Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

Just now, FabForAThrowback said:

Idk why but I have high expectations for these two songs, the titles give me the idea they're something different from the rest. 

I'm hoping these are the "teenage dream" esque songs she's mentioned 

• Like 2

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

So far I think WW is one of the TD part, Lifetimes and GG (cause is very Dark Horse coded) are in Prism part, Nirvana, IHHM, Crush and Gorgeous are in the new part. What do you think? 

Based on this LQ youtube snippet few weeks ago I had a bit higher hopes for the HQ gimme gimme since her part has been an earworm to me but the new "MQ/HQ" snippet kinda lacks something imo. maybe that low quality youtube snippet gave a space for imagination to hear what the track could have sounded like.

On the other hand, I really do hope that rent-a-rapper starts the song. As an Apple Music user it is just easy to set a new starting time and cut him away from the start of the song without effecting the streams and stuff cause katy's part still sounds nice:katie2:

• Haha 2

On 8/27/2024 at 12:22 AM, Ramcoro said:

ZEDD OF CALVIN HARRIS COLLAB.

Can she work with them again and release droplets with them asap

On 8/28/2024 at 6:12 PM, alexaalto said:

4 from the og tracklist but 5 or 6 if we count the bonus tracks also?

target exclusive has a bonus track and at least the Deluxe purple vinyl variant has a bonus track

idk if target and purple vinyl have the same track or different. if it is the same track then 5, if different then 6:party:

Deluxe purple vinyl

Target Exclusive

1. Okay

2. I Woke Up

3. No Tears For New Year's 

4. Mirage (?)

5. TBA

6. TBA

Knowing our luck watch all of the bonus/deluxe tracks wash the standard nnn

On 8/29/2024 at 10:25 AM, LionH3art said:

I hope the deluxe will also be released on spotify this time, rip high on your supply

Why isn't this dumb ***** releasing the deluxe edition of SMILE with High On Your Supply, Small Talk, Energy and Save Me Some Tonight ugh

On 8/29/2024 at 12:01 PM, Human Fly said:

She could've easily call BloodPop to give her a hit top20 lead single. 

The cultural collapse if Katy would've served us her own Capital Letters

On 8/29/2024 at 12:06 PM, popstickle said:

Stuart Price 

I do wonder which songs Max Martin produced too since he's been confirmed for the album. 

Stuart Price would've been great and yeah I'm confused we were told that she reunited with Max Martin yet he's nowhere on the credits unless he got relegated to deluxe, bonus edition tracks

On 8/29/2024 at 7:08 PM, popstickle said:

Yeah she's really shown how out of touch her decision making is this era and you kind of wonder if TD and Prism were the flukes now, rather than the standard

Idk why it's so shocking that she would choose WW as the lead when empowerment songs are her bread and butter (Roar, Rise, Firework, etc). 

So ofc they would turn to WW. 

The backlash is due to many reasons ... largely working with Dr. Luke on a female empowerment anthem. 

The lyrics were very basic in the verses. 

There was no bridge. 

There were virtually no adlibs. 

The snippet sounded very monotonous. 

The music video was high budget, but the storyline made zero sense and was all over the place. 

What was the point of the "who are you?" in the MV ... we'll never know. 

She tried to manufacture a TikTok dance in the MV when we all know that viral dances happen organically. 

I love Katy, but I blame most of these decisions on her team. 

They're completely incompetent. 

They really led her down the wrong path. 

Also, where's all the promo?

We wany payola, and we want Capitol to open the coffers. 

Her lead single should've been a feature to make a bigger splash. 

Just a wild idea, but imagine how big a splash she woulda made had she collaborated with a major Latin artist like Bad Bunny on her return to pop superstar? 

Not saying it had do be him, but it's just an idea. 

Instead, we didn't get that, and the features that are on the album are headscratchers cuz Doechi and 21 Savage? 

Those people don't move the needle ... no offense to them. 

