Does Taylor Swift lack a "cultural footprint"?

Lagerfeld

18 minutes ago, charot said:

Do you even live in PH?

I don't and i don't have to. When i want to know what is the popular food, i don't check what people have in their hands, i check data of what sold most. 

Just like that, i trust data more than what OTH on ATRL's feels tell me

1*K5F75blCytIVq33N_HxJtA.gif

18 minutes ago, charot said:

Going out of that niche bubble would tell you different story. 

16 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

Gurl, you really use Spotify as a metric of popularity of a song here?

Who cares about the data of millions of people... We have ATRL users charot and kwek_kwek instead. 

Thanks for letting me know 1.2M streamed ARUTW is actually one of the biggest classics in Philippines history. I couldn't realize that without you. Maybe i should check Gaga base more like you two 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• charot

• WildHeart

• Monster Queen

• Miley Cyrus

6 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

I don't and i don't have to. When i want to know what is the popular food, i don't check what people have in their hands, i check data of what sold most. 

Just like that, i trust data more than what OTH on ATRL's feels tell me

Who cares about the data of millions of people... We have ATRL users charot and kwek_kwek instead. 

Thanks for letting me know 1.2M streamed ARUTW is actually one of the biggest classics in Philippines history. I couldn't realize that without you. Maybe i should check Gaga base more like you two 

You're not even from the Philippines.

Numbers are not everything, luv

4 minutes ago, charot said:

Numbers are not everything, luv

Neither is the opinion of liddo OTHs

Just now, WildHeart said:

They're not opinions, they're FACTS.

Idk about cultural footprint but she definitely is the only one with an economic footprint 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Your opinion is even more invalid because you're not even from PH. :ahh: 
And yes, ARUTW is a classic here like TOL, JGMAR, and ATY. People sing it on karaoke and even play the remix on speakers on jeepneys. 

9 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

And yes, ARUTW is a classic here like TOL, JGMAR, and ATY. People sing it on karaoke and even play the remix on speakers on jeepneys

Now that's what we call CULTURAL IMPACT, like literally.

I bet that user never heard those 'cultural' stuff in the Philippines... but but SpOtifY1!!!11!! :ahh:

Edited by charot

18 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

Again

42 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Just because you are from Philippines doesn't mean that you know what other 115.6M people listen to. 

14 minutes ago, charot said:

Now that's what we call CULTURAL IMPACT, like literally.

That so called artist with cultural impact was 98th most listened artist on Filippines yesterday. Only if people bothered to listen instead of sing her songs... 

Edited by WildHeart

10 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

Again

Just because you are from Philippines doesn't mean that you know what other 115.6M people listen to. 

That so called artist with cultural impact was 98th most listened artist on Filippines yesterday. Only if people bothered to listen instead of sing her songs... 

Numbers and cultural footprint are two different things, especially when the numbers are from the platform not used by majority of the people.

Thank you for proving our point that all Taylor's got is numbers... numbers driven by her fans.

Edited by charot

As Stevie Nicks said about Taylor in 2010 "Songwriters and guitarists are back!"

Taylor is literally the footprint of all the pop on the charts right now looool 

in 2008-2014 taylor was the only real songwriter on charts upon songs written by team of of people. Now charts are full of songs written only by Taylor Swift and songs written only by olivia rodrigo, and billie eilish, and mirski etc...

She ended the Madonna model and her clones and helped to made women as musicians relevant again.

It's fun to see Lady gaga stans talking about it when Gaga literally started as another Madonna Clone (in terms of model)  but then switched to "full musician" image with Joanne and A star is born. What's reason of that? Taylor Swift (and Adele) being the most selling artists in America.

Taylor totally changed the narrative  in mainstream pop too. Pop was about the impersonal YOU YOU YOU....taylor concept always has been the personal ME ME ME.

Not only all the new pop on charts is now ME ME ME but also the artists were YOU YOU YOU  when taylor was already ME ME ME switched to ME ME ME too.

Beyoncè was singing about all the single ladies, in 2013 switched to BEYONCE'---- THIS IS ME. This is my story.

Ariana was about the most generic you can so...then songs about sean, pete and Malcom happened. Everyone now makes "personal and honest" pop music cause Taylor Swift happened and start to sell more than anyone.

The eras tour is a big revolotion is changing the prospective of what entertainement for female is too, a revolution in what the culture considers primary or secondary, a revolution in the taste as Time recognized.

The fact is not made to appeal gay men is exactly not the reason of the not impact but the reason of the revolution. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, charot said:

Thank you for proving our point that all Taylor's got is numbers... numbers driven by her fans.

If only she had 100 people singing her songs at karaoke nights too

4 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

If only she had 100 people singing her songs at karaoke nights too

Not our fault Taylor songs (post 1989) are unknown to the GP and nobody sings them at karaoke.

You clearly know nothing about the PH culture or Philippines as a whole lol

Edited by charot

Seems like enough of a footprint to impact the elections of the worlds 'biggest democratic nation'

9 minutes ago, charot said:

Not our fault Taylor songs (post 1989) are unknown to the GP and nobody sings them at karaoke.

Except to your ex vice president Leni Robredo 

7 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

Seems like enough of a footprint to impact the elections of the worlds 'biggest democratic nation'

Cultural impact they say 

6 minutes ago, charot said:

Not this tired lie again. Cruel Summer (a post 1989 song) is currently on track to be eligible diamond & become the 2nd most streamed female song all this year.
You'll drag Taylor while you're fave hasn't been relevant since the Reagan administration 

what she did best is keep inventing herself into different genres. She is not innovative but only bring her tones into those genres. But I would give it to her that she brought synth pop to the forefront with 1989.

Of course. You're a dumbass if you think otherwise, sorry.

(not sorry, because we've been through this discussion a million times and y'all always lose haha)

Edited by mael

Suuuuuure, the most successful and talked about female pop star of the 21th century doesn't have "cultural footprint" :ahh:

All is well in the feelings and vibes committee i see, especially since you guys's definition of "cultural footprint" is wearing meat dresses and being called "mother" and "serving c*nt" by terminally online gays  :toofunny3:

Taylor is the reason why poptimism is even a thing to begin with, 1989 played a massive role in that. We also wouldn't have Olivia Rodrigo if it wasn't for her. And that's just two examples. But since the online gays haven't screamed "mother" enough to Taylor she doesn't have impact i guess, how sad and tragic :coffee2:

Given that OTHs thread every wet fart of hers and discuss it for days on end, I would say her cultural impact is plenty established

• Haha 1

Why are swifties arguing with monsters when Gaga's last 'cultural impact' was 20 years ago?

Gaga's songs hasn't been listened to by the GP since 2011, while Taylor has been the most streamed artist on Spotify since forever.

I can't believe we are arguing about karaoke and jeepney charts now as a scale for cultural impact :giraffe:

• Like 1

No she has a cultural footprint.

Taylor represents white women.

Beyonce represents Black women.

RIH represents all the cool women no matter the race.

Katy represents white children.

5 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

what she did best is keep inventing herself into different genres. She is not innovative but only bring her tones into those genres. But I would give it to her that she brought synth pop to the forefront with 1989.

? Synth Pop had been in vogue for like a whole decade prior to 1989

yup, she absolutely lacks it... I mean, new artists don't care about owning their masters, oh nobody talks about ticketmaster's BS x

so yeah, Taylor.. made no impact at all x

Not OTHs questioning Taylor's popularity in the Philippines, that is just base level trolling :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.