Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

I see that a lot of people want Lifetime after hearing that snippet, and it does sound miles better than Woman's World…but she needs something sonically different to keep the era going. Lifetime is great for a promo single with the album release (and make it a single later on if people respond to it since it's very European centric), but Gimme Gimme sounds like a better option right now because it's different than WW, it has a chiller vibe, it has some potential with the genz audience because of the urban feel etc. Nirvana is good but the lyrics sound similar to WW in a way that they're very chatgpt'd buzzwords. Maybe it would be a better 3rd or 4th single idk. 

this is what I think would be better:

2nd single- Gimme Gimme

promo single a week before album release- Lifetimes

3rd single- Nirvana

4th single- Lifetimes(?)

5th single- Im His He's Mine

this is based on the snippets we've heard so far ofc, there might be better single choices on the album. 

Woman's World isn't a terrible song by itself but so many things surrounding it made it into a perfect storm of disaster (the chatgpt'd buzzword lyrics, the dated production, the woman empowerment theme done to death before by Katy herself yet produced by puke this time, the haters waiting with baited breaths for years to find an excuse to dunk on it and finding the perfect excuse, the video being a formulaic mess, the song itself sounding super basic despite a 4 years wait etc etc). I would be lying if I said a part of me didn't see this coming, but of course, with Katy, everything is exaggerated and the  hatred for her runs deep. Now it's better to just move on from this as quickly as possible. Even if not for commercial success, which might not happen since she has limited fanbase and the gp isn't interested, but at least to keep the era going decently. I hope her team is watching and learning and making correct decisions. 

• Like 5

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

I saw someone on TikTok say WW was chosen because Smile ended with What Makes a Woman. Literally the last line in the album was 

Yeah, that's what makes a woman
(There it is, Katheryn)

And she sang it at the American Idol finale. She ended Smile telling people what makes a woman, and now she is starting this era with Woman's World.

Damn she is so corny I believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm like Amazon,I got what you need

:rip: This is what you all want as 2nd single? :toofunny2:

• Haha 5

Y'all better vote for Nirvana istg. She desperately needs to show she levelled up and midtempos have always been her best songs overall. Make a beautiful Unconditionally style video for it in the same art direction as her album covers. Just Katy's classic, otherworldly beauty in aesthetically pleasing sets (no silly humour like the urinal scene in WW)

Lifetimes is in the same ballpark as Illusion which did nothing for Dua's era, don't think that's the way to go even if it sounds good.

• Like 2

Woman's World, I'm His, He's Mine, and Gorgeous, these tracks can immediately turn some people off because it can alienate a lot of segments of the audience. And I'm on the older end of gen z or a zillennial, some, really MOST, really ALL of the sounds on the album are not trendy anymore. My gen LOVES HIH, Feels, and Teenage Dream (the song), maybe some of OOTB in there like Waking Up in Vegas. This album is so far from that but I guess they can still work with what they have. Including Dr. Luke on the album is shocking and not a good look and I say this as a fan of Kim and Katy's catalogue. They're in hot water now with all these poor decisions. It's surprising how out of touch the people around her seem to be

I'm surprised she hasn't shared a snippet of the Kim song. I wonder if that means something.

2 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

I'm surprised she hasn't shared a snippet of the Kim song. I wonder if that means something.

I think Gorgeous is the song

I love Katy, and this has nothing to do with her working with Dr. Puke, which is unforgivable, but the music is just disappointing, especially when you compare it to OOTB or TD which are the back to back masterpieces. Everyone wants her to revisit that sound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She needs her Joanne era more than anything now. She better release that acoustic album next year.

The more the days go by, the more this feels like Witness 2.0 (sound wise).

At least it's not generic and boring like what Smile was.

• Like 1

I know that I'll love Lifetime and listen to it on loop, but I have to say that it's probably not the right decision for commercial success, I think it's not what works on charts right now. Thinking of that, probably I'm his, He's mine could be the best option. I know it's not a fan favorite, but I feel it'd work on TikTok. Plus I have to say that I think the sample works perfectly for the song, maybe in this case the "revival" effect could works. 

Nirvana is maybe too different from what gp expects from her, while I'm pretty sure Gimme gimme would be mocked the same as WW.

Idk, it's so difficult to decide, especially when she's criticized regardless. :gaycat7:

• Like 1

She should release the next single ASAP. Like, this Friday, and spam it to TTH.

It's the only way.

