Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Is that good or bad?

good but the ww tweet also had a lot of likes and we all know how that turned out :shutup:

• Like 1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

8 hours ago, Bends said:

How many times does one person from the USA have to listen to an album in order for it to count as one sale?

I made an agreement with my friends from California, they agreed to play it "a couple of times" with contempt in their eyes.

I found out about the quantity. My friend was furious. I once helped her with her university exams, so she doesn't have a chance to refuse me. :toofunny2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope after release of this album she is going to have another music break for her own mental health. Lets be honest more Katy music is always great and I'm hyped for this album I oredered singed CD but in this situation it would be the best for her. GP is not interested. Twitter is having another hate train. Critics probably will panned 143. Even if VMA performance would be good GP will probably care only about old music. Tour is also a bad idea maybe if she would do eras tour people would care but there are high chances of another J.Lo situation. Maybe miracle will happen and one of album songs will click with GP just like Dark Horse in the past but yeah it's not that easy.. 

Edited by BlueBlue
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Is that good or bad?

people usually consider tweets with 100k+ likes viral, so i'd say it's good, but most of her tweets gain a lot of traction and that... doesn't really mean anything

18 minutes ago, Bends said:

I found out about the quantity. My friend was furious. I once helped her with her university exams, so she doesn't have a chance to refuse me. :toofunny2:

well, share with the class!

1 hour ago, ainadalkaz said:

people usually consider tweets with 100k+ likes viral, so i'd say it's good, but most of her tweets gain a lot of traction and that... doesn't really mean anything

well, share with the class!

1 500 plays on Premium = 1 sold copy.

• Confused 1

By the video she's just posted, Firework's gonna be performed for sure... we never doubted that anyway:laugh:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bends said:

I wonder how that translates to Apple Music... or Tidal for that matter

29 minutes ago, FabForAThrowback said:

By the video she's just posted, Firework's gonna be performed for sure... we never doubted that anyway:laugh:

I think she will make 9/11 tribute with Firework. 

1 hour ago, BlueBlue said:

I hope after release of this album she is going to have another music break for her own mental health. Lets be honest more Katy music is always great and I'm hyped for this album I oredered singed CD but in this situation it would be the best for her. GP is not interested. Twitter is having another hate train. Critics probably will panned 143. Even if VMA performance would be good GP will probably care only about old music. Tour is also a bad idea maybe if she would do eras tour people would care but there are high chances of another J.Lo situation. Maybe miracle will happen and one of album songs will click with GP just like Dark Horse in the past but yeah it's not that easy.. 

Absolutely not. Woman's World just should've never been a thing. Lifetimes was right there. Safe. Digestible. A bop. It being about a daughter would've also directed the conversations and kept things light. While low budget the video is cute and fits the vibe. Honestly so far the collaborations are what seems to be like the weakest songs from what we've heard. IHHM and GG sound cute but are way too obvious that they're just rehashes of songs that she's given us before. What Katy needs to do is promote and be everywhere pushing the music. The radio interviews are cute but where are the award show performances? Rock In Rio is a great start and getting the MTV VANGUARD will hopefully also remind people of who she is and what she's contributed to pop culture. Literally the only stain in this era is her association with Luke which has hindered and influenced the way that people have perceived her so theirs alot of work that she needs to put in and get back the hype and good will that she clearly had before the era started. It's ironic that you've mentioned her needing a mental health when unless she's a great actress she's been looking and acting like she's living her best life and looking great while doing so. The GP actually WAS interested. The hate train is out of control and a beast that isn't gonna go anywhere if she doesn't counter it with putting in the work. Critics never liked Katy so I'm not even gonna factor them into the equation. If I were her I'd also book Glastonbury, Coachella, 
Gov Ball and Lollapalooza to reintroduce and remind people of the pop star she always was and still is in my opinion. Don't think that we can compare this to JLo's hate train since that in itself is a whole different thing. Selling this as a "greatest hits tour" calling it THE LIFETIMES TOUR where she obviously performs old hits but also perform majority of the songs from Lifetimes obviously and definitely Smile. I'd love to experience Electric, Never Really Over, Teary Eyes, Harley's In Hawaii, Cry About It Later, Not The End Of The World 

and Tucked in a live setting. Also another big help with selling the tour would be for it to not be an extensive. Keep it at like 50 to 60 dates and only perform one date in major cities to ensure selling out also with a solid opener(s) that would also help pull and draw an audience. Crush and Nirvana sound amazing and would've been great follow ups as singles. Also knowing our luck watch the bonus tracks Have No Tears For New Years, Ok, I Woke Up & Has A Heart wash some of the standard and she better perform them as well on tour too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bends said:

so basically i bought witness 3 times (3k+ plays on spotify & 1 physical copy) :party::toofunny2:

• Like 1

Even tho singles choices were not really good, I hope Katy do not give up on the era, at least another single in like 2-3 months and give us some nice perfomances, maybe some live sessions, even if it bombs but at least to have something to be excited about. I have not heard the other songs snippets but Katy always deliver some bops and I wish we get to see Katy perfom them :bird:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueBlue said:

Touring is more optimistic than new music for all older artists though. When people use a "legacy act" as an insult, a part of that is the ability to still be able to make money off of performing. I think the JLo situation was more so people claiming this was no longer her job and were questioning her ability as a performer, warranted or not. In 2024, she's thought of as an actress before a touring popstar. Katy is known for being a singer first and known for big entertaining shows. If anything, her tours and shows are a lot stronger than anything she's released since 2013. Male artists consistently tour even when their recent albums and singles underperform. 

For instance, I have a friend who really didn't like WW and laughed at it but when I asked if she would want to get tickets to her tour she said definitely so it all just depends on if people already enjoy her hits. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Paultea said:

Touring is more optimistic than new music for all older artists though. When people use a "legacy act" as an insult, a part of that is the ability to still be able to make money off of performing. I think the JLo situation was more so people claiming this was no longer her job and were questioning her ability as a performer, warranted or not. In 2024, she's thought of as an actress before a touring popstar. Katy is known for being a singer first and known for big entertaining shows. If anything, her tours and shows are a lot stronger than anything she's released since 2013. Male artists consistently tour even when their recent albums and singles underperform. 

For instance, I have a friend who really didn't like WW and laughed at it but when I asked if she would want to get tickets to her tour she said definitely so it all just depends on if people already enjoy her hits. 

EXACTLY:clap3:

1 minute ago, thismoment said:

How many hours left till the VMAs? 

6:duca:

• Like 2

Katy, this is your last chance to impress GP and save yourself from chart elimination. 

• Haha 3

Katy Perry is going to make one of her best performances tonight at Vmas. She's using butterflies drones! It will be iconic!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, oneoftheboys said:

Katy Perry is going to make one of her best performances tonight at Vmas. She's using butterflies drones! It will be iconic!

It will be one for the books!

• Like 2

If she was smart she'd announce the tour right after the performance but maybe they havent figured all the logistics up yet

• Like 1

:WAP:  i miss her live performances so much,   :weeps::heart2: 

• Like 3

I hope she will serve iconic look, not these Y2K second hand pretty prostitute mess. 

at-evita-night-club-ig-august-2024-v0-72

Edited by Bends
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

she better show black long hair tonight :jonny6::heart2:

• Like 1

This is her last shot on having some good press before the album release so I hope she slays and don't **** this up

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, znake said:

she better show black long hair tonight :jonny6::heart2:

rexfeatures_1004045me.jpg?w=800

VS. 

?uuid=866978C9-1F53-489F-A440-BBB8CA041E

❤️ First

🤪 Second

Edited by Bends
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.