Daily Mail: Katy is 'freaking out' over Woman's World flop and holding crisis talks

midnightdawn

18 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Tf are you talking about? When have I ever identified as a Katy Kat or a Katy Stan? Not that it even matters. What does Lil Nas X have to do with anything? :mandown:

How are people criticising Katy for only having two women credited on a woman empowerment song, when one of Beyoncé's most famous women empowerment songs is also mostly men (Bey is the only woman credited)

Formation is all men too apart from Bey's writing credit, so there's another more modern example for you.

You missed the whole point :toofunny2: I didn't even say you were a katycat.

And Lil Nas X was just an example of how sensibilities and mentalities change over the years. What used to be accepted or normal in the past may not be now and viceversa.

Beyoncé didn't work with rapists on that song you posted and FORMATION is not a female empowerment anthem. You don't make any f*cking sense and I don't know what your personal vendetta against Beyoncé is :toofunny2:

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 5

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yes, AND

• KatyPrismSpirit

• halcyonday

• Bewitched

9 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Tf are you talking about? When have I ever identified as a Katy Kat or a Katy Stan? Not that it even matters. What does Lil Nas X have to do with anything? :mandown:

How are people criticising Katy for only having two women credited on a woman empowerment song, when one of Beyoncé's most famous women empowerment songs is also mostly men (Bey is the only woman credited)

Formation is all men too apart from Bey's writing credit, so there's another more modern example for you.

Like that user obviously said, times change

• Like 1

Sorry but It's what she deserves

8 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

You missed the whole point :toofunny2: I didn't even say you were a katycat.

And Lil Nas X's was just an example of how sensibilities and mentalities change over the years. What used to be accepted or normal in the past may not be now and viceversa.

Beyoncé didn't work with rapists on that song you posted and FORMATION is not a female empowerment anthem. You don't make any f*cking sense.

So you didn't say I was a Katy Kat but proceeded to directly quote me and start your post with this? Who is the Kat bringing up examples from the past you're referring to?

"Do kats think society in 2024 is the same that it was 14 years ago? Bringing up examplesfrom the past is not gonna justify her current awful choices."

Again, the point from the source wasn't about Dr Luke being an alleged rapist (so Beyonce not working with rapists is a separate issue) It's about a woman releasing a song to empower women but the majority of the people who made the song are men.

If you're gonna criticise Katy for having mostly men credited on WW, then all female artists who release songs in a similar vein with mostly male collaborators should also be criticised for it. It's as simple as that. Don't use it as another reason to drag and troll her. 

My bad, I guess "Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation" sounded quite empowering to women. My mistake. :coffee2:

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

6 hours ago, xokuba said:

What is there to do though? The music is done, the vinyls have been pressed already so how is she going to change anything? 

sKUpJoc.gif

A surprise Anthropology edition 

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

'Katy cannot identify with other women because she lives in her celebrity bubble. She knows nothing about what it is like to be a woman in the real world. 

'She is not using her star power to make change in the world – she is using it to make money.'

This is scathing hsjdhs

I think all the reasons WHY this happened have been articulated very well from everybody here, across socials and critics. I think there is a sense of disappointment from her core fan base and general pop music enthusiast because of the way she handled this, her 'im not bothered' attitude over the backlash and obviously the twisted logic in working with Luke on a WOMAN EMPOWERMENT anthem. It's just too much to overcome and turn it around. Even if she releases another single that is received better, it won't stop the talk and backlash over theLluke involvement :/

1 minute ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

So you didn't say I was a Katy Kat but proceeded to directly quote me and start your post with this? Who is the Kat bringing up examples from the past you're referring to?

"Do kats think society in 2024 is the same that it was 14 years ago? Bringing up examplesfrom the past is not gonna justify her current awful choices."

Again, the point from the source wasn't about Dr Luke being an alleged rapist (so Beyonce not working with rapists is a separate issue) It's about a woman releasing a song to empower women but the majority of the people who made the song are men.

If you're gonna criticise Katy for having mostly men credited on WW, then all female artists who release songs in a similar vein with mostly male collaborators should also be criticised for it. It's as simple as that. Don't use it as another reason to drag and troll her. 

My bad, I guess "Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation" sounded quite empowering to women. My mistake. :coffee2:

I mean you sound exactly like a katycat and you say the same things they say to make her look good and justify things that don't have any justification. Anything to avoid the elephant in the room.

If you think we should criticize female singers and their songs from 2011 for being written by men in a very male dominated industry just because Katy is being criticized for it in 2024 what can I tell you. You must be unaware of how feminism started to take a big role in society since 2017 after these two Beyoncé songs were released. And you must be unaware of how the music industry is trying to move forward to amplify the voices of female songwriters and producers.

It's like reading Metamorphosis by Ovid and thinking we should get rid of it because it's misogynistic. :doc: Good art is a sign of the times and reflect the way society was when it was released, Woman's World missed the mark at that and it's undeniable.

• Thanks 4

• Haha 1

Sexy confident, but not so intelligent :deadbanana:

• Haha 3

She finna get dropped, the back catalogue can keep earning but the label won't think she's worth the money for much longer

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

'Katy cannot identify with other women because she lives in her celebrity bubble. She knows nothing about what it is like to be a woman in the real world. 

'She is not using her star power to make change in the world – she is using it to make money.'

Damn :deadbanana:.

only a very stupid person can't see the problem with hiring a rapist to produce & write a song about female empowerment :ace:

can't believe some people are getting paid to approve decisions like these when any atrler can do a much better job for free :ahh:

Another huge mistake she made this time was announcing the album before the song was out, she could've scrapped it by now but its too late for her

Now shes falling into an endless abyss

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952uqsvznd3s7q6hvmttq

• Haha 8

is she that out of touch that a third album in a row flopping is somehow some big shock to her ? you'd think she'd be used to it by now :suburban:

1 hour ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

y'all will never not find a way to include beyoncé in stuff that has nothing to do with her :rip:

formation is an excellent song and video, woman's world is not. formation also wasn't produced by a rapist, woman's world was.

hope that helps ! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Her almost crying over #8 on the Hot 100 :chick3: god how the times have changed… istg someone cursed her

Herself 

Katy is out of touch

Katy is out of touch

Why is beyonce being randomly brought into conversation by Katy fans since women's world? 
:deadbanana:

• Like 2

And it looks like we have the result of the crisis meetings, planning single #2 already. 

13 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

And it looks like we have the result of the crisis meetings, planning single #2 already. 

I saw that like 20 mins ago. I felt like it should have been Gimme Gimme.

Lifetimes is a Dr. Luke production, but I am not feeling a dance album for Katy. I honestly want her to just do an Espresso clone at this point. When did Dr. Luke stop being such a shameless trenchaser, he needs to go back and do what he does best(follow trends and "steal" from successful songs). The trends have moved onto stuff like Chapell Roan and Sabrina Carpenter, so she needs to copy that instead in the same was Prism had slight influences of Lorde's sound and the alt-rock that was popular in 2012.

Edited by Junipero

13 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

and we can just conclude the same team who planned WW were managing this crisis lmaooooooooo

dumb as ****

1) Katy needs to fire her team. They have been telling her "yes" way too much and it's hurting her career. 
2) Katy should have known better than to use Dr. Luke and not hide it. Doubling down on it made the situation worse. 
3) Katy's leads are generally not the best/most successful singles. Idk why she thought a reductive Gaga retread was going to get her to top the charts with all the controversy surrounding it anyways. 

I'm not advocating anyone work with Dr. Luke but if she was going to go all in, it needed to be a SMASH and this just… isn't. If it was done by someone else and/or he wasn't attached to it, it may have been a moderate hit. As is… girl, scrub dr. Luke from the credits. 

24 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

At least this is miles better than WW, whoever produced it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.