Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

Just in time for my holiday yesss

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

Oh wow... why wasn't this the lead single. 

Jesus, Katy.

official finally! bring the bop!

2 hours ago, chriswouldman said:

LFG!!!!!!!!!!

The single cover should NOT have text!! It should be textless like the "Woman's World" one.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's a nice song but it's not unique to Katy. It could be sung by anyone. It's not going to make people want to buy the album 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, MadMax12 said:

It's a nice song but it's not unique to Katy. It could be sung by anyone. It's not going to make people want to buy the album 

This isn't produced by the same dude is it? Wasn't that the whole reason for the bad reception to WW? Maybe she should've released something without him on the credits to help her image out a bit

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I hope Katy's team books the Howard Stern Show in September for the album launch promo.

She first did his show for her debut era. A long length in-depth interview with Howard could earn her more favor in the public eye.

• Like 2

Give us a futuristic, cyborg-like video of just beauty shots and glossy scenery please 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MadMax12 said:

Imo, this one feels totally hers - especially how she sings "life." Gives me The One That Got Away vibes. But idk maybe that's just how I'm hearing it lol:flower:

• Like 2

I think this is definitely the best single she could've released as the WW follow up (something kinda generic and not too polarizing like say gimme gimme or IHHM could be) 

I do think she should've released the song this week and the video the next. I also think tacking on nirvana is a good idea. Gives her more of a chance for a runaway hit like with heartless / blinding lights 

Edited by gay interrupted
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LikeAChampion said:

What will happen if this doesn't make some noise? 

No noise is better than making noise for all the wrong reasons possible.
First win of the 143 era is coming!

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

This isn't produced by the same dude is it? Wasn't that the whole reason for the bad reception to WW? Maybe she should've released something without him on the credits to help her image out a bit

Yeah Dr Luke produced this and the whole album. Normally this is a song that would do well, but it'll be interesting to see if the GP reject it just for the names Katy and Luke 

• Like 1

This would have been a better choice as lead single (or Nirvana). Lets pretend that WW never existed!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LikeAChampion said:

What will happen if this doesn't make some noise? 

They'll cancel the album and melt the vinyl for Billie Eilish's next album.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Vaughn Oliver

Which songs did he produce?

I don't mind if this flops tbh, WW is horrible at least this is a generic bop. It will be on my playlists.

• Confused 1

kinda living for this? I'm finally feeling confident about this

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

I hope Katy's team books the Howard Stern Show in September for the album launch promo.

She first did his show for her debut era. A long length in-depth interview with Howard could earn her more favor in the public eye.

Howard Stern is bottom of the barrel sexist garbage. He already had less clout in 2008 than he had in the 90's and he is completely irrelevant by now. But even if he wasn't, none of our girls should go anywhere near him. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

That man is a disgusting misogynist, her first interview with him was painful to watch with how he was treating her like an object. Why would you want her to go on his  show?

It's funny how this thread reached 50 pages and then finally the official announcement came :dies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beach songs are her genre (TD, HIH) so excited for that 

• Like 3

This sounds really good

what does Nirvana sound like compared to this?

6 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

Yeah Dr Luke produced this and the whole album. Normally this is a song that would do well, but it'll be interesting to see if the GP reject it just for the names Katy and Luke 

Dr. Luke never produced the entirety of her albums. The most was Prism. Also, isn't Stargate and Max Martin confirmed on the album too? Has Stargate ever co-produced a song with Dr. Luke? Is Max Martin back to working with Dr. Luke too? 

If so, I wonder if everyone is gonna hate them with the same energy...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

In 2015, in Europe. 

IMG_9723.thumb.gif.2c78f23ecdd2d4a3538faf4c8e57af46.gif

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.