UK: Espresso #1, Woman's World #47

B-Luke

Wtf it went top 50? I expected it to not chart at all

wow what a Top 50 smash hit... for a throwback act, this is amazing x

Isn't #47 a bit high considering it was out of the top 200 after only a day? :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

The UK is thee place for older pop star comebacks / dance pop to do well that I actually thought she had a chance at a Top 10 with physical sales and strong airplay (it ended up having one of the fastest rises on the airplay chart of the year)…

Only to debut out of the Top 40 like her ignored droplet era and only two spots higher than When I'm Gone :rip: the writing was on the wall after the first day streaming numbers but still. A disaster.

25 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Isn't #47 a bit high considering it was out of the top 200 after only a day? :rip:

Considering a lot of songs above it were on ACR (halved streams) it's not that shocking. She also had that remix EP bolstering a little bit and the CDs and 7" vinyl.

Speaking of ACR, this was Espresso's last week at #1 cause of it, Cruel Summer, LUNCH and CHIHIRO have hit ACR this week as well.

Edited by Popboi.
  • Like 2

A MEGA BOMB.

pvP1vyt.gif

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NMG19 said:

It's thanks to physical sales, they need to discount it with free delivery to go in the top 10 next week.

No amount of physicals would make her go top 10 next week, if anything doing that would save her from dropping out of the top 100 entirely :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, wish said:

Radio payola + pure sales helped her snatch a top 50 peak in one country, at least! :suburban:

Radio doesn't count in the UK

11 minutes ago, Jessie said:

The UK is thee place for older pop star comebacks / dance pop to do well that I actually thought she had a chance at a Top 10 with physical sales and strong airplay (it ended up having one of the fastest rises on the airplay chart of the year)…

Only to debut out of the Top 40 like her ignored droplet era and only two spots higher than When I'm Gone :rip: the writing was on the wall after the first day streaming numbers but still. A disaster.

Airplay doesnt actually count for the chart though. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Congrats Sabrina, so proud of her becoming a global act :clap3:(even though it means I won't get front for her concerts anymore for less than $100)

:bibliahh:@ that SA apologist, what a loser :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Just now, Yes, AND said:

Airplay doesnt actually count for the chart though. 

But this is the most support a Katy comeback will ever get and it should indicate expectations for a decent chart placement. That it couldn't drive the song up the charts even into the lower regions of the Top 40 / any higher than one of her throwaway droplet releases when she was at her commercial lowest should send alarm bells. 

3 minutes ago, Jessie said:

But this is the most support a Katy comeback will ever get and it should indicate expectations for a decent chart placement. That it couldn't drive the song up the charts even into the lower regions of the Top 40 / any higher than one of her throwaway droplet releases when she was at her commercial lowest should send alarm bells. 

Gurl don't act as if you dont know how the charts work/ she had no support on spotify, streams are tragic, this did well to get to 47

• Thumbs Down 1

Honestly, I expected less, so it's a win

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yes, AND said:

Gurl don't act as if you dont know how the charts work/ she had no support on spotify, streams are tragic, this did well to get to 47

Good, she doesn't deserve any :coffee2:

And no, this didn't "do well", when you're out of the top 200 after only a day it's a mega bomb no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. And Katy isn't an underdog in any way :coffee2:

35 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Good, she doesn't deserve any :coffee2:

And no, this didn't "do well", when you're out of the top 200 after only a day it's a mega bomb no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. And Katy isn't an underdog in any way :coffee2:

A top 50 solo hit in the UK in the third decade of her career. AMAZING ! 

She is practically independent at this stage, no promo once the song dropped. 

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Considering a lot of songs above it were on ACR (halved streams) it's not that shocking. She also had that remix EP bolstering a little bit and the CDs and 7" vinyl.

Speaking of ACR, this was Espresso's last week at #1 cause of it, Cruel Summer, LUNCH and CHIHIRO have hit ACR this week as well.

That means Birds of a feather has a chances for the #1???  :jonnycat: It's #2 on spotify

Unless PPP returns to #1

4 minutes ago, Green said:

That means Birds of a feather has a chances for the #1???  :jonnycat: It's #2 on spotify

Unless PPP returns to #1

It could go to either one of them, PPP is higher on Apple Music, YouTube and iTunes and this week had a 8k gap with BOAF.

35 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

A top 50 solo hit in the UK in the third decade of her career. AMAZING ! 

She is practically independent at this stage, no promo once the song dropped. 

You must be trolling

• Like 1

Not Daisies outselling this :deadbanana2:

#42. Make Me 

C4poiHgWEAUo307.jpg

• Like 1

#47, not bad an artist who has recently gone on the indie route :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.