

• PYT

• Luckitty

They kinda lost it…

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 10:17 PM, laqqinq said:

HitsDD confirmed that the Tini solo comes on DSPs on 6/9 and the Elyanna one on 20/9

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=342280

Apparently, these aren't solo versions. Burna Boy and Little Simz are present on the version released, while Tini and Elyanna have backing vocals for a few seconds.

The versions to be released in September will feature Tini and Elyanna as guest vocalists (on their own renditions) and no other collaborators.

Ohh the talent on this one :jonnycat:

I was afraid the whole production would sound like the beginning, happy to be proven wrong. The live version is still superior but that can be said about pretty much every Coldplay song :celestial5:

Edited by gustavothehuman

On 8/21/2024 at 10:47 AM, laqqinq said:

HitsDD confirmed that the Tini solo comes on DSPs on 6/9 and the Elyanna one on 20/9

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=342280

4 hours ago, laqqinq said:

Apparently, these aren't solo versions. Burna Boy and Little Simz are present on the version released, while Tini and Elyanna have backing vocals for a few seconds.

The versions to be released in September will feature Tini and Elyanna as guest vocalists (on their own renditions) and no other collaborators.

I was about to ask... where's TINI? :fish2:

but this makes sense. I assume TINI will be singing in Spanish.

OT: This is good! Very moody in a good way, which is a bit refreshing since a lot of their music lately feels like rainbows in music form (not a drag btw). The single cover is horrible thouugh. 

• Like 1

The fans have had enough. They're getting criticism on Instagram for these basic ass songs now lol. Please be more creative, Coldplay. 

Edited by Mariah4life

36 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

The fans have had enough. They're getting criticism on Instagram for these basic ass songs now lol. Please be more creative, Coldplay. 

Those are the same people who went crickets when the band released their most experimental album ever back in 2019, they just want to complain really :rip:

• Haha 1

if this charts on US and/or global spotify she's gonna become the first arab artist to do it :jonny5: (not counting diaspora arabs like shakira, jade, queen naija, french montana, bazzi etc)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckitty said:

if this charts on US and/or global spotify she's gonna become the first arab artist to do it :jonny5: (not counting diaspora arabs like shakira, jade, queen naija, french montana, bazzi etc)

I think it's safe to assume it will chart on Global Spotify. Not sure about the US though.

This is the best thing they've released in years. :clap3:

• Like 1

It's great but it's missing those amazing Elyanna vocals on the final chorus like at the glasto performance :monkey:

Sounds like something they would play during football re-runs. Or a Nike commercial. :rip: 

I really enjoyed the snippet and I'm still puzzled by how they made it seem like a solo and it sounded really nice. Listening to the final product I was pretty underwhelmed. The features are worlds apart and there's a constant disconnect throughout the entire song 

a bop  :clap3:

16 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

It's great but it's missing those amazing Elyanna vocals on the final chorus like at the glasto performance :monkey:

There will be a version with Elyanna verses and more prominent backing vocals released on September 20th :gaycat:

9 hours ago, Luckitty said:

will this be sent to radio?

I saw it was sent to Italian and British radios, nothing on America so far though.

• Thanks 2

The Spotify debut was a bit underwhelming, but Moon Music is their worst era in terms of building hype and investing on promotion to be honest, which is infuriating to me because I loved everything we heard so far :rip:

Edited by gustavothehuman

It did not debut on the US chart but on multiple European and Asian charts on Spotify.

Day 1 — 1.95M (filtered)

Tini's Spanish verse(s) on her version of the song. Already out on vinyl and ecoCD. On streaming September 6.

Are they gonna release one more single before the album drops? What happened to that rumored Camila collab?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.