Do you really enjoy Chappell Roan's music?

Marry The Gods

Do you really enjoy Chappell Roan's music?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really enjoy Chappell Roan's music?

• Yes. I love her hair and makeup.
    • No. Her music is unwashed ass.

Why not? It's like an edgier lesbian version of Olivia Rodrigo. Very pop rock very tongue in cheek. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daddy

• Raphy23

• Dante Silva

• Blue Skies

Yes, her sound is very reminiscing of early 00s pop/rock imo... I can hear a little bit of Pink, a little bit of Avril and the sort. It's kinda nostalgic, i like that. I was exitant to give her a listen because of the hype, some people acting like her stuff is "life changing"... she is representative, cool, but it's nothing groundbreaking. Anyway her alberm is very solid, mostly bangers, few skips.

• Like 1

I love Goodluck, Babe!

yes!! but at the same time not as frequently as some other people I know are? I'm just not listening to her songs (other than the perfect Good Luck, Babe!) as frequently as, say, my best friend who knows all the lyrics to her album (which is weird cause he doesn't listen to music as much as me in general)

so yes I love her, but she's not on rotation as heavily for me as she is for other people. but that could change! there's just SO much good sh*t coming out that I'm not going back to her as much as I could. and that's nothing against her cause her music is excellent. it's just that I'm going back to Charli and St. Vincent more :giraffe:

Yes, and I'm also discovering her old stuff and it's so good, she's so talented :clap3:

Not all of it, Good luck babe is great but most of her debut album sounds childish af. That Hot to go song gives kidz bops vibes, could've been a Taylor Swift song tbh.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm not sure why it would be hard to enjoy? Even if you don't like it you can't really deny that she's making well crafted pop with more personality than basically anyone else at her level of success rn :sherlock:

2 hours ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

This is sending me. Main character energy or what

I mean just cuz i haven't had the opportunity to release most of it doesn't mean i haven't gone through about 6 musical eras since 2016. And i do see her in one of them.

Edited by selena_lavigne

1 hour ago, Nico Robin said:

I just think she's lacking the budget…? :skull: I fear with some popular directors and more label investment she could serve very hard

It was too ballady for the image she has, to put it vainly :skull:

I see the appeal but the singer-songwriter sorta brand never really lands with me

Not yet, such a busy year for music, looking forward to get hooked anyway.

I like some songs, especially Good Luck, Babe which is probably my fave song of the year. 

Yes, Good Luck, Babe is my favourite song of the year so far! Her debut album took me a minute to get into but now I listen to it all the time. 

• Like 1

I'll keep it cute and say that while her album isn't something that I enjoyed, I think Good Luck Babe is quite good and shows that the best is yet to come for her. I'm really glad that one's become the biggest hit for her.

• Like 1

yessss love her album

• Like 1

Yes, although I find myself skipping some songs that I was bopping to a few months ago. The energy level on her tracks can be a little overbearing, but I find her much more interesting than the other girlies who have exploded onto the scene this year.

Edited by CoolNebraskaGuy

She makes fun cute pop songs but nothing groundbreaking like some people are acting. I think the personality, image and performances are the biggest draw for her 

I don't even like a lot of new artists and I can't stop singing Hot to Go so…YES

It's fine.

6 hours ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Why do yall do this with EVERY pop star… it's weird… yall loved her a week ago and now are picking her apart… zzzzzzzzz

You. Look. Like. Chappel Roan in this light. Remarkable 

Right? People just LOVE tearing people apart for no reason, it's so tiring :toofunny3:

Chappell Roan is fantastic and fully deserves the success she's having. Her debut album is truly great.

I don't like that Hot 2 Go song. 

Good Luck Babe isn't bad. 

no but I do get the appeal (well of her singles anyway—I can't imagine liking all the ballads on her album :rip:)

Unfortunately her music just feels like Lizzo for lesbians

• Like 2

yeah, she makes fun pop music, great vocals and a lot of charisma, i see a lot of potential in her 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.