Daily Mail: Katy is 'freaking out' over Woman's World flop and holding crisis talks

midnightdawn

Crisis averted cause they're moving on to the next single :clap3:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yes, AND

• KatyPrismSpirit

• halcyonday

• Bewitched

Like NRO 2.0 would've worked this time over wtf was she thinking. She is so goofy in the music video and out of touch yikes. Isn't it too late to make changes to the album?

20 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I honestly don't buy this. While important artists are big enough to take their own decisions, labels also have a word to say. They're professionnals and conduct tests and studies to test the waters and find out if something is going to be successful or not, particularly before a big project.

If the label (and possibly her own people) all warned her about this song + the Dr Luke association, I refuse to believe that Katy would be dumb enough to go against everyone. That would also confirm that this article isn't true as it is claiming that Katy is pointing fingers at others as if she wasn't warned.

This release is a big mistake and a surprising one. We will never know anyway but I feel like everyone just thought it was a solid song and did not care much that it was produced by Luke as he got several big hits recently by working for some other people.

But do you think Capitol really cared whether or not she worked with Dr. Luke considering he's still making hits?

She did this to herself. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Girlie, stop. I remember you hating on her everywhere in 2014 cuz it's also when I joined and you're still doing that in 2024. That ain't good for you.

I'm sure she's used to flopping so it's not that deep for her. 

Sometimes I forgot how old this forum is :skull:

• Haha 9

She's just not a musician, she doesn't seem to have any passion for it. I doubt she's even half as bothered as this article claims. When she was happy sitting on American Idol for years after 2 flop eras I knew she had lost any serious interest. She's probably just releasing this album just to give it another shot, because she can. Get your usual producer, some cliche lyrics and phone it in

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Miichael said:

By that point the music video had already been shot, release date planned and announced, money had been spent, they aren't just going to cancel the release because the reaction wasn't good :deadbanana2:

Thats exactly what they should have done and given Katy the bill. This disaster could have been avoided if they actually paid attention to the reception. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was making fun of it. :deadbanana2: These videos have hundreds of thousands of views. Somone at Capitol was ASLEEP. 

Edited by Onyxmage
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Maxxie said:

Like NRO 2.0 would've worked this time over wtf was she thinking. She is so goofy in the music video and out of touch yikes. Isn't it too late to make changes to the album?

I think it is, isn't the production timeline these days something like 6 months-ish to get the vinyls pressed and ready? The album was probably ready months ago.

She's such a stupid loser lmao her team too. Like who couldn't have predicted she would be in exactly this situation :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

And it looks like we have the result of the crisis meetings, planning single #2 already. 

Producer: Dr. Luke

you can't make this up :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bewitched said:

But do you think Capitol really cared whether or not she worked with Dr. Luke considering he's still making hits?

If they'd had any common sense, they should've at least considered the ramifications. It was beyond obvious to those of us living in the real world that her returning to Dr. Luke was only going to lead to massive backlash. Dr. Luke being a hitmaker - which in itself is completely overrated anyway since he produces just as many flops as he does hits - shouldn't have mattered because a hit from him was never guaranteed in the first place. 

But for some reason one of the biggest record labels in the world failed to predict the shitstorm that followed despite their expertise. :sherlock:

Edited by Sugar-Rush
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 9:50 AM, Konril said:

If Katy reacted like this when E.T. is not doing well in other countries.

Imagine her reaction for Woman's World:

"195 in Norway. 195 What do you mean, like? 195? That's like, don't even mention this number.:eli:

128 is so funny :bibliahh:

The way it ended up a hit in the uk anyway, so this whole meltdown was for nothing 

Suddenly dailymail is a reliable news source? 

Spoiler

Not saying this can't be true but she's literally on vacay rn living her best life. Doesn't seem like a "meltdown"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Uhm something is off here. Why does it say it's her own fault? Wasn't Chris Anokute who reunited her with Luke? 
This whole article is redacted by a middle age intern of publicist :rip:

To be fair, it reads more as someone that spends waaaay too much time on twitter/X and just made a whole timeline of the drama with fans lmao.  Its like some CW shows for tv where you can tell the writers spend way too much time on twitter and the dialogues of the shows seems coming out of the twitter bubble lmao

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, Mordecai said:

The call is coming from inside the house, Katy

FIRE your team of yes men and get in some fresh faces

I've been revisiting Witness the last couple of days and I wish she had continued in that direction and sound. So much potential

Imagine having a song that is so awful people starts complementing on Witness

16 minutes ago, Afferty said:

ATRL doesn't like Witness?

I thought it was great 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Afferty said:

Witness is what made me a stan, it's anything but awful :eli:

People are so dramatic

Katy has truly evolved into a parody of herself. #Crisis should be the title of the new record. #DamageControl should be the title of the next flop single.

The Womans World songstress can't catch a break.

• Haha 5

Can't believe Accelerate and Fall In Line did better than Womans World. 🤣

Edited by Sharamee6

Well hello! Let's celebrate that.gif

I don't know if this can be turned around. This is catastrophic, she should honestly just cancel the whole thing and disappear for some time because that would be more honorable :rip:

• Like 1

- this is daily mail so at least half of it is fake

- surely Katy anticipated flop after her last 2 records. i also struggle to believe her label would feed her delusions in this regard.

- her fans need a reality check too if they think a katy perry single is going to smash in 2024. i'm not even trying to hate on her but c'mon. talk to someone outside of twitter.

IMG_9723.thumb.gif.2c78f23ecdd2d4a3538fa

She's on vacation

IMG_9723.thumb.gif.2c78f23ecdd2d4a3538fa

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.