Katy debuts damage control: "WW is sarcastic", "it's not about the male gaze"

Riverbank

So i guess she's trying to  say the first part of the video is to criticize fake feminism and the second part does what exactly then????

what a convoluted mess of a concept 

:deadbanana2:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• mrpartyrocker

• JayJay

• IBeMe

Oh it's bad for her. She should honestly just cancell the whole thing and forget about music for another 4 years

• Haha 1

its also a satire for her to reconnecting with Dr Luke maybe /s :deadbanana2:

It seems clear that everyone missed the feminist message made, when the video moved from being Katy in high heels with her titties on display, and when Katy was walking around in an almost see through bikini and weird mechanical boots, and there was some sort of penetration involving what appeared to be a diesel fuel pump.

Or maybe it's just a regular Katy Perry video featuring her breasts and camp humour like she was doing 10-15 years ago and no one can tell the difference.

Perhaps 90% of the problem is teaming up with Dr. Luke to make a feminist statement was never going to work for her.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

It seems clear that everyone missed the feminist message made, when the video moved from being Katy in high heels with her titties on display, and when Katy was walking around in an almost see through bikini and weird mechanical boots, and there was some sort of penetration involving what appeared to be a diesel fuel pump.

Or maybe it's just a regular Katy Perry video featuring her breasts and camp humour like she was doing 10-15 years ago and no one can tell the difference.

Perhaps 90% of the problem is teaming up with Dr. Luke to make a feminist statement was never going to work for her.

WW sucks but sl*t shaming Katy Perry for showing some skin in 2024 is also a dated and misogynistic take.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

1 minute ago, perfect blue said:

WW sucks but sl*t shaming Katy Perry for showing some skin in 2024 is also a dated and misogynistic take.

How is it **** shaming to point out that there isn't much difference between the first and second part of the video?

You can use sex in a clever way in art, but is this a good example?

Is any woman watching this video thinking "I feel more empowered now"?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe she really created everything about this lead single with chatgpt. Even her interviews.

Backtracking within 48 hours oh it's BAD... a J. Cole diss track level mess

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, mrpartyrocker said:

It's so ironic she has a song that has a lyric with "so intelligent" and she's so dumb!!! 

:deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

You are dumb if you don't think this was part of the release strategy for the single all along. Every pop star shares behind the scenes and comments on the video and song after release. This interview was done on set.

Given the hate train that took off, the optics appear to most of you as if she's being reactionary to your hate…but think a little bit harder about this. It's time to grow a brain cell for some of you. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Damage control? This was filmed during the video shoot. I highly doubt she was like "oh no the backlash! We have to recreate the video set again and explain Woman's world to ppl!!"

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, perfect blue said:

It's meant to be a female empowerment anthem and the video is literally a teenage boys wet dream

• Thanks 1

We all got what she was trying to do, it's just laughable that the second part of the video shows zero contrast to the first, she just replaced the dildos with Trisha Paytas :skull:

@ her and her stans thinking this is some complex narrative and we were gonna be taught a lesson on feminism from ******* Katy Perry :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, CroNich said:

It's meant to be a female empowerment anthem and the video is literally a teenage boys wet dream

There's literally a bunch of other stuff to criticise about the video but this is not it. If she wants to show skin shes in her right to do so. Blame it on the teenage boy having wet dreams and not on her celebrating her body

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IBeMe said:

she legit does not see her career as seriously anymore. Like she ALWAYS had humor but she used to know how to mix it up and it made her so cool and edgy and interesting but now it seems so out of touch, desperate and cringe worthy....During the One of The Boys & Teenage Dream eras she knew exactly how to mix her tongue in cheek humor all while still having serious elements to her music etv but now she seems like a bad comedian trying to have a pop career....

I am of the opinion that this is way blown out of proportions, but I have to agree with this comment. It seems like they've lost the formula.

Was watching her old videos the other day; stuff like Hot n Cold, Waking Up In Vegas, California Girls, Last Friday Night are more of the same of what she's doing now, but at the same time it's not? Idk how to describe it. It was working. Now it doesn't. The cracks were already showing by Prism though, the Roar and Dark Horse videos are worse than I remembered. Like, a lot worse. 

Never Really Over and Harelys In Hawaii were amazing though. So who knows, maybe she has something better up her sleeve. Personally I liked the snippets we've heart. Still looking forward to her album. Maybe I'll replace Woman's World with When I'm Gone in the tracklist lol. 

• Thanks 2

So what exactly is she satirising then? Dumb broad. She really hasn't got a ******* clue, has she?

I fully believe this was her earnest attempt at a feminist message. The problem is, Katy's brand of feminism is that of a corporate commercial with no real meaning. Considering the political climate, this type of feminism is not something real women can latch onto as it's hard to take "it's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it" seriously when real-world circumstances are proving the exact opposite to be true. People want subversion and a real message behind what they're hearing nowadays and I don't think Katy understands that. Possibly a result of being insulated from the real world for so long? I knew when she was on Twitter thanking Elon Musk openly, it was over.

• Thanks 7

She's definitely become a parody artist, and of her own self lol. 

this video was extremely cringe and hard to watch. this woman is unwatchable. ffs :deadbanana4:

17 hours ago, IBeMe said:

she legit does not see her career as seriously anymore. Like she ALWAYS had humor but she used to know how to mix it up and it made her so cool and edgy and interesting but now it seems so out of touch, desperate and cringe worthy....During the One of The Boys & Teenage Dream eras she knew exactly how to mix her tongue in cheek humor all while still having serious elements to her music etv but now she seems like a bad comedian trying to have a pop career....

I mean you can get away with it in your 20's but not as an almost 40-year-old.

anyone with a brain could tell it was being satirical it was just poorly done

Was she drunk in that post? :deadbanana2:This feels like an SNL skit.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 7:43 PM, Sexyzinger said:

You are dumb if you don't think this was part of the release strategy for the single all along. Every pop star shares behind the scenes and comments on the video and song after release. This interview was done on set.

Given the hate train that took off, the optics appear to most of you as if she's being reactionary to your hate…but think a little bit harder about this. It's time to grow a brain cell for some of you. 

You better FIGHT these baguettes for your fave sis. :clap3: 

I don't understand the concept of the video or what it means (if there is anything to say), can someone explain it to me?

13 hours ago, jeffersonairplanes19 said:

anyone with a brain could tell it was being satirical it was just poorly done

yeah, I have to agree. If she is out here over-explaining the concept and her message, she's lost the plot already. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.