Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Truth Teller said:

None of this would be happening if you had streamed Daisies and When I'm Gone

:clack:

tbh :gaycat7:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

This is awful omg, another bomb is coming :bibliahh:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

She's moving on that quickly?? When is this coming :lakitu:

Y'all back to discussing the same ol'? Chile. Boring.

Okay, @ me when the justice warriors leave the thread :ahh:

It sounds like a bop. The entire album is made by him. Them screaming at the same 5 Kats won't change anything. I already streamed Woman's World more than one thousand times and this might be even better. :bird:

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

I'm just thankful there's no AI leaks about this, that was annoying

• Haha 1

this was the only snippet i liked so im glad she chose this song to be the first single of the album

we will be monitoring and celebrating the Norway update again :clap3:

• Haha 11

6 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

Do you think Katy is actually reading your essays on here?

Do you think she's reading yours? Do you think those hours spent furiously googling "Ethel Cain Dr. Luke label contract", "what is a publishing company," "Dr. Luke and Kesha court case" etc. to try and either convince one's self or other that somehow this isn't gross is worth it for your fellow stans doing it?

You can't convince anyone that somehow it takes time and energy to be disgusted by rape apologia while yourself seemingly exerting so much time and so much energy deeply upset and trying to contain people expressing said disgust or upset. 

Again, you're suffering because of Katy. Her doing this and cause you to be upset has nothing to do with me or anyone else who make relevant, on topic discussion. If you can't bare that, you simply have the option of not reading. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sounds good tbh! Lets see...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

I don't see the point in the endless back and forth "discussion." Neither side is going to convince the other. We have had 1,000,000 threads about Dr. Luke. Nothing new will come up, unless Katy actually makes a statement and decides to talk about and explain herself. 

Kats, we don't have to defend Katy. We are not her lawyer, she can defend herself. We still enjoy the music and be excited. 

Others, I don't you're being the super advocates you may think you are. Katy and Dr. Luke aren't going to be reading this. Youre not yelling at an abuser. You're just yelling at people who like the music of the person who worked with the abuser.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Do you think she's reading yours?

That's the difference though: We don't care. We just want to share our excitement for the music. Simple as that

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Buzzcutseason said:

:heart:

The narrative ATRL is painting that she is a mess and freaking out over the hate meanwhile….

:celestial:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Eh. Majority of Kats aren't just listening to music of their fave artist, they're actively supporting a rapist and attacking his victim. You all deserve lashings for that. 

Miss me with the "just leave it alone" crap. You're only saying that because it's Katy who's bombing. 

We aren't a monolith. But I would say a majority of Kats I see aren't bashing Kesha as a person or calling her a liar or even defending Dr. Luke (the most I usually see is "innocent until proven guilt" - I would hardly call that a defense.) I see a lot of Kats comment about Joyride but usually people are bringing that up first. 

Some Kats are getting defensive. It's hard to blame them, when it's thread after thread and petty antics (like changing the banner to Cher). A lot of responses are a mix of genuine support for Kesha and disgust of Dr. Luke, but there's also a lot of pure hatred of Katy that goes WAY BACK from before this whole Dr. Luke fiasco. Don't confuse harted for Katy for support for Kesha. This is just ammunition for haters. If it was the other way around, like other popular artists working for Dr. Luke you would see their stans defend the music. I 100% believe that. 

I admit there are some Kats that make me roll my eyes or even disgust me. There's are few and far between, and I see worse on Twitter than here. I don't speak for them, and they don't speak for me or Katy.

• Thanks 7

eh...this is not good either

15 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

We don't care. We just want to share our excitement for the music.

If this was true, you'd sit back and let people share their disappointment in silence. 

• Thanks 4

it's not sonically horrendous like WW is... but it's a tad basic. i still wouldn't be surprised if it does better than WW

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

If this was true, you'd sit back and let people share their disappointment in silence. 

Yeah, I guess you're right. Sitting back and letting haters completely hijack threads that aren't even aimed at them is technically the logical thing to do... :michael:

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Honestly, this is right.

Did Bebe Rexha write this? Serious question

Yes, this song is produced by Dr. Luke and as you can see a lot of the kcs move on from that, no matter how many essays you have the urge to write in every thread we really dgaf, if you don't like it, don't listen to it, if you don't want to support it, don't support It.

I'm not even reading those long a** paragraphs that communion user is writing but imagine how tired we are that user putting the same s**t over and over again. 

Edited by manuelalex9810
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, starsailor said:

babe, the whole album is produced by him lol. She has no choice!

And the max martin,  stargate songs  :gaycat2:

Katy Perry is one of the most gifted pop artists of all time. How is it a bad thing that she's releasing more music? I can't follow that ... You can go on Spotify and just skip it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Yes, this song is produced by Dr. Luke and as you can see a lot of the kcs move on from that, no matter how many essays you have the urge to write in every thread we really dgaf, if you don't like it, don't listen to it, if you don't want to support it, don't support It.

I'm not even reading those long a** paragraphs that communion user is writing but imagine how tired we are that user putting the same s**t over and over again. 

Yeah I decided to just put them on Ignore mode and I feel like everybody in here should consider the same. They know their "upset" at Dr. Luke is being purposely misdirected at casual Katy listeners and Katy fans. We literally said on multiple occasions we don't even want Dr. Luke associated with her but they just keep going.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.