Katy Perry - "Lifetimes"

chriswouldman
Element
Message added by Element,

Please keep discussion in this thread focused on the song. Discussions about Katy Perry's larger scale career/choices, and other artists should NOT be done here. There are plenty of other places to do so on ATRL. Thank you!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Tistotal

This song seems like it'd be ×10 better without the club beat and rather a mid tempo one. Dr Luke really sucks *** :rip:

This is produced by Dr. Luke? WHYYYYYYY. If he produced the entire album I am done. 

• Like 1

This already sounds a lot better than Woman's World even if it's a little basic/faceless. Might score her a semi-hit in Europe.

• Like 1

Producer: Dr. Luke.

Girl...

4.gif

2 hours ago, Green said:

Exactly. Katy and Kim get the drags with current flops that no one cares about but Doja, Lil Durk and Latto are the ones giving him hits and Grammy nominations this decade :dies: 

Kim I kind of got. Didn't she outright say Kesha lied? I feel like that's a bridge too far. Working with someone is one thing, calling a victim liar is another.

But even then, I can separate the artist from the art. 

*enough* gif

my god this is even more uninspired than 'women's world'

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Why do you want to have this discussion every single day?

It's literally the next single. 

The conversation is going to include people upset she is willingly making a NEW choice to have yet another Luke single. 

Just like when the credits come out and people see just how much he is on it. You'll have to bare and read that conversation too. And no one else caused that but Katy. 

I await to have your endorsement to thread ban anyone who seemingly can't discuss Katy without needlessly bringing up random artists:

https://atrl.net/search/?&q=Ethel&quick=1&author=Stunnah&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Because it's ridiculous that any concern or disappointment in a Katy Perry thread for her new Dr. Luke produced Katy Perry single is met with being mass quoted with personal insults and factually incorrect research someone has speedily done about an unrelated artist to try and defend Dr. Luke from criticism. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 8

2 hours ago, Green said:

Exactly. Katy and Kim get the drags with current flops that no one cares about but Doja, Lil Durk and Latto are the ones giving him hits and Grammy nominations this decade :dies: 

Do y'all not understand that "others are doing it too" is not a valid defense? Katy is an established artist who is choosing to work with him. Kim actively defends and supports him. Doja came out against him and idk who the other two are. 

anyways, this song is infinitely better than WW, but that's not saying much. Another Luke song means she has learned nothing. :ahh:

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's literally the next single. 

The conversation is going to include people upset she is willingly making a NEW choice to have yet another Luke single. 

Just like when the credits come out and people see just how much he is on it. You'll have to bare and read that conversation too. And no one else caused that but Katy. 

I await to have your endorsement to thread ban anyone who seemingly can't discuss Katy without needlessly bringing up random artists:

https://atrl.net/search/?&q=Ethel&quick=1&author=Stunnah&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

My favourite part of the song is for the extended 'for life' bit at the end. What's yours? 

• Haha 8

What is she doing? This is so bland and uninspired. :ace:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, theweekend said:

Producer: Dr. Luke

she really wants to bury herself this era... there's no way

Your fave do sure know how to do that even without working with controversial producer huh ?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't see the point in the endless back and forth "discussion." Neither side is going to convince the other. We have had 1,000,000 threads about Dr. Luke. Nothing new will come up, unless Katy actually makes a statement and decides to talk about and explain herself. 

Kats, we don't have to defend Katy. We are not her lawyer, she can defend herself. We still enjoy the music and be excited. 

Others, I don't you're being the super advocates you may think you are. Katy and Dr. Luke aren't going to be reading this. Youre not yelling at an abuser. You're just yelling at people who like the music of the person who worked with the abuser.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

7 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Some fans have suggested he could be purposely sabotaging Katy for not working with him on the two previous albums. Knowing Puke's character, I believe it.

KatyCats need to let go of this "Dr. Luke sabotage my fave" conspiracy and accept that Luke is not that good of a producer that they make him out to be :priceless:

Just now, Ramcoro said:

I don't see the point in the endless back and forth "discussion." Neither side is going to convince the other. We have had 1,000,000 threads about Dr. Luke. Nothing new will come up, unless Katy actually makes a statement and decides to talk about and explain herself. 

Kats, we don't have to defend Katy. We are not her lawyer, she can defend herself. We still enjoy the music and be excited. 

Others, I don't you're being the super advocates you may think you are. Katy and Dr. Luke aren't going to be reading this. Youre not yelling at an abuser. You're just yelling at people who like the music of the person who worked with the abuser.

Can we PLEASE pin this to the top of every Katy thread going forward?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It's clear that Katy and her A&R guy think Dr. Luke is innocent, trying to make her accountable over and over is pointless, she doesn't care :gaycat6:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

KatyCats need to let go of this "Dr. Luke sabotage my fave" conspiracy and accept that Luke is not that good of a producer that they make him out to be :priceless:

He's not that good but is he this bad? Even some Kim tracks (that I was forced to listen to) were more interesting than this. Like... so far nothing tops the catchiness of Coconuts. :doc:

2 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

Eh. Majority of Kats aren't just listening to music of their fave artist, they're actively supporting a rapist and attacking his victim. You all deserve lashings for that. 

Miss me with the "just leave it alone" crap. You're only saying that because it's Katy who's bombing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

OMG yes we won! This and Nirvana were my favourite snippets! I'm not sure how well this will do in the US, but I can see Europe enjoying it.

It's funny how much hate this is getting in this thread when the snippet was initially the one getting the most praise in the other thread. I think in this era no matter what she announces as the single it is going to get hate, so please Katy keep releasing the bops!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Some fans have suggested he could be purposely sabotaging Katy for not working with him on the two previous albums. Knowing Puke's character, I believe it.

Still refusing to hold a 40-year-old woman accountable, I see. She was not forced to work with him. She approved all of his work for this album. She chose him. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

I am not the source of your anger. 

I've not caused you to be this upset. 

Katy has. You're angry and lashing out because she has willingly endorsed Kesha's abuser and the entire basis of her era is collasping in on itself. 

I'm sympathetic that she's ruined your enjoyment of it as a fan but my sympathy starts and stops when you've decided to somehow place the blame anywhere else and decide to defend these indefensible actions and project outward because you can't accept sitting with the backlash of an album executive produced by a rapist. 

The fact that you're randomly quoting anyone who voices upset with tirades about Ethel Cain or whoever is nonsense. You know Katy is wrong and your ridiculous behavior shows it. 

Do you think Katy is actually reading your essays on here? 

Because I am trying to understand what do you think you're changing by your endless rants on a pop music forum… like let it go

People who still support her won't have their mind changed, and people who hate her will do so anyways…  it's better for you to keep your energy to support artists you actually care about imo :/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

None of this would be happening if you had streamed Daisies and When I'm Gone

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Still refusing to hold a 40-year-old woman accountable, I see. She was not forced to work with him. She approved all of his work for this album. She chose him. 

Boo, I'm the first to call them out believe me. But I think Katy choosing to work with him and him trying to **** her over with mid material could coexist, just that.

Edited by ChooseyLover

This is a BOP :jonny6:

Walking On Air seeking her revenge

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.