Nelly Furtado - '7'

kyliefever2002

On 8/30/2024 at 11:12 AM, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

So far we have heard pieces and snippets of:

- showstopper (there is a longer snippet on FB)

- honesty (she posted multiple snippets)

- floodgate

- ready for myself

- unnamed songs #1 and #2

Unnamed song #1 is already released, it's actually Girl$ by Dom Dolla and has nothing to do with Nelly. 🙂

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Miracles

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• SchmoodRing

• algrominsky

57 minutes ago, algrominsky said:

Unnamed song #1 is already released, it's actually Girl$ by Dom Dolla and has nothing to do with Nelly. 🙂

Oh you are right, thanks! That's good to know since I wasn't too crazy about that one 😁 #2 sounds way better 

34 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

Oh you are right, thanks! That's good to know since I wasn't too crazy about that one 😁 #2 sounds way better 

Aye! I've been avoiding the snippets, cuz I'm kinda losing my hype... I'm still excited for the other SG song (he's a friend) but my hype for the album plummeted when she confirmed it was 14 songs and 37 minutes long... I can't do the short songs, they just don't grab my attention the same way Maneater and Promiscuous did. It's almost like they lack something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hopefully the physical editions will have longer mixes, or some alternate edits. But I don't really see that, it's 1LP and the max length per side is 20 minutes.

I'm sure it'll be great, just not up my alley.

Edited by algrominsky

from the snippets sounds like it'll be her best album since Loose 

49 minutes ago, algrominsky said:

Aye! I've been avoiding the snippets, cuz I'm kinda losing my hype... I'm still excited for the other SG song (he's a friend) but my hype for the album plummeted when she confirmed it was 14 songs and 37 minutes long... I can't do the short songs, they just don't grab my attention the same way Maneater and Promiscuous did. It's almost like they lack something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hopefully the physical editions will have longer mixes, or some alternate edits. But I don't really see that, it's 1LP and the max length per side is 20 minutes.

I'm sure it'll be great, just not up my alley.

I get what you mean, I'm not a fan of short songs either but as long as they don't feel incomplete I will be fine

All snippets sound great so far, and I've been waiting for a new record from her for ages so my hype is actually increasing as days go by

Edited by GiulioLIFESTYLE

10 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

I get what you mean, I'm not a fan of short songs either - as long as they don't feel incomplete I am fine

All snippets sound great so far, and I've been waiting for a new record from her for ages so my hype is increasing every day more

I feel the same. So far I don't feel like the songs, despite being on the short side, have sounded incomplete like let's say Miley's Gimmie What I Want or the Weeknd's HDIMYLM which are basically a 3rd chorus short of being pop perfection.

11 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

I get what you mean, I'm not a fan of short songs either but as long as they don't feel incomplete I will be fine

All snippets sound great so far, and I've been waiting for a new record from her for ages so my hype is actually increasing as days go by

That's true. I'm a big fan of 60s music, known for being short, and Corazón doesn't feel as short as it actually is. I am a bit worried about Honesty clocking in at 2:17 tho.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

I feel the same. So far I don't feel like the songs, despite being on the short side, have sounded incomplete like let's say Miley's Gimmie What I Want or the Weeknd's HDIMYLM which are basically a 3rd chorus short of being pop perfection.

Definitely, although, I did feel like Love Bites lacked that extra layer of "oomph" so it kinda sounded like it's stuck on a loop, and I have a hard time replaying it, which sucks, cuz SG's a good friend. But I was able to fix the problem that I had with it, by reworking the stems.

Edited by algrominsky
  • Like 1

perched to see if she would top her best album (The Ride) and her best song (Big Hoops), a reinha portuguesa 

Edited by Pendulum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

perched to see if she would top her best album (The Ride) and her best song (Big Hoops), a reinha portuguesa 

I don't know how she'll top The Ride. But that album got me through some stuff... 2017-2018 was not a pretty year for me.

40 minutes ago, algrominsky said:

Definitely, although, I did feel like Love Bites lacked that extra layer of "oomph" so it kinda sounded like it's stuck on a loop, and I have a hard time replaying it, which sucks, cuz SG's a good friend. But I was able to fix the problem that I had with it, but reworking the stems.

I agree LB improves immensely with the extra instrumentation in live performances. It reminds me of Parking Lot in that regard

• Like 2

Showstopper sounds amazing !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mediapitcher said:

Any ideas what her Grammys submissions might be?

Definitely Love Bites to Best Dance Pop Recording 

Corazon to Best Pop Duo/Group Performance? That one is hard to place because Corazon is such an interesting song with so many elements to it. 

• Like 1

She better announce today a new single (or double singles, if she is going with Honesty as that might be a bit too short) for next week :giraffe:

11 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

She better announce today a new single (or double singles, if she is going with Honesty as that might be a bit too short) for next week :giraffe:

She hasn't posted in the last few days. Maybe she'll come back with an announcement. Hopefully.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheBlackHack said:
She hasn't posted in the last few days. Maybe she'll come back with an announcement. Hopefully.

That's what I hope!

A visual album and/or mini tour would be amazing

I just found this album is coming out in three weeks? I've seen nobody talking about it, this is so sad :rip: 

still I'm excited she's finally releasing it after the long wait, Corazón is amazing :clap3:

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, indiroc said:

I just found this album is coming out in three weeks? I've seen nobody talking about it, this is so sad :rip: 

still I'm excited she's finally releasing it after the long wait, Corazón is amazing :clap3:

It is a pity, but don't let the lack of general interest and hype ruin the experience for you 😁

make sure to spam this on streaming on Sept 20th, you won't regret it :flame:

• Like 1

Gonna be a huge missed opportunity if Nelly doesn't perform at the VMAs..

• Like 1

New interview for Wonderland Magazine

at the end of it she mentions that the deluxe is coming as she has so much more material

Apparently they were going to include less songs in the album, but Nevis convinced her to have 14 otherwise the fans would be disappointed (thanks little queen:clap3:

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Gonna be a huge missed opportunity if Nelly doesn't perform at the VMAs..

Nelly is not big enough to perform at the VMAs. Loose Nelly, 100%. There's no point performing at the VMAs unless she's got a huge song. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BadHabits said:

Nelly is not big enough to perform at the VMAs. Loose Nelly, 100%. There's no point performing at the VMAs unless she's got a huge song. 

Her and Timbaland presenting last year + Taylor Swift fangirling for her backstage definitely got some buzz. I think a medley of the 3 big Loose Songs (Maneater, Say It Right + Promiscuous) with Honesty added in could be a nice moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.