Lover becomes first female album to stay at #1 for entire year on catalog chart

FolkLover1989

Did it without any suspicious autoplay,  no excessive playlisting and payola.

Just pure fan love. A massive album

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

When is something qualified catalog? cause this is literally not even 5 years old (with a moderately active single out) when i think catalog i think of fleetwood mac or michael jackson or something lol

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

When is something qualified catalog? cause this is literally not even 5 years old (with a moderately active single out) when i think catalog i think of fleetwood mac or michael jackson or something lol

i was curious about that also and it's album minimum 18 months old, so it qualifies. not surprised it's topping this chart as lover is still charting around top20 on BB200 :clap3:

• Like 1

Just now, piotrert said:

i was curious about that also and it's album minimum 18 months old, so it qualifies. not surprised it's topping this chart as lover is still charting around top20 on BB200 :clap3:

How can Lover be #1 on the catalog chart then if Dangerous: The Album by Morgan Wallen (2021) has been outselling it for most weeks so far? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

How can Lover be #1 on the catalog chart then if Dangerous: The Album by Morgan Wallen (2021) has been outselling it for most weeks so far? 

yeah idk. i came up to same conclusion with SOS. it must track something else compared to normal BB200

Isn't this album hated by Swifties

The most impacting tour of the 2000s made Cruel summer and Lover 2 classics.

This morning i was listening a radio show and the dj went to the eras tour here in Italy this weekend talked about the show and then said "i discovered this great song" and they played Lover (song). 

Edited by vale9001

Her last album that I cared about. Deserved it. :clap3:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Did it without any suspicious autoplay,  no excessive playlisting and payola.

Just pure fan love. A massive album

The lies :deadbanana2: 

They barely took CS outta TTH after 1.5 years on the playlist. :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

7 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

TTH automatically means excessive playlisting? :rip: 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

According to Wikipedia the album has to have fallen below 100 on the bb200 before becoming eligible for this chart :toofunny2: Dangerous hasn't even come close 

congrats on this achievement Taylor! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Once an album is at least 18 months old and falls below #100 on Billboard 200 at any point then it becomes Catalog eligible. 

Lover fell out the top 100 at some point in 2021, Dangerous has never left top 100. 

The rules kinda messy and embarrassing in streaming era. "Evermore" is a Catalog album and "Folklore" isn't for example. :rip: It should just be albums are Catalog after 2 or 3 years regardless of how high they're still charting, only exception is if there is an active single still being pushed and charting. 

• Like 5

The achievement being: first female solo album to be best selling album ,that has been out for 18 months and fallen below position 100 on the bb200, for 52 weeks 

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Once an album is at least 18 months old and falls below #100 on Billboard 200 at any point then it becomes Catalog eligible. 

Lover fell out the top 100 at some point in 2020-2021, Dangerous has never left top 100. 

The rules kinda messy and embarrassing in streaming era. "Evermore" is a Catalog album and "Folklore" isn't for example. :rip: It should just be albums are Catalog after 2 or 3 years regardless of how high they're still charting, only exception is if there is an active single still being pushed and charting. 

8 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

According to Wikipedia the album has to have fallen below 100 on the bb200 before becoming eligible for this chart :toofunny2: Dangerous hasn't even come close 

congrats on this achievement Taylor! 

Sorry but what a dumb rule 💀

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Squall said:

The excessiveness would be staying there for a year and a half, which was mentioned in that very short post that you apparently didnt manage to understand 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Human Fly said:

32 minutes ago, Loca said:

The excessiveness would be staying there for a year and a half, which was mentioned in that very short post that you apparently didnt manage to understand 

Cruel Summer

Spotify Charts - #22

TTH - N/A

If anything, it has bad playlisting and should be charting on Today's Top Hits considering how high it is still charting 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

did that with her worst album...queen

38 minutes ago, Loca said:

Basically a lie, CS was added to TTH on June 23rd 2023 and was removed on April 26th 2024.So only 10 months.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Loca said:

It's not how it works, it was in TTH because it went viral, it's not the TTH placement that made it successful, it's not the same thing :sorry:

1 hour ago, Squall said:

When Dua does it yes it is 

Dumb rule of a dumb achievement for a dumb alb- NVM.

I made a pact with the Little Spellers.

:suburban:

Congratulations MOTHER! :clap3:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Human Fly said:

Literally just made that up lmao

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

When Dua does it yes it is 

In Dua's case, people say no and it's still on TTH, it's not what happened to CS

• Like 1

The catalog chart doesn't even make sense anymore since they allow old albums to chart on the BB200

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.