Billboard 200: Longest-charting albums

penguintim

1 hour ago, penguintim said:

ahh yes my favourite streaming-era albums, taylor swift, fearless, speak now and red

:suburban:

Two of those albums were released a couple of years before the streaming era exploded and Taylor's popularity peaked in the streaming era, hence those albums staying alive. 

Let's not be dense.

34 minutes ago, Feanor said:

What defensiveness? :rofl:

You:

Me: gives an answer that explains how I'm considering more than just chart weeks.

The supposed gymnastics being… an answer to a question that was asked. ATRLers are so predictable. :rofl:

Hate to break it to you, but musical iconicity and impact are not determined by chart weeks and commercial success propelled by stan streaming farms.

• Thumbs Down 2

32 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Two of those albums were released a couple of years before the streaming era exploded and Taylor's popularity peaked in the streaming era, hence those albums staying alive. 

Let's not be dense.

Hate to break it to you, but musical iconicity and impact are not determined by chart weeks and commercial success

Uh oh, the authority on iconicity has arrived. :rofl:

32 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

propelled by stan streaming farms.

Giggling over my supposed gymnastics and yet believing in this. Never change.:rofl:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Uh oh, the authority on iconicity has arrived. :rofl:

Giggling over my supposed gymnastics and yet believing in this. Never change.:rofl:

Meaning stans streaming ad nauseam. The lack of critical thinking. I- 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Meaning stans streaming ad nauseam. The lack of critical thinking. I- 

Shocking! Stans are consuming their fave artists' music, what completely novel concept. :rofl:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Shocking! Stans are consuming their fave artists' music, what completely novel concept. :rofl:

Did I say it was novel? I said Taylor's large base and the rise of the streaming era keeps her albums (and other recent catalogue albums by current artists) on the charts.

Cardi being the only female rapper here:clap3:

Taylor and her discography being iconic as usual and ATRL being mad…as usual :fan:

• Like 3

Lover never left the chart?!! :bloo:

Flop album indeed.

10 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

I thought it was far-fetch for BTD to pass 21 but it will eventually do it considering the later is not longer charting :rip: 

Legend Lana tbh. Passing 21 is no joke. Imagine telling someone in 2014 that Lana would have greater longevity than Adele :skull:

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

7 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Let's not be dense.

When are we defining "streaming era" as? Because Billboard didn't start including streaming in the BB200 until December 2014*, her first 5 albums (all present here) were M.I.A. from streaming until July 2017

*By which point, Taylor Swift and Fearless were already the 11th and 22nd longest-charting albums ever respectively.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.