Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

53 minutes ago, Burqa said:

where did the names for the bonus tracks come from? and what happened to other songs like Wave or Sexual?

correct if I'm wrong but some semi reliable accounts said these were the names for the bonus tracks (No Tears For New Years, I Woke Up). the tweets were posted also on this thread few pages back and one insider has been talking about NTFNY. Gorgeous is the Sexual track, and Artificial is the Waves track based on the descriptions.

Screenshot3-34-07.png

Screenshot3-33-42.png

Edited by alexaalto
  • Like 2

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

I've sent already known lyrics or parts from 143 to gain some "insights" about other tracks:

1. All the Love

All the love, just for you

My heart beats, true and new

Give me all, give me all

All the love, I'll catch it all

2. Artificial

Fake smile, empty heart

Faded dreams, falling apart

Can't feel it, can't touch it

Artificial, I can't clutch it

3. Truth

Let it out, set me free

The truth is all I need to see

Open up, let it flow

The truth is all I know

4. Wonder

What if, what if, what if?

The future's a mystery, a gift

Every day, a new surprise

Wonder, wonder, open your eyes

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bends said:

I've sent already known lyrics or parts from 143 to gain some "insights" about other tracks:

1. All the Love

All the love, just for you

My heart beats, true and new

Give me all, give me all

2. Artificial

Fake smile, empty heart

Faded dreams, falling apart

3. Truth

Let it out, set me free

The truth is all I need to see

Open up, let it flow

The truth is all I know

4. Wonder

What if, what if, what if?

The future's a mystery, a gift

Every day, a new surprise

Wonder, wonder, open your eyes

Are these real? We also have these lyrics from...:

"ARTIFICIAL":

You got me hooked on your algorithm

Are you real or artificial?

"TRUTH":

… treated me different

Tell me, what's going through your mind?

You're actin' so distant

Who do you see when you close your eyes?

"OKAY":

… so we just get wasted

Let's make a toast to everything we been through

'Cause I don't always like you

But I'm always gonna love you

Everybody say "hey"

All confirmed by @sam.teas!

1 hour ago, skwonderfactory said:

Are these real? We also have these lyrics from...:

Generated by GPT by the patterns of already published lyrics. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bends said:

Give me all, give me all

:toofunny2:

Finally we're in release month  :surfsup: 

• Like 2

19 days until skipping woman's world (possibly gimme gimme too) and listening to the rest of the album :party:

• Haha 1

dear god, pls let artificial not be one of drlukes productions.... the name is too good to be ruined

fejqx8ypktld1.gif

• Like 1

We are officially less than 3 weeks away!! I can not wait to see the art direction of this album with the full photoshoot and booklet.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

We are officially less than 3 weeks away!! I can not wait to see the art direction of this album with the full photoshoot and booklet.

To think we have waited FOUR years. :weeps:

I remember during Witness Worldwide she said "you'll never wait that long again." Girl, promise this time :weeps:

• Like 8

September is here :party:

Let's start with MTV VMAS comercials all of them are :flame:

2009:

2013:

2017:

Katy truly deserves Video Vanguard :WAP:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

2009:

2013:

2017:

SO EXCITED:jonny5:

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

2009:

2013:

2017:

Thanks for sharring. I never saw the 2009 one. That was cute. The fact that Russel Brand followed up Katy saying "I'm gonna bang Lady Gaga." :rip: :lmao:

2 hours ago, Ramcoro said:

To think we have waited FOUR years. :weeps:

I remember during Witness Worldwide she said "you'll never wait that long again." Girl, promise this time :weeps:

After 143 comes out the earliest that would be plausible for her release another album again is towards the end of 2026, considering 2025/early-mid 2026 she would be touring.

Even so I highly doubt she would do that based on the timeframes she's always waited in between albums. :toofunny2:

I'm excited for her VMA's performance and the album to come out, but I kind of just want this era to be over all ready. :heart2:

She needs to get something fresh for her next album and avoid any type of controversies. She has plenty of money to basically tap any producers & writers she wants. 

I really wish she would say something about her decisions this era to at least attempt to clear her name but I highly doubt that will ever happen either. :suburban:

5 minutes ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

After 143 comes out the earliest that would be plausible for her release another album again is towards the end of 2026, considering 2025/early-mid 2026 she would be touring.

Even so I highly doubt she would do that based on the timeframes she's always waited in between albums. :toofunny2:

I'm excited for her VMA's performance and the album to come out, but I kind of just want this era to be over all ready. :heart2:

She needs to get something fresh for her next album and avoid any type of controversies. She has plenty of money to basically tap any producers & writers she wants. 

I really wish she would say something about her decisions this era to at least attempt to clear her name but I highly doubt that will ever happen either. :suburban:

I don't think it's just a money thing. I feel like creativity and control over the direction are big factors. Big producers might not want to be attached to a "has been" or require some stupid/strict strings attached. Big producers also have busy schedules and their own goals/priorities... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

I think this time she won't take too much time in between because there's the necessity of overshadowing fastly this era. Plus she said she has already in mind another couple of albums to do.

Oh KP7 the raw/acoustic/redeeming album you will be! 

• Like 1

Can't wait for her VMA performance. With Katy, you never know what she will do on the stage. 

I really hope they do some epic medley like this one:

I hope she give us a powerful emotional vocal/acoustic moment:allears:

20 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

It is pity music videos so far and songs are not on the visual level of album cover and photoshoot.

Hit n Classic better be included in her medley. :jonny5:

Expected setlist:

1. "I Kissed a Girl"

2. "Thinking of You"

3. "Roar"

4. "Woman's World"

5. "Teenage Dream"

6. "I'm His, He's Mine" 

7. "Fireworks" 

15 hours ago, Ramcoro said:

I don't think it's just a money thing. I feel like creativity and control over the direction are big factors. Big producers might not want to be attached to a "has been" or require some stupid/strict strings attached. Big producers also have busy schedules and their own goals/priorities... 

I don't think it's about money necessarily either, and I agree with you on that second part as well.

It's just kinda crazy to think how much she has fallen off. Obviously she isn't going to recreate Teenage Dream's success but this is low-key abysmal. :rip:

6 hours ago, FabForAThrowback said:

I think this time she won't take too much time in between because there's the necessity of overshadowing fastly this era. Plus she said she has already in mind another couple of albums to do.

Oh KP7 the raw/acoustic/redeeming album you will be! 

Hopefully that's the case! If she does end up doing an acoustic album hopefully she goes back to Greg Wells because he has worked on some of her best ballads/slower songs in my opinion. :heart2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

Hopefully that's the case! If she does end up doing an acoustic album hopefully she goes back to Greg Wells because he has worked on some of her best ballads/slower songs in my opinion. :heart2:

I agree. And Greg Kurstin too: Spiritual is def one of my favorite songs ever, it's such a standing out track in her discography and her voice suits so well that genre. 

• Like 2

The way everyone was excited for this era and now even fans are jumping ship :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.