Do you really enjoy Chappell Roan's music?

Marry The Gods

Do you really enjoy Chappell Roan's music?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really enjoy Chappell Roan's music?

• Yes. I love her hair and makeup.
    • No. Her music is unwashed ass.

i like most of her songs, she's great

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daddy

• Raphy23

• Dante Silva

• Blue Skies

The album is really not the "skipless" people claimed it to be but the HIGHs are super high

I can see why people would say she's basic but I think for a debut it's a great start. The songs are catchy and well done and her image/style definitely stands out. I don't really get why Good Luck Babe was the song that broke through tbh but it's still one of the best popular songs out there.

I was one of the first! 

What I've heard so far is giving Jojo Siwa, and what I've seen from interviews, she's giving this 

IMG-9201.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

She has a great voice, and seemingly a good ear for pop based on this album + the recent single even though the album isnt perfect or anything.

I like that her music is pretty much just fun for funs sake alone and not trying to be anything deep but her being queer and having a camp aesthetic in mind is a cherry on top that is resonating with people as well.

I think its a net positive on music/culture when people like this get famous/have a moment in the spotlight, there's clearly something about her people are gravitating to, and its more significant than having a few #1 radio hits or anything. Will it last/will she break into mainstream mainstream? Who knows, but right now its just fun to see her rise and hope she continues to be successful :clap3:

• Like 1

I love Hot to Go and Kaleidoscope. Causal is growing on me. Haven't been able to get into Good Luck Babe though. Haven't really heard much else of her stuff. 

with all the commotion and hype surrounding her i checked out her album but was severely let down.. i dont get the hype, the album was OK at best, nothing really stood out and the only song i can seem to slightly remember is my kink is karma.. also her voice/tone just doesnt work for me

Edited by BabyBenzz

i really like a lot of the album

i'm looking forward to seeing what she will do next

Yes I do, but not every song on The Rise and Fall. "Good Luck, Babe" is a triumph though for sure. I went to a gay club on the weekend and I've NEVER heard a crowd so thunderously sing along to a song before. It really is THE moment.

never head of her until this website.  ill have to give her a listen. 

• Like 1

I like her. She sounds promising, but I'm not stanning yet. She reminds me a lot of Marina, so I'm not exactly sure what her 'brand' is that distinguishes her besides lesbianism. Really curious to see what she does next.

Edited by fulgadrum

she has everything taylor lacks. new (well-produced) sound, new (pleasing) aesthetic, lyrics that are not taken directly from a cringe pre-teen's diary, she loves women, etc

Edited by Vixen Eyes
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:51 PM, Into The Void said:

I like Good Luck Babe and Hot to Go I haven't really dived in to her album yet tho

Pink Pony Club is a power mid tempo ballad! It puts me through a rollercoaster of emotions. Highly recommend.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:20 AM, Daddy said:

That's the only song I skip because it sounds too much like a random Taylor song :rip:

and casual doesn't???? minus the eating me out part.

The Fallon performance genuinely has more repeat play value than various music video drops I've seen lately.

• Like 1

I like some of the songs on her album, but Good Luck Babe! Is her best released song (and potentially my favorite song released this year thus far).

Yes, she's a breath of fresh air looking at what music has been for the last 5 years or so. I do agree that the ballads are the weaker songs on the album (just like with Sabrina, Tate, Olivia, etc. I don't understand why the girls insist on making so many ballads...) but they're still solid songs. I find it funny when people say she's the new Gaga when Gaga wishes she could still make music this interesting

spacer.png

I've heard like 3 songs and all of them were this horrible, tiny-sounding, reductive 80's pastiche, so I'm gonna have to go with a no. 

She is exactly the opposite of what I thought she'd be so I like her.

16 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

and casual doesn't???? minus the eating me out part.

Maybe. But I don't get the Taylor feeling when I listen to Casual since I never got far into Taylors disco besides 1989, folklore and some singles. 

The verses in Karma are great but the chorus is is a big skip for me. The "Yoooouuuuuuuu" gives me the ick for some reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.