And if she was going to bring Dr. Luke back into the mix, she should've also called in Max Martin to co-produce, and she should've begged Bonnie McKee to return to co-write. 

Don't get me wrong, I still think the quality of work seems to be more promising than Smile, which I consider to be one of her weakest albums, but her team/label really botched her return to pop stardom. 

Edited by truth-over-factz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, truth-over-factz said:

Idk why it's so shocking that she would choose WW as the lead when empowerment songs are her bread and butter (Roar, Rise, Firework, etc). 

So ofc they would turn to WW. 

The backlash is due to many reasons ... largely working with Dr. Luke on a female empowerment anthem. 

The lyrics were very basic in the verses. 

There was no bridge. 

There were virtually no adlibs. 

The snippet sounded very monotonous. 

The music video was high budget, but the storyline made zero sense and was all over the place. 

What was the point of the "who are you?" in the MV ... we'll never know. 

She tried to manufacture a TikTok dance in the MV when we all know that viral dances happen organically. 

I love Katy, but I blame most of these decisions on her team. 

They're completely incompetent. 

They really led her down the wrong path. 

Also, where's all the promo?

We wany payola, and we want Capitol to open the coffers. 

Her lead single should've been a feature to make a bigger splash. 

Just a wild idea, but imagine how big a splash she woulda made had she collaborated with a major Latin artist like Bad Bunny on her return to pop superstar? 

Not saying it had do be him, but it's just an idea. 

Instead, we didn't get that, and the features that are on the album are headscratchers cuz Doechi and 21 Savage? 

Those people don't move the needle ... no offense to them. 

And if she was going to bring Dr. Luke back into the mix, she should've also called in Max Martin to co-produce, and she should've begged Bonnie McKee to return to co-write. 

Don't get me wrong, I still think the quality of work seems to be more promising than Smile, which I consider to be one of her weakest albums, but her team/label really botched her return to pop stardom. 

Smile is a great pop album. It had heart and signature Katy all over. She should've ran to anyone else but Luke for this album. She had options like SG Lewis, Cirkut or Calvin Harris, Alesso, Zedd, Max Martin again.

She also needs co writers. Sarah Hudson ain't cutting it anymore. Bring back Bonnie McKee and add Tove Lo and Charli XCX into the mix 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I'm excited for the tour. 

I know must haves are definitely gonna be I Kissed A Girl, Firework and Dark Horse but she should still incorporate Witness and especially Smile since she didn't get to tour it. 

Recommendations

• Roulette and Deja Vu for the true Katycats! Chained To The Rythm, Bon Appetit or Swish Swish if they need a more known song from the album to be included 

• Never Really Over, Harley's In Hawaii, Cry About It Later, Tucked, Not The End Of The World, Teary Eyes from Smile

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Smile is a great pop album. It had heart and signature Katy all over. She should've ran to anyone else but Luke for this album. She had options like SG Lewis, Cirkut or Calvin Harris, Alesso, Zedd, Max Martin again.

She also needs co writers. Sarah Hudson ain't cutting it anymore. Bring back Bonnie McKee and add Tove Lo and Charli XCX into the mix 

She will def do after she will leave Capitol, + it's all about label. Read the new article of Clean Bandit and Charli XCX what they said about their labels. Label use artists like their own products, if u sign a contract with a label u become their product. U won't have ur ideas, ur own style, ur opinion. It's like a game, they will create another person, killing everything from ur previous persona. But fæds from twitter and atrl ain't ready for this conversation 

41 minutes ago, bebinna said:

She will def do after she will leave Capitol, + it's all about label. Read the new article of Clean Bandit and Charli XCX what they said about their labels. Label use artists like their own products, if u sign a contract with a label u become their product. U won't have ur ideas, ur own style, ur opinion. It's like a game, they will create another person, killing everything from ur previous persona. But fæds from twitter and atrl ain't ready for this conversation 

On the other hand, are we well aware that Katy has been pulling the strings from her team with Unconditionally over Legendary Lovers, Birthday MV, Rise at Hillary Clinton event instead of Rio Olympics, and other crazy ideas, because she was a cash cow surrounded by yes-men.

1 hour ago, Bends said:

On the other hand, are we well aware that Katy has been pulling the strings from her team with Unconditionally over Legendary Lovers, Birthday MV, Rise at Hillary Clinton event instead of Rio Olympics, and other crazy ideas, because she was a cash cow surrounded by yes-men.

Funny you called her a cash cow when those decisions you cited were more artistic/personal choices rather than the obvious commercial/safe choice. 

At Prism she was at the point where every decisions did not have to be about the "charts."

This album is so going to be panned and for the first time it will be totally deserved :toofunny3:

• Like 1

the 21 savage verse :toofunny2: go ahead girl give us absolutely nothing 

i hope we get a hq crush snippet next :WAP: 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

I'm excited for the tour. 

I know must haves are definitely gonna be I Kissed A Girl, Firework and Dark Horse but she should still incorporate Witness and especially Smile since she didn't get to tour it. 

Recommendations

• Roulette and Deja Vu for the true Katycats! Chained To The Rythm, Bon Appetit or Swish Swish if they need a more known song from the album to be included 

• Never Really Over, Harley's In Hawaii, Cry About It Later, Tucked, Not The End Of The World, Teary Eyes from Smile

I can't see her performing all those songs from Smile/Witness.

Songs she will have to do 

I Kissed A Girl

Hot N Cold

California Gurls

Teenage Dream

Firework

Last Friday Night

TOTGA

Roar

Dark Horse

Chained to the Rhythm

Never Really Over

Then 143 songs

We are already at 22 songs without including the deluxe tracks :rip:

If not even including songs she should do like E.T., TOY, and Harleys In Hawaii. And she'll probably do Daisies which she loves.

She did 23 songs at Play but that included covers and mashups. It's kind of a good problem to have too many hits and not know what to perform 

On 8/28/2024 at 3:12 PM, alexaalto said:

4 from the og tracklist but 5 or 6 if we count the bonus tracks also?

target exclusive has a bonus track and at least the Deluxe purple vinyl variant has a bonus track

idk if target and purple vinyl have the same track or different. if it is the same track then 5, if different then 6:party:

Deluxe purple vinyl

Target Exclusive

So there's at least 1 bonus track on purple vinyl? 

Is my signed copy going to have the bonus track? :angry:

Katy gurl, I'm not made of money. :sad:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

So there's at least 1 bonus track on purple vinyl? 

Is my signed copy going to have the bonus track? :angry:

Katy gurl, I'm not made of money. :sad:

yea apparently, at least on the website it says "bonus track" if you go through the link. let's hope it's not the same as target one or even worse some remix:ahh:

2 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

yea apparently, at least on the website it says "bonus track" if you go through the link. let's hope it's not the same as target one or even worse some remix:ahh:

Girl, I will be so mad. :noparty:

51 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

I can't see her performing all those songs from Smile/Witness.

Songs she will have to do 

I Kissed A Girl

Hot N Cold

California Gurls

Teenage Dream

Firework

Last Friday Night

TOTGA

Roar

Dark Horse

Chained to the Rhythm

Never Really Over

Then 143 songs

We are already at 22 songs without including the deluxe tracks :rip:

If not even including songs she should do like E.T., TOY, and Harleys In Hawaii. And she'll probably do Daisies which she loves.

She did 23 songs at Play but that included covers and mashups. It's kind of a good problem to have too many hits and not know what to perform 

Ngl I wish some overused hits will be shortened and fused in medleys in order to give space to not usual but beloved songs. 

@xtino @sam.teas Sisters, leak the final credits to end any remaining hope for this era. Streets were saying Gorgeous and Artificial are also Luke (which makes sense since Rocco Valdes has shared the Gorgeous clip on IG), making it at least 10/13 songs he did.

01. Woman's World - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Chloe Angelides, Aaron Joseph, Vaughn Oliver, Rocco Did It Again!
02. Gimme Gimme - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke21 Savage, Ferras, Lunchmoney Lewis, Theron ThomasRyan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!
03. Gorgeous - TBD
04. I'm His, He's Mine - Katy Perry, Dr. LukeDoechii, Ferras, Lunchmoney LewisRyan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again! (Samples "Gypsy Woman" by Crystal Waters)
05. Crush - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Emily Warren, Theron ThomasRyan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!, DallasK, KBeaZy, Scott Harris
06. Lifetimes - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Lunchmoney Lewis, Theron ThomasVaughn Oliver, Rocco Did It Again!
07. All The Love - TBD
08. Nirvana - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Emily Warren, Theron ThomasAaron Joseph, Vaughn Oliver, Ryan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!DallasK, KBeaZy, Scott Harris
09. Artificial - TBD
10. Truth - TBD
11. Wonder - TBD
12. No Tears For New Years (Bonus Track) - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Ferras, Theron Thomas, Ryan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!
13. I Woke Up (Bonus Track) - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Lunchmoney Lewis, Theron ThomasVaughn Oliver, Ryan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, alexaalto said:

There is one bonus track on the Exclusive Deluxe Purple Vinyl and one bonus track on the Target Exclusive editions (CD and vinyl). But they are two different songs and not the same one; neither is a remix.

——————————————

How is it possible that the official "GIMME GIMME" snippet posted on Instagram sounds worse then the one Katy played on the stream? Like maybe the audio quality is just terrible but… yeah…

• Like 1

Wait wait where did the idea that there were 6 bonus tracks come from? I know of the Target & KP store ones already

1 hour ago, Communion said:

@xtino @sam.teas Sisters, leak the final credits to end any remaining hope for this era. Streets were saying Gorgeous and Artificial are also Luke (which makes sense since Rocco Valdes has shared the Gorgeous clip on IG), making it at least 10/13 songs he did.

01. Woman's World - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Chloe Angelides, Aaron Joseph, Vaughn Oliver, Rocco Did It Again!
02. Gimme Gimme - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke21 Savage, Ferras, Lunchmoney Lewis, Theron ThomasRyan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!
03. Gorgeous - TBD
04. I'm His, He's Mine - Katy Perry, Dr. LukeDoechii, Ferras, Lunchmoney LewisRyan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again! (Samples "Gypsy Woman" by Crystal Waters)
05. Crush - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Emily Warren, Theron ThomasRyan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!, DallasK, KBeaZy, Scott Harris
06. Lifetimes - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Lunchmoney Lewis, Theron ThomasVaughn Oliver, Rocco Did It Again!
07. All The Love - TBD
08. Nirvana - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Emily Warren, Theron ThomasAaron Joseph, Vaughn Oliver, Ryan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!DallasK, KBeaZy, Scott Harris
09. Artificial - TBD
10. Truth - TBD
11. Wonder - TBD
12. No Tears For New Years (Bonus Track) - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Ferras, Theron Thomas, Ryan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!
13. I Woke Up (Bonus Track) - Katy Perry, Dr. Luke, Sarah Hudson, Lunchmoney Lewis, Theron ThomasVaughn Oliver, Ryan Ogren, Rocco Did It Again!

Where are the Lu Kala songs? Didn't Katy say she helped her out to write one of her new songs?

1 hour ago, Sergiov said:

Where are the Lu Kala songs? Didn't Katy say she helped her out to write one of her new songs?

Right? I'm so confused.

And Katy said that was gonna be her biggest hit, so did it even make the album? 

4 hours ago, every1blinks said:

Wait wait where did the idea that there were 6 bonus tracks come from? I know of the Target & KP store ones already

I have no idea, I knew about two songs too: No Tears For New Years, I Wonder

don't know if those are the target and purple edition tracks but those names been floating around

Edited by alexaalto
  • Like 1

where did the names for the bonus tracks come from? and what happened to other songs like Wave or Sexual?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.