We will have Katy's back and stream Katy's second single. Make sure to defend Katy.

IMG_9723.thumb.gif.2c78f23ecdd2d4a3538faf4c8e57af46.gif 

• Like 4

And what about that video that insiders said it was already filmed and seemed like a part 2 of Unconditionally video? Do you think it was fake or what? 

@xtino

Nirvana and Gimme Gimme are produced by Dr Fluke? 

Maybe capitol didn't want to invest in WW much (no playlisting etc) because of the controversy around it cuz it doesn't make any sense they treat it like a promo single? Lifetimes sounds the best out of the snippets we heard but I agree that Gimme Gimme sounds more gp friendly 

Remove dr Luke and this album will be save

Edited by Cyber
  • Like 1

i'd say release two songs as the next single

Lifetimes for Europe and the rest of the world

Gimme Gimme for US/North America

and i agree with another post above, she should release KP7 (the acoustic album) as soon as next year, then tour for both albums

34 minutes ago, Cyber said:

i fear the whole album will be removed then

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

I see that a lot of people want Lifetime after hearing that snippet, and it does sound miles better than Woman's World…but she needs something sonically different to keep the era going. Lifetime is great for a promo single with the album release (and make it a single later on if people respond to it since it's very European centric), but Gimme Gimme sounds like a better option right now because it's different than WW, it has a chiller vibe, it has some potential with the genz audience because of the urban feel etc. Nirvana is good but the lyrics sound similar to WW in a way that they're very chatgpt'd buzzwords. Maybe it would be a better 3rd or 4th single idk. 

this is what I think would be better:

2nd single- Gimme Gimme

promo single a week before album release- Lifetimes

3rd single- Nirvana

4th single- Lifetimes(?)

5th single- Im His He's Mine

this is based on the snippets we've heard so far ofc, there might be better single choices on the album. 

Woman's World isn't a terrible song by itself but so many things surrounding it made it into a perfect storm of disaster (the chatgpt'd buzzword lyrics, the dated production, the woman empowerment theme done to death before by Katy herself yet produced by puke this time, the haters waiting with baited breaths for years to find an excuse to dunk on it and finding the perfect excuse, the video being a formulaic mess, the song itself sounding super basic despite a 4 years wait etc etc). I would be lying if I said a part of me didn't see this coming, but of course, with Katy, everything is exaggerated and the  hatred for her runs deep. Now it's better to just move on from this as quickly as possible. Even if not for commercial success, which might not happen since she has limited fanbase and the gp isn't interested, but at least to keep the era going decently. I hope her team is watching and learning and making correct decisions. 

The official rollout should've been:

1st single: Nirvana

2nd single: gimme gimme

3rd single: Artificial

Promo single: Woman's world/Lifetimes

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FabForAThrowback said:

I know that I'll love Lifetime and listen to it on loop, but I have to say that it's probably not the right decision for commercial success, I think it's not what works on charts right now. Thinking of that, probably I'm his, He's mine could be the best option. I know it's not a fan favorite, but I feel it'd work on TikTok. Plus I have to say that I think the sample works perfectly for the song, maybe in this case the "revival" effect could works. 

Nirvana is maybe too different from what gp expects from her, while I'm pretty sure Gimme gimme would be mocked the same as WW.

Idk, it's so difficult to decide, especially when she's criticized regardless. :gaycat7:

definitely NOT with those lyrics :rip:

she'd become an even bigger laughing stock

10 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Lifetime sounds so much like Tension by Kylie, don't you think so?

So many songs have that kind of house piano in it! Tension by Kylie, Sacrifice by Bebe Rexha, Ghost by Ava Max, even Break My Soul by Beyonce has some of it… and now Lifetime

It just works!

She should go for Nirvana or Lifetime and give it a great video. She presented the record as dance and fun, so at least let the fans have a single that actually represents the album and that leaves a positive impression. 

Don't pick songs with a 'message' or with controversial lyrics like Gimme Gimme (which would be seen as an attempt to repeat Dark Horse) or I'm His He's Mine. 

2 hours ago, Cyber said:

I doubt she can do that even if she wants

I think Nirvana is the best option (as long as Luke isn't on it). It doesn't really sound like she's trying to recreate past hits and the US is done with her anyway so at least catering to Europe and Australia/New Zealand will give her career a second wind. 

she should cut WW off the album:gaycat7:I can already see her lashings for making a song titled Womans World but getting horny in Gimme Gimme :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.