Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

after hearing the nirvana snippet and that horrible drop, I'm sure lifetimes was the right choice for single

it looks like this dated and extremely gay album will not have single worthy songs and that's a shame, I'm sure lifetimes would have chart more than one week if it was released as first single... 

• Like 1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

Ordered the Target CD :foxaylove3: I love a bonus track

There are only 3 tracks we did not hear snippets of as of yet, right?

2 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

There are only 3 tracks we did not hear snippets of as of yet, right?

I've only heard WW and Lifetimes.  Waiting till the album release.

but I think there are at least 4 you haven't heard.

• Like 2

Guys, I think I will love the álbum, but I'm worried, because it looks like it will be a 0 certification era . Smile still produced 5 certifications, and it's impressive how Smile track and Harleys in Hawaii weren't radio singles in us , and even that way managed to get certified

But 143, if any out of 4 collaborations do nothing it's over (I mean it , once I can't believe she can get a solo hit anymore).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, spree said:

but I think there are at least 4 you haven't heard.

4 from the og tracklist but 5 or 6 if we count the bonus tracks also?

target exclusive has a bonus track and at least the Deluxe purple vinyl variant has a bonus track

idk if target and purple vinyl have the same track or different. if it is the same track then 5, if different then 6:party:

Deluxe purple vinyl

Target Exclusive

Edited by alexaalto

9 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

target version has a bonus track and at least the purple vinyl variant has a bonus track

idk if target and purple vinyl have the same track or different:party:

there are also bonus tracks on Japanese CD https://tower.jp/item/6413149/143 but these are probably the same as Target/webstore tracks or some remixes

• Like 1

Isn't the bonus track some Swamp Version of a song already on the album? 

imagine if the bonus track is the same on all different versions and it's a remix:clown:

• Haha 1

I agree that the drop in Nirvana makes the song sound kinda dated, which, to me, is not always but in this case it's just horrendous :skull:

I miss those random remixes she had in the Smile era, some of those were so much better than the original and gave new life to the tracks

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

World Tour 

announcement coming today?

Had "Smile" album vinyl spinning this morning :alexz: what a gem.

Spoiler

Some rapper started rapping during Smile and i thought i put on the wrong vinyl lol.... i almost jumped :gaycat7:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope the deluxe will also be released on spotify this time, rip high on your supply

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sam.teas said:

World Tour 

Arenas? :cute:

3 hours ago, sam.teas said:

World Tour 

...canceled! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, LionH3art said:

I hope the deluxe will also be released on spotify this time, rip high on your supply

(a bit off topic) that song is sooo good, it should've been on the standard version for sure, it's one of the bests off Smile (like Energy:rip:).

Edited by FabForAThrowback
  • Like 2

I read that she will be auditioning at U.S. stores in various cities throughout September. Girl, be careful, you may be asked complex questions on camera. :rip:

• Haha 1

I cant believe… She could've actually get a Top20 hit with her lead single if it was produced by someone else. 

But she was too scared to flop , all up in her head with confidence at all time low and run to Dr Luke thinking she did smth with that dated producer. 

She could've easily call BloodPop to give her a hit top20 lead single. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Human Fly said:

I cant believe… She could've actually get a Top20 hit with her lead single if it was produced by someone else. 

But she was too scared to flop , all up in her head with confidence at all time low and run to Dr Luke thinking she did smth with that dated producer. 

She could've easily call BloodPop to give her a hit top20 lead single. 

I wish she'd committed to the dance genre and worked with dance/electonic producers. Imagine a Katy single produced by Fred Again, BloodPop, Stuart Price or Jamie xx (who's album coincidentally comes out the same day as 143). 

I do wonder which songs Max Martin produced too since he's been confirmed for the album. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bends said:

I read that she will be auditioning at U.S. stores in various cities throughout September. Girl, be careful, you may be asked complex questions on camera. :rip:

she has listening parties on Sept 18, but she won't be attending

4 minutes ago, popstickle said:

I wish she'd committed to the dance genre and worked with dance/electonic producers. Imagine a Katy single produced by Fred Again, BloodPop, Stuart Price or Jamie xx (who's album coincidentally comes out the same day as 143). 

I do wonder which songs Max Martin produced too since he's been confirmed for the album. 

She was at least flopping in peace with Witness and Smile and always got a chance to get back in business for a big hit but this one… Its different. internet and critics totally ruined her. I never see her coming back ever again. 

It was so easy , look at the billboard charts pick one artist that would fit for your new song and Rent a trendy pop star to feature on a bloodpop produced track, at least they wouldnt call you Gaga ripoff because its the same producer. 

That would be easy Top40/30/20 debut for her and would chart more than 1 week. 

She is really so stupid i cant believe she even become this big with this stupidity. 

17 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

She was at least flopping in peace with Witness and Smile and always got a chance to get back in business for a big hit but this one… Its different. internet and critics totally ruined her. I never see her coming back ever again. 

It was so easy , look at the billboard charts pick one artist that would fit for your new song and Rent a trendy pop star to feature on a bloodpop produced track, at least they wouldnt call you Gaga ripoff because its the same producer. 

That would be easy Top40/30/20 debut for her and would chart more than 1 week. 

She is really so stupid i cant believe she even become this big with this stupidity. 

She was not flopping in peace with Witness. Her mental health suffered signifcantly, but luckily she made the right call to focus on her own life and family more after that tour. Ultimately that saved her from completely spiraling I think

• Like 3

It's sad to see how this era is a MESS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.