Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

I still hope that Nirvana will be her second single that will be pushed on the radio... But Katheryn and Capitol are so confusing with their choices. :dancehall:

• Like 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

Omg Crush :jonny5:

143 should've been released two months ago, idk why they decided to go for a September release, it's obviously more of a summer album 

• Like 2

I like how Crush sounds but everything on this is so repetitive which is not that bad… but maybe her team is not well focused, this type of music won't to do anything in the US (let alone with Katy's name on it), maybe she should do a bar promo tour in Europe or so…

We already have that basic songs but at least try to make digestible, idk :gaycat6:

16 minutes ago, thismoment said:

Omg Crush :jonny5:

143 should've been released two months ago, idk why they decided to go for a September release, it's obviously more of a summer album 

They still think VMAs will be enough to give her some hype, they are so out of touch…

Well I still think Nirvana will be THE song off 143

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

They still think VMAs will be enough to give her some hype, they are so out of touch…

Tbf I think the VMAs could and will help, but if they scheduled the release of the album on September because of that, then they're not very insightful which ofc isn't something new 

nirvana is an instant top 5 katy song for me omfggggg :jonnycat:

like i'm sorry but even if the era is doa (which it most likely will be), it will have been worth if for nirvana alone :WAP: what a BOP :wanda:

crush sounds very eastern european dance music-ish (derogatory), so it could end up being a hit in poland or romania nn

gorgeous sounds promising but it's giving watered down unholy :rip:

honestly her doing a bar tour across europe could work. ik it's a massive downgrade from arena tours but i'd rather pay $100 to see her in a bar than in an empty arena :dies:

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Mattically said:

The worst thing is she won't even learn anything from it. She's so convinced in her delusion that she'll just think people are haters and that's why she's a flop - not because she's given them valid reasons to criticize her. (Not to say some hate isn't forced, but still.)

Obviously, looking back at her previews era or two... She obviously thought chasing trends, releasing sterile generic music produced by certain man would be certified success. She hasn't really thought about anything other than relying on him, she thought 'Katy reuniting with Luke' would bring so much nostalgia and success. And it was probably the only thing she thought about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoAngelus said:

Obviously, looking back at her previews era or two... She obviously thought chasing trends, releasing sterile generic music produced by certain man would be certified success. She hasn't really thought about anything other than relying on him, she thought 'Katy reuniting with Luke' would bring so much nostalgia and success. And it was probably the only thing she thought about.

how can you even be mad at her for thinking that? I mean she took some risks with Witness and it didn't pay off of course she would go back to the one who brought her success I don't blame her for working with Luke 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

This whole album and era just absolutely no demand for not only it but for her, the single doing less numbers than songs from some of her peers from her day that weren't even singles from years ago just wow. Gaga truly ended and erased her with just practically one swipe lmaoooo

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 15

12 minutes ago, Great808 said:

This whole album and era just absolutely no demand for not only it but for her, the single doing less numbers than songs from some of her peers from her day that weren't even singles from years ago just wow. Gaga truly ended and erased her with just practically one swipe lmaoooo

gaga has nothing to do it. you can exit now. :giraffe:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

She looks AMAZING omg I am obsessed :jonny:

The music has not been great (at least so far) but her looks, her attitude and energy this era are totally selling this for me.

All the videos of her partying and clubbing over the last couple months have been such a gag to me idc. And I feel like that encapsulates what she was trying to so with this record.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Great808 said:

What swipe? 

• Thanks 1

Tbh I've always supported Katy from OOTB till now and it's really frustrating reading that the fault for her "flop" is working with Luke cause let's be honest she wouldn't have received support anyway…Luke it's just an easy excuse to attack her but nonetheless she's really delivering it with this era   

• Like 2

small talk > woman's world

and I'm deadass serious 

:clack:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

istg this fandom could use some class and demure time from time :rip:

11 minutes ago, thismoment said:

and I'm deadass serious 

wbk this once we heard the first WW snippet lets be real

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thismoment said:

and I'm deadass serious 

Small Talk doesn't make me feel sexy confident...

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

istg this fandom could use some class and demure time from time :rip:

Those stans are a mess :mazen:

Chappell made some points after all. She would have punched that guy  :dies: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KK_Lover said:

and it's really frustrating reading that the fault for her "flop" is working with Luke cause let's be honest she wouldn't have received support anyway…Luke it's just an easy excuse to attack her but nonetheless she's really delivering it with this era   

if she delivered the same singles/music without Luke attached to it, she would've still flopped. Dua didn't do too well either with the same type of music, it's just not connecting with the masses in the way Chappel's & Sabrina's type of pop does nowadays.

also let's not bring BRAT into the conversation, yes it's the closest to the music Katy is doing now, but Charli has branded herself over the years and is way more Gen Z-catering with it. 

• Like 3

The drop in "Nirvana" is disappointing. Up to that point, it's the best song on the album it would seem.

My current ranking based on snippets and the two singles:

1. "CRUSH"

2. "GORGEOUS" featuring Kim Petras

3. "NIRVANA"

4. "LIFETIMES"

5. "GIMME GIMME" featuring 21 Savage

6. "WOMAN'S WORLD"

7. "I'M HIS, HE'S MINE" featuring Doechii

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thismoment said:

and I'm deadass serious 

I've been feeling you so bad this era :gaycat7:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thismoment said:

and I'm deadass serious 

Pls!!! I save Small talk only because it's produced by Charlie. I keep finding WW very good, basically because it sounds more an anthem-ish/strong pop type of song like her classics, indeed WW is the most KP-style song off 143 in my opinion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxelFox said:

She looks AMAZING omg I am obsessed :jonny:

The music has not been great (at least so far) but her looks, her attitude and energy this era are totally selling this for me.

All the videos of her partying and clubbing over the last couple months have been such a gag to me idc. And I feel like that encapsulates what she was trying to so with this record.

You got a point. I mean atp we know so well that 143 isn't an album focused on narratives, but basically on feeling yourself through the music and dancing to it. So I don't get why people are still surprised about the repetitiveness/simplicity of lyrics. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.