• Dark Miracles

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• FranzJoseph

• algrominsky

Love this album didn't expect it to be so good 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 6:20 PM, FranzJoseph said:

Where is this video!?!?

She looks insanely good. With a better direction, this comeback could've been bigger.

• Like 2

I wasn't a fan of corazón but there's some really good songs on the album, floodgate (although it needs to be longer), ready for myself and honesty are my standouts so far.

I'm not crazy about this album. It could've been edgier and braver. Especially with SG Lewis.

Fantasy is a standout, though.

• Like 4

this is the third time she's attempted a comeback

idk maybe try night school at this point? :rip:

• Thumbs Down 12

12 minutes ago, gatito said:

So she should stop doing what she loves just because it's not commercial or successful? Have several seats. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, gatito said:

When did she label TSI, The Ride and 7 as her "comeback"? :rip:

if she was chasing bigger commercial success she would have clearly made different choices for the last 15+ years instead of - just to name a few - 

a) releasing an unconventional pop song like Big Hoops as her lead single from TSI when dance music dominated the scene in 2012

b) releasing an indie, independent album in 2017 with basically no singles being pushed and a video which costed about 500 dollars 

c) releasing an album in 2024 with no big names as features (excluding arguably Tove and SG Lewis which are not that big) but with artists she liked 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, gatito said:

She was not trying a comeback with The Ride lol

You must not have watched any of the reasons she made this album - she said she was surprised about how popular her songs were on Tiktok, how 16 years olds can recite all the words to the Loose singles at festivals and how DJ's keep remixing her songs. She said she felt called back to the industry by all the casual fans and she is having fun in the studio doing what she loves. She already ruled the world in the Loose era, she has nothing to prove and is just doing what she loves with a bunch of her friends.

• Like 4

Great album. Happy for her 

• Like 1

I'm glad she enjoyed the process and didn't stress and obsess over the length and stuff. It's a fun album but some tracks are so good and deserves to be longer than two minutes.

It would be cool if she would get back in the studio and let  the producers play around and see what they would do to extend the tracks.

• Like 2

Just recorded my reaction to this album and it was a surprise. I love her ballads and mids and there's a lot of them.

Save Your Breath is AH-MA-ZING

Yeah this album is good but honestly even listening to TSI it stomps on this. I wish I liked it more because I love Nelly. It just feels kind of all over the place and empty. Songs wayyyy too short. Is she somewhat signed to republic on a distribution deal?

• Like 1

This was nice. Surprised to see nothing with Timbaland made the cut.

• Like 1

If anybody here speaks portuguese <3

I'm obsessed with Floodgate :jonny6:

7 hours ago, gatito said:

She can try a million times if she wants, that's up to her and not you. :rip:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I made a playlist of the tracks on Loose and 7 and spent some time adjusting the order and I think I got it in a good order that flows really well and enhances both albums!!

Edited by Gladiator

9 hours ago, gatito said:

There is SO much misogyny on this forum towards female artists like Nelly and Katy who are not experiencing the same level of success as their peak and are therefore being urged to retire, absolutely deplorable.

Nelly in particular releases an album every 7 years now and has always been very hard to market, success is not why she's a musician. Wrap your head around it if you can.

• Like 5

really good album. :heart: 

showstopper - floodgate -better for worse is my trinity so far :heart:

I actually liked this a lot more than I thought I would! The Ride did absolutely nothing for me so I was gonna skip this all together, but happy I gave it a chance. It's a lot more upbeat than I thought it would be. My only two problems were:

- The ballads were incredibly underwhelming, which is odd to say for a Nelly album. Untitled was nice enough but I can do without the others (tho my opinion on this may change with more listens). 

- the songs are WAY too short. I don't care how old and out of touch I sound, I'll never get used to this short songs trend. Feels like I'm listening to a bunch of interludes back to back to back. 

Do we know when the deluxe is coming out?

• Like 1

I admire that this album is closer to her Loose material in a way and her more original sound. 

I love the 2nd half of the album from Ready For Myself to Untitled. Take Me Down is the new Say It Right to me and Fantasy is a slay too :heart2:

Overall a good album but i need the non Tik Tok version, some songs felt way too short

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.