Nelly Furtado - '7'

kyliefever2002

11 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

katy: announces album with number as the title on september 20th

nelly: copy paste 

poor Adele, found dead in a ditch because Katy has an album coming out with a number as the title

• Haha 7

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Miracles

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• SchmoodRing

• algrominsky

wish the cover wasn't b&w ugh :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Both of my faves release the album on the same day I'll be broke. 

• Haha 3

Her being back on a major label is great. 

gorg

This cover would have worked so well with the logo from the Love Bites single cover, it's so plain without. Oh well.

I noticed her website's been updated to have a "tour" tab, where before it used to say "events" or "live". So I suppose she's touring this new record!

I'm a have to put some money aside for this!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, algrominsky said:

I noticed her website's been updated to have a "tour" tab, where before it used to say "events" or "live". So I suppose she's touring this new record!

I'm a have to put some money aside for this!! 

Good catch! UGHHH so exciting

Not on Katy's release day :jonny: 

Will be streaming both. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Between Corazón and Love Bites, it seems like it's gonna be a very eclectic album (not sure why they are sequenced one after the other tho lmfao)

• Like 1

Obsessed with Corazon ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

45 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Between Corazón and Love Bites, it seems like it's gonna be a very eclectic album (not sure why they are sequenced one after the other tho lmfao)

It's not awful but yeah it's giving playlist kind of album so far. Not really sold on Corazón yet but maybe it's a grower

wait corazon is such a banger

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

1 hour ago, ChooseyLover said:

It's not awful but yeah it's giving playlist kind of album so far. Not really sold on Corazón yet but maybe it's a grower

From Nelly's own post and album descripton it really will be a "playlist" album rather than a cohesive body of work. 

51 minutes ago, Paddy said:

From Nelly's own post and album descripton it really will be a "playlist" album rather than a cohesive body of work. 

That's a bit sad but on the other hand I'm even more intrigued by what else she may have up her sleeve

10 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

WTF that first photo is an outtake from Whoa, Nelly right? She looks straight out of 2000 :weeps:

Yeah that's the one I meant! STUNNING

3 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

That's a bit sad but on the other hand I'm even more intrigued by what else she may have up her sleeve

There could be many factors for this decision: i) too many songs to choose from... (I mean Nelly, you could have given us double album after 7 years of waiting...), too many collabs (I mean the album has 7 collabs I believe), musical styles and experimentation, she was probably also playing with different sounds hence 400-500 songs to choose from, also the fact that The Ride was coheasive and so was The Spirit Indestructible and they weren't successful... and also maybe she is just having fun and that's the important thing.

Here is what she said:

I made 400-500 pieces of music in 4 years. My ADHD doesn't always allow for me to organize creations in a methodical way so it's hard to explain how we have chosen 14 songs that magically rose to the top of the heap. Phew - they come together just by nature of being in the same collection, 7, kind of like random seashells that may be similar but not at all alike. So this album can't be listened to like audio wallpaper, or maybe it can depending on how you like to enjoy music but I don't even care if you skip songs, it's up to you how to enjoy it. I really mean that. My only intention was to provide some portals to trip out and release and escape.

I badly need music every single day. I badly need songs to listen to every single day. My brain doesn't even work without music.

• Thanks 4

I think a playlist style album is a smart move for Nelly. You have fans from her OG era, the Loose era, her latin music era, and her random features. How else do you make something to appeal to so many different kinds of fans? She's also been out of the game for a long time, so she probably wants to see what still works and also experiment a bit.

Such a shame that Timbaland blew the chance at making a huge comeback single with Keep Going Up. You can tell Nelly didn't think it was that great when she livestreamed with Timbaland who was acting like it was the next smash hit.

Edited by ThePopStop
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ThePopStop said:

I think a playlist style album is a smart move for Nelly. You have fans from her OG era, the Loose era, her latin music era, and her random features. How else do you make something to appeal to so many different kinds of fans? She's also been out of the game for a long time, so she probably wants to see what still works and also experiment a bit.

That's a great point!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.