Madonna's biopic is called Who's That Girl

T.O.A.D.S.

3 hours ago, 808dream said:

Wasn't she supposed to be recording a full album produced by him? 

That would be definitely something to be very excited for!

No… this is how fake news spreads and then fans get mad when it doesn't come true :rip: Abel told Zane Lowe it's his dream to co-produce an album with M. It was never official or confirmed to be in the works.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ricardoazevedo

• T.O.A.D.S.

• 808dream

• mike_int

Top Posters In This Topic

this is going to be a flop.. a trainwreck.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Wow yall are so rude

Even if she did do a new album lbr yall would just complain about her hopping on trends, trying to act young, filtered appearance etc etc

So she can't win either way so she might as well do what she wants and what she wants is to make a biopic yall can choose to ignore it if you're so against it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

It needs to be a hardcore explicit ***** showing every nook and cranny. They shouldn't shy away from showing the really uncomfortable stuff. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

I really wanted a new album. She's really wasting all the recent hype and goodwill on this movie that most likely will flop. Thats why its sad.

Even if the movie is good, the fact she's directing it will always work against her. No critic is going to watch a Madonna directed film unbiased.

we all know that is not going to happen. She just doesn't have a talent for movies. It's the sad truth

14 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

good lord how many times do we have to teach you this lesson you lopsided old mule NO ONE WANTS YOU BEHIND A MOVIE CAMERA EVER AGAIN nor do we want you anywhere near a screenplay we want MUSIC we want IN DEPTH INTERVIEWS WITHOUT GRILLZ IN YOUR MOUTH and stupid immature juvenile humor we want THE LEGEND BACK AND WE WANT THE DELUXE EXPANDED REISSUES you were supposed to release four years ago JUST DO SOMETHING LITERALLY ANYTHING THAT ISN'T CRINGE AND USELESS PLEASE FOR ONCE OH MY GOD

Hide contents

love you mom xoxo

:suburban:

13 hours ago, Hurem said:

Can she get HBO to produce limited series instead? :'( 

I couldn't agree more. 

I know she and Elton are far from besties but she could take a leaf from Rocketman. It wouldn't have been as well-received if Elton was too close to it. 

6 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Abel told Zane Lowe it's his dream to co-produce an album with M. It was never official or confirmed to be in the works.

Could have been massive if it was true then

I have no doubt the album is mastered and in the can with half produced by Max Martin and other half by Stuart Price. I suspect Stuart has an additional executive producer role on it and he and M arranged the track sequencing together. I suspect one track (possibly the lead) is a collab with The Weeknd.

All that's left to do is for schedules to align for the purpose of filming the first video.

I get that Ari having had sessions with Max in the weeks following M and her album having since gotten a quick release (that has already peaked) is confusing for some folks.

Y'all need to get past this naive belief that if something is finished it gets automatically released in to the world and promoted straight away. 

Fair title. A biopic could be a masterful move, there's an entire generation of 20-somethings and less that knows nothing about her, and this could be a great introduction. But since she's directing it we all know it's going to draw lots of criticism and this might overshadow anything else that could be good for her. Well let's see, I'm looking forward to it tbh, the project is becoming a myth at this point lol.

• Like 1

My hopes is that she will release an unplugged greatest hits to coincide with its release but a new album is beyond overdue 

20 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

girl you are far too old to be talking like this 

Somebody competent at directing films would be a start. Informing a script is one thing but nothing about W.E. gave us indication that there's untapped potential there. 

First i`m not a girl, second my age doens`t imply that i don`t have an opinion, even when you dont like it. Comentary sexist and ageist, things M HATES. Are you an expert on directing films? How many did you directed? Dont have something nice to say go rub your elbows on a frizzy wall to calm down your nervousness. By the way this is a portuguese proverb to classify people who say dumb things. And calling M incompetent, just because you didnt like her movie or script just shows how little you are. You have the right to an opinion, but not to reduce to sh... an artist or her work. Go find something more productive to do and respect her and me.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mike_int said:

I think maybe chapter of the movie will be called Who's That Girl but not the full movie, since the 1987 movie Madonna is starring in is called Who's That Girl

But honestly, as a Madonna fan, I already know the movie will be very romanticized fiction based on the story. Madonna is too self cautions and too proud to actually show bad side of her, bad choices, selfish choices etc. about which we read in different books and interviews about her.

I think they should do mini-series, not a movie also.

I agree, but i think that she will put a lot of things that were controversy to gain attention. I think people expect controversy in the film.

• Like 1

I just wish she was like partially involved in this movie but let some geniuses do  the heavy lifting. Obviously tell the truths and the hardships but she needs to relinquish control just a little. Yes it's her story and her life but she needs writers and filmmakers who really know how to bring it all to life.

On 7/16/2024 at 9:08 AM, Hector said:

Her face card :flame:Her and Sabrina Carpenter could play relatives in a movie easily. 

I HAD THE SAME THOUGHT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.