• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• mrpartyrocker

• JayJay

• wkpw

so is she saying its not a woman's world?

• Haha 2

Her personality is so unbearably cringeworthy for no reason :ace: it's always giving soccer mom that aged out and wants to be cool for the kids.

• Like 4

Can she just like? Shut up already 

:suburban:

• Like 2

If you have to explain it, it didn't work. 

• Like 9

This just makes it worse because the video and song completely miss the mark and can't even be passed off as satire :deadbanana4: Her team really hates her don't they :bibliahh:

• Like 1

Y'all do too much on Katy. It's not cute

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

31 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Isn't satire supposed to be clever though? 

So intelligent

• Haha 5

She truly said-

thatsign.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I kinda believe her but this doesn't have the depth to be successful at it. She tried this exact concept with Bon Appetit, where she got to be nude and had a bunch of men fingering her but then also pretended she had a message and it fell flat just the same.

It's not satire, it's **** Pop with excuses

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can't see the 'reset' part without thinking about Normani and her culture reset s:wan:

• Haha 1

KatyKats were saying 'camp' though

From "the single is a gift for the fans" to "releasing my single was a satirical move"

19 minutes ago, Riot said:

Serving MARINA releasing 2012 Dr Luke-produced electro pop songs saying she's making fun of 2012 Dr Luke-produced electro pop songs when she just wanted a hit like the other 2012 Dr Luke-produced electro pop songs

Didn't Katy do the same with CTTR? Criticizing dance poppy songs with a dance poppy song s:wan:

There's absolutely nothing hard to get about it. Both the song & video are garbage. We get it, but we're not here for it. But I can see her and her team continuing to push this DOA bomb until September and running with this "the public did not get it!!!!!" narrative.

Also if your satire needs explaining then it's terrible Katheryn. The fact that this was filmed at the video shoot set too omg. :lmao:

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

It definitely does have a strong hint of male gaze :suburban:

5 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

KatyKats were saying 'camp' though

This is the thing. I get it's camp because that's what Katy has been the whole time. It's not that people don't get it, it's that her output is lacking in many fronts

She really fumbled her career, her only side project being a host for a failing reality competition show. Now she can't even release a successful music project.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

The way you're switching like HOUDINI again

:suburban:

Catch me or I go Houdini

Dua is so impactful I see

I just refuse to believe that her PR team and every person in that damn board room said yes to this song and MV as the lead. Surely they knew how easy it would be for people, reviewers, and even a layman to drag her :deadbanana2: 

Any other campy risk-averse concept would've been fine. She would've still been criticized (as she should), but here it's like they wanted to tape a fat ass sheet of paper on her back that says "kick me"

• Like 2

She's pathetic, but whoever consumes that **** is even worse.

• Like 2

So she's saying the first part is supposed to be about women saying they're empowered using classic feminist imagery but making it a joke by sexing it up, so that the message is "we're not about the male gaze", but actually it is? So then what is the message we're supposed to take away from that? Feminism is actually still about pleasing men? I still don't get it, even if it's sarcastic. 

Edited by SleepNoMore
  • Like 1

She's such an uncool cringe millennial

everything she does give the same vibes as the "gen z are trying to cancel eminem" tiktoks

• Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.