Daily Mail: Katy is 'freaking out' over Woman's World flop and holding crisis talks

midnightdawn

13 minutes ago, Miichael said:

By that point the music video had already been shot, release date planned and announced, money had been spent, they aren't just going to cancel the release because the reaction wasn't good :deadbanana2:

It was done before 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yes, AND

• KatyPrismSpirit

• halcyonday

• Bewitched

The problem with Katy is that she can create hits, but doesn't have an ear for them (Lifetimes is a prime example).

im sure she was advised by her team not to do any of this, but she went ahead anyway (see: Releasing Unconditionally instead of Dark Horse, but at least in her defense Unc is the best song of her career)

i find this hard to believe, because she is used to she's been hiroshoma-ing ever since witness 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Wait so she REALLY thought this was gonna be her career defining song or something.:matty:

The lost of ear for hits needs to be studied.:lakitu:

Oh, it was bad for her (indeed)…

2 hours ago, blondeskinnyrich said:

girl...

• get rid of WW from the album. You're free to do so, you are allowed to say 'hey it flopped, let me restart the era'. Admitting the mistake is better than pretending you're right...
  • release something that's actually good for the new lead
  • get rid of the Luke's credits on the album. He's probably one every song and won't be happy with that, but just pay him off or something, idk. Prepare money for the damage control. Even if it will be obvious you did that, maybe some people will appreciate it and you'll start winning some of them back.
  • apologize for being tone deaf and support Kesha??? You don't have to be friends, and I doubt she would want that, but be a decent ******* person for a change...
  • prepare for the album to flop and start recording the next one with competent team and without Luke

It is not going to work, she's too far gone. Dr Luke stained the era already no matter what, everything she does next will look phoney. I don't know how she could not see it

She could try in a couple of years but her target audience is judgy gays and they don't forget.

5 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

It was done before 

The first snippet she posted literally came from the set of the music video so it was already shot

I'd assume the vinyl has gone to designated pressing plants around the world to be pressed and that would make it too late to change the album, but if it isn't too late and she does in fact have time to swop out the Dr Luke tracks, Would that win her back respect from music fans and reverse her cancellation if she proved she is listening?

Realistically (and aside from Max Martin), who else could be identified as a solid 'Pop' writer who could provide bops at short notice to replace and swop out the Luke ones with?

3 minutes ago, Miichael said:

The first snippet she posted literally came from the set of the music video so it was already shot

Many projects were cancelled post production, means nothing. For them it would have been a BETTER investment to cancel it because now they're gonna lose even more money, had the era been mildly successful.

• Like 1

She hasn't had a BB Top10 song in like 7 years and somehow she thought this was going to be her big moment?

either the DailyMail is lying (as they often do) or she's way more delusional than i thought

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Not the Daily Mail. I sure she is having so many meltdowns.

Album cancelled. Singles over. 

Only the Daily Mail, the Bastion of Truth.

• Like 1

Just scrap everything (aside from visuals, maybe) and start over. Fire your horrible team, find someone with a fresh vision. 

6 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

Many projects were cancelled post production, means nothing. For them it would have been a BETTER investment to cancel it because now they're gonna lose even more money, had the era been mildly successful.

Name one single that has been cancelled because the reaction to a snippet on TikTok wasn't good.

Regardless of whether it would have been better for the era, cancelling it at that stage just isn't realistic.

• Like 2

i believe these are half truths. of course she's not happy, but i think it is mostly the label that's freaking out.

either way it's the reality check she and everyone on her team deserves :suburban:

• Like 5

I swear, Katy needs to take off her clown makeup and reevaluate her life decisions. People were PERCHED for a Katy Perry comeback. We were all rooting for her! Then, she decides that working with Dr. Luke and releasing Woman's World (thought the song was okay but totally not worth the hype), which is such a hypocritical song too given the lack of women involved in the production and her association with Dr. Luke, was a good idea. She deserves the backlash for that alone.

I agree with her Focus-ing this song and completely erasing Dr. Luke from the album, if she still can. Otherwise, she needs to accept that this album might be her biggest flop of all time. Even Smile had NRO and HIH to save the era. Let's see if the album is any good at least, but I'm not holding my breath for critical or commercial acclaim.

After this, if Katy cannot realize how her (and/or her team's) decisions are negatively affecting her career, then she is truly done for.

I hope they remix all the tracks and add in more guitars. I think they need to remove the dancy songs; Nirvana sounds like a cheap version of "Padam" by Kylie, and Lifetimes is a bore. Gorgeous is a knock-off of Sam Smith's UnHoly.

When I think of Katy Perry, I think of guitars. 

I think "Gimme Gimme" is the best song of the snippets; I don't think dance music would do well today. I was expecting an "Espresso" clone on the album. Dr. Luke and Stargate usually copy trends of popular music so where the heck is her Espresso knockoff?

I can't feel bad for the Republican 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

The way people move goal posts depending on whether they like the celebrity is always so embarrassing. A lot of criticisms about KP are valid but this one is odd. Because: 

Do kats think society in 2024 is the same that it was 14 years ago? Bringing up examples from the past is not gonna justify her current awful choices. It's exhausting at this point how you all keep trying to bring up career moves from a decade ago.

Just like artists like Lil Nas X couldn't exist 10 years ago, maybe some actions that worked then can't resonate with the public now and are seen as performative or ridiculous.

If stans can't see this then I don't have any hope in Katy realizing this very same thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If y'all think after Smile and Witness she gives a single **** :rip: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante Silva said:

Realistically (and aside from Max Martin), who else could be identified as a solid 'Pop' writer who could provide bops at short notice to replace and swop out the Luke ones with?

Stargate, who have worked on many of Rihanna's #1's and on Katy's "Firework" and on Black Widow for Rita Ora. Except, they are already producers on 143.

Perhaps Rami Yacoub, Cirkut(Dark Horse, have worked on Unholy), Benny Blanco(I kissed a Girl, Tik Tok). Maybe RedOne if she wanted a dance album, but he might sound outdated. I dkn't know if Cirkut or Benny Blanco are comming back. Tricky Stewart(Umbrella for Rihanna, Single Ladies for Beyonce, but he did Dressin Up, Hummingbord Heartbeat, circle the Drain for Katy)I don't know if Katy ever worked with Rami, and I doubt she would invite RedOne. Greg Wells was a good co-songwriter but his productions weren't up to par as the other guys, but I think he brought the most natural and best songwriting out of Katy Perry.

Edited by Junipero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Holding crisis talks," wasn't she allegedly warned about this by her team members? She should have listened to good advice when it was given. 

The building hype for the new song was exiting tbh but it felt flat and there is no way she can save it

I'm disappointed by all of that, I was really down for new good Katy music 

i mean i was hyped by the snippet (not the first one) and liked the song, and it's barely a week now and it already aged for me... what did she expect when she got better songs on the album and the vault

Daily Mail is full of ****, but I don't doubt that she's pissed at how WW is underperforming. She really thought she ate with the song, which really shows how dumb she is. If I were her, I would pull a J.Lo and cancel everything claiming I needed to spend time with my family or maybe pull a Taylor and release Legendary Lovers (Katy's Version) as single and put it on the new album. :suburban:

• Like 1

The song is terrible, end of story.

Come back harder next time, with a better song. 

12 minutes ago, Junipero said:

Stargate, who have worked on many of Rihanna's #1's and on Katy's "Firework" and on Black Widow for Rita Ora. Except, they are already producers on 143.

"For Rita Ora" :rip::rip::rip: It's Iggy's song, sis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.