Why Is Ice Spice No Longer The "People's Princess"?

BOOMBAYAH

I remember when Ice Spice first went viral; a large part of why people liked her was how much they resonated with her. She was even jokingly compared to Princess Diana (spawning her song with the same title) and nicknamed "People's Princess." Now, it seems like that aspect of her is completely gone. People no longer see her as approachable or "one of us." She's getting dunked on by hip-hop stans, getting dunked on IG, getting dunked on TikTok, etc. What went wrong? It seems like the likability that made her so popular has disappeared.

FrGlU-SXsAMrIVf?format=jpg&name=large

members-of-the-united-states-munch-corps

cb73f5ccc8294d909bbcc7e9ed66e580_md.jpg

• Like 1

this whole central cee cheating drama is kinda the final nail in the coffin for the whole "people princess" ****

people just got bored of her, she doesn't bring anything interesting to the table and just repeats the same formula over and over. i'm sure she can score another hit, but that hype for her is just gone, and never really existed beyond a tweeting level. those babystorme texts just also kinda proved she's the wicked witch not the princess

she was basically just this massive internet joke through 2022-2023 but she was never gonna have a lasting career

• Thanks 2

baby storme kinda ended her 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

people found out she's dumb and annoying

• Haha 7

She made her bed and sharted on it

• Haha 14

Just now, Bimbo said:

She made her bed and sharted on it

ssssssssssssssss this too

the scat mess was the final nail 

Every time a Beyonce album bombs, a female rapper loses her wings. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Who knows, who cares

5 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

ssssssssssssssss this too

the scat mess was the final nail 

.. what scat mess? 

Just now, The Pop Hub said:

.. what scat mess? 

she said "i'm the sh*t i'm miss poopie" in a song and people thought it was funny but now she dragged it on by mentioning poop in every song and everyone's just tired :rip:

2 minutes ago, punisher said:

she said "i'm the sh*t i'm miss poopie" in a song and people thought it was funny but now she dragged it on by mentioning poop in every song and everyone's just tired :rip:

ohh that weird debacle 

When you're untalented, uninteresting and your career has been an orchestrated marketing gimmick, eventually the 15-minutes run out :clack:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, The Pop Hub said:

.. what scat mess? 

GPaM4CYWkAErG9o.jpg

• Haha 3

Ice was to 2023 what Sexxy Red currently is to 2024. She was never meant to have an everlasting shelf life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Click Clack said:

GPaM4CYWkAErG9o.jpg

is she SHITTING oh my god gdfgdfgdfgdfgdf

• Haha 1

CNCJNCCNCNFNJNCNX

- she was becoming overexposed and had nothing substantial to show for it other than shaking ass.

- her songs were becoming samey/formulaic and the poop/scat thing was becoming overdone. and her new songs don't hit like princess diana or deli

- the fame was clearly getting to her head & she quickly became unlikeable (with the latto 'beef' and her coming for fans on social media plus this whole central cee drama)

- replaced my more entertaining rappers like sexxyy redd (but she too is starting to fade out quick tbh)

anyone who had eyes knew she was more likely than not an internet fad tbh though, at least she made the most of it with taylor & nicki collabs

Edited by Billionaire
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

sabrina is the IT girl and what is this fad?

• Like 2

that type of "universal" praise an artist gets only lasts during that initial phase of popularity when they're new and everyone likes them. once the novelty wears off if they don't have other redeeming qualities then people switch up :mandown:

The rest of the country found out how repetitive NY Drill is and got bored quickly.

She lacks versatility and range as an MC (unlike Pop Smoke who was already expanding his sound and knew to move away from NY Drill) and now she's trapped doing a regional sound that natives are even tired of but now the world is gonna watch her flop. **** is crazy.

• Like 1

Baby Storme exposing Ice's true feelings about Nicki Minaj ended her career! :rofl:

Stream This City Is a Graveyard 

Edited by Reginald

Everything I've learned about her has been against my will. 

She has no hits.. why is she famous? